Past Guest Programs: Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, and RC

Tom-n-Cheryl

Someone managed to revive the post again, which can be misleading if people read from the beginning...

For instance, NCL's program is no longer based on number of cruises, but rather based on a several factors including number of cruise days and you get additional "points" for booking 9 months in advance, booking certain cruise offers for repeat passengers, and booking a suite.

IMO what hasn't changed is the Bronze, Silver, and Gold level benefits are worthless to me, and it takes far too long cruises to reach Platinum and get any meaningful perks. That said after having sailed 7 cruises in a row with NCL I'm now trying out Carnival and Princess. I choose a cruise based on itinerary, value, and service and willing to try out other lines. NCL's "loyalty" program is structured so poorly it's weighing against them in my future cruises.

While I agree with a lot of the posts, I don't cruise a line just for perks. Don't get me wrong, if a line gives me something for repeat sailings, I'm thankful, however, I may not use all of the perks.

Just saying, we have many options to choose from as far as cruise lines, ships, entertainment, etc. Even if I choose a line for my next cruise, it would be on a class of ship I prefer or want to try. DW and I no longer look just at CCL for our cruises. Actually, CCL is the last line we are looking at for a May cruise.

Just put us on a ship, feed me, clean up after me, and I'm happy. Loyal to my wife my Country, and my God, Loyal to cruising as long as we can, not Loyal to any cruise line.

Just put us on a ship, feed me, clean up after me, and I'm happy. Loyal to my wife my Country, and my God, Loyal to cruising as long as we can, not Loyal to any cruise line.

Variety is the spice of life (well, forget that w/regard to your wife and country LOL)!!!

Tom

I would update it --- but that would be an ongoing project, and message board formats are not real conducive to updates!

Tom

With the way things are still changing, by the time you did an update on the various programs, it would be outdated especially CCL which is constantly changing.

When we first started cruising we looked at CCL first, but now we look to see where the ships sare sailing (all cruise lines) the price and the dates I can go..... I dislike the recent CCL changes. They are still a good $ value but sometimes $s are not the best way to choose a ship IMO:rolleyes:;):(

leedm

When we first started cruising we looked at CCL first, but now we look to see where the ships sare sailing (all cruise lines) the price and the dates I can go..... I dislike the recent CCL changes. They are still a good $ value but sometimes $s are not the best way to choose a ship IMO:rolleyes:;):(

leedm

Totally agree, but $$ may be the only way to pick a cruise for some today.

Some won't look beyond the bottom line - for those who can/will, they'll often find things they weren't expecting!Tom

Agree, good and/or bad.:D:(

• 1 year later...
Hey Jimbo - did you try one of those roast beef sandwiches on the Oasis? YUM ! :D

Tom

I did and they were pretty darn good. I posted a review (my first) both here and on the main Royal page, not sure if you saw it. Quite a ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

I did and they were pretty darn good. I posted a review (my first) both here and on the main Royal page, not sure if you saw it. Quite a ship.

I'll see if I can find the review (always fun to read)!

Tom

I'll see if I can find the review (always fun to read)!

Tom

We are currently at our condo in Florida for a week doing some R &R (currently sitting at the pool) I tried to post a link from my I phone but it appears I have some techno challenges in that regard. I will post a link here when we go back inside.

We are currently at our condo in Florida for a week doing some R &R (currently sitting at the pool) I tried to post a link from my I phone but it appears I have some techno challenges in that regard. I will post a link here when we go back inside.

I found it - searched through your posts.. was on the 3rd/4th page or so. Good read. We really enjoyed the Concierge Lounge onboard. Nothing like going there each afternoon for tasty snacks and free drinks!! :)

I went to the Park Cafe on the last night (at 5:58 pm - two minutes before close) and got two of those tasty sandwiches to go. One for a late night snack, and the other for BREAKFAST ! :D

I liked that the Allure had a hot dog place - whereas they had a donut place there instead on the Oasis.

The comedians on the Oasis (two guys) were among the best we've ever seen.

We didn't catch the live latin guitar in Central Park until the very last night. We were sitting out there at a bar and thought it was piped in music. As we left we saw him playing... VERY GOOD !

Tom

I found it - searched through your posts.. was on the 3rd/4th page or so. Good read. We really enjoyed the Concierge Lounge onboard. Nothing like going there each afternoon for tasty snacks and free drinks!! :)

I went to the Park Cafe on the last night (at 5:58 pm - two minutes before close) and got two of those tasty sandwiches to go. One for a late night snack, and the other for BREAKFAST ! :D

I liked that the Allure had a hot dog place - whereas they had a donut place there instead on the Oasis.

The comedians on the Oasis (two guys) were among the best we've ever seen.

We didn't catch the live latin guitar in Central Park until the very last night. We were sitting out there at a bar and thought it was piped in music. As we left we saw him playing... VERY GOOD !

Tom

Thanks for the heads up on him, based upon you mentioning him before, I went looking..... Very god. The entertainment was top notch.

Edited by jimbo5544

. . . I went to the Park Cafe on the last night (at 5:58 pm - two minutes before close) and got two of those tasty sandwiches to go. One for a late night snack, and the other for BREAKFAST ! :D

He ain't fibbing . . . I watched him do this!! :D . :D . :D