Scared!!!!!!!!!!

cris0716

Nope, you'll be aboard a moving resort, which will stay clear of all the bad weather. I would be scared if I was on a land resort with nowhere to go! :eek:

Doesn't current projection maps put it making landfall somewhere on the Eastern coast of Florida between Miami and Jacksonville on Saturday? So potentially it could affect the Saturday arrivals/departures. However, it is too early to say where she is going to be at that point in time. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Hmmm, you have an interesting situation, indeed. The current projection of the path places the center of the cone at Ft. Pierce, which is about 65 miles south of Port Canaveral. However, the various models project paths with the eye staying offshore. The forecast also is calling for a minimal hurricane as it approaches the Florida coast.

The cruise line is well abreast of the situation and will not put a ship, nor passengers, in harms way. Keep an eye on things on the Weather Channel website, the information on Cruise Critic and on the Carnival website.

I am watching this storm as my 92 year old mother and my sister live on North Hutchinson Island just north of Ft. Pierce.

Doc

is anyone scared about the tropical storm emily coming to the east coast on saturday cause i'm leaving from port canaveral on the dream and worried about the weather.

Not scared but praying really hard that nothing happens. My Fun Group will be on the Dream Saturday also.

I am really scared right now about this storm, because we are flying into Orlando on Saturday and driving down to Lauderdale on Sunday, and now I am worried that it will be dangerous to drive down, or that our cruise will be cancelled, or we might have an itinerary change. I have never dealt with this before, so does anyone have any advice?

.....first stop Friday @ Grand Turk. Looks like the storm might be right there when we get there. I just hope we don't miss HMC. I missed it last time I was there due to high winds and the tenders could not run due to high winds.

:eek:

wasiii

nope...you will be safe. Ships sail around the storm

Emily is projected to be around Port Canaveral on Saturday so the Dream should be in port at the time she hits. If the storm is bad enough, the Dream can port at Port Everglades or Miami. This does create a problem for pax disembarking and embarking though. Nothing to worry about yet. There will probably just be a lot or rain unless Emily gets upgraded.

is anyone scared about the tropical storm emily coming to the east coast on saturday cause i'm leaving from port canaveral on the dream and worried about the weather.

The ships are pretty good about sailing around storms. The state I live in is in a Stage 4 Drought and non ending 100/100+ degree days. If I were on a cruise right now and it rained I would probably sit on the deck and enjoy it. :D

since the storm is projected to hit that area on sat.. people traveling that day might be in for some issues... as far as the rest of the week..

most of the time a good storm will suck much of the moisture out of the air... you will most likey have a great wekk after the storm passes.just give yourself some time on sat and you will be fine

have a great trip

I have lived in Florida since 1977 and I can tell you that hurricanes are a part of life for us. Unless it's a category 3 or higher, we don't worry too much about it. Anything less than that is similar to a thunderstorm here. Like others have posted, Carnival will not put you in harms way.

Nope.

I live about 45 miles south of the port Vero Beach. I wouldnt be concerned! Plus it will never make it to Hurricaine Strength when it crosses over the mountains in the DR!!! Still to early the path still might move more west or east ;-)

I'm most scared about missing Key West, not about the storm!! I picked my itinerary because we have never been there and both ports are nontendering. My DD is in a WC and unable to transfer or walk so if we are diverted to a tender port, she can't get off the boat! We are gonna be on a cruise anyway so its all good....:D

Archived