Chair Hog pictures... post 'em here!

cruzn buckeye

"Moral of the story....early bird gets the worm"

Yes,but the bird eats the worm. He is not allowed to leave it there for two hours and expect it to be there when he returns.

Favorite retort to that silly excuse ever!!! :D

Please tell me this was said "tongue-in-cheek"? :eek: The belief of people who actually believe they can do whatever they want and ignore all the rules simply because they are on vacation is astounding! :mad:

DITTO!! You read my mind. Thank you!

I have no reserves about moving a towel if no one has been using the chair for over 30 minutes. I'm on vacation, so instead of getting "into it" with someone... I'd probably take the towel off of the lounger, move the chair somewhere close, then put the towel where the chair used to be, order a DOD and then laugh if the person comes back and is like 'what the ***' but has no idea who did it lol. Honestly, Ive never had issues finding a chair, but this sounds like fun lol

Ok...I will warn you- if you watch this video, you may never want to sit in a chair on the Lido deck ever again! :eek: I saw this on an episode of World's Dumbest- on TruTV.

I don't think this girl had to worry about anyone calling her a chair hog or wanting her seat...:( Please don't watch if you have a weak stomach (although it is pretty darn funny!)

Ok- don't say I didn't warn you...;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deZMHRPgSA8&feature=plcp&context=C3c09845UDOEgsToPDskLCbBCbXs_PAiSvXmkSRYOd

YOU TUBE took the video off.

John Heald had a post on his facebook page that showed "chair hogs"...It was amazing the number of chair's taken..check out his facebook page

OK we have all seen these chair hogs..... we even have nicknames for them. On our 104-day World Cruise we had a women who, every single morning no matter what the weather, reserved her sunlounge with her clothes and her bathers and a towel. And they stayed there all day every day..... She would arrive in her clothes and change into her bathers right there on the deck and have her shower, swim, then return to her reserved sunlounge and change back into her clothes and leave her bathers there hanging on THE sunlounge to dry. But she was also the Pool **** 'cos she would yell at anyone that got into the pool without having a shower first and wow betide anyone that jumped into the pool. Of course that just created much mirth amongst the boys so they would all jump in just to get her reaction...... Well, we were on a World Cruise for 3 months - small things, amuse....................

I'm thinking about making up a little booklet with a ring binder so pages can be turned. One page would say "I'm not a chair hog - gone to pee", another would say "Not a chair hog - I'm in the hot tub", Not a chair hog - gone to cabin to retreive book", Not a chair hog - at the bar getting drink. I would laminate these pages, bring a dry erase marker to enter times and bring a zip tie to attach it to my chair. Also need small knife of scissors to remove the book! Do you think this would work?

I'm thinking about making up a little booklet with a ring binder so pages can be turned. One page would say "I'm not a chair hog - gone to pee"' date=' another would say "Not a chair hog - I'm in the hot tub", Not a chair hog - gone to cabin to retreive book", Not a chair hog - at the bar getting drink. I would laminate these pages, bring a dry erase marker to enter times and bring a zip tie to attach it to my chair. Also need small knife of scissors to remove the book! Do you think this would work?[/quote']

Hallarious! I would love to see that!

I don't like the idea of renting "specific chairs/cabanas for the duration of the cruise". There are too many cruisers and not enough of what may be considered premium seats.

You may only use it/them in the morning/afternoon, so what, ....they may be empty for a good portion of the day? Nah!

I do like the idea of renting a cabana (there are other cruise ships with this option). It would be no different than booking a cabana at Half Moon Cay. And if I had paid my rental, how and when I use it is my choice. Personally with this option, I would book an inside cabin and have the cabana as my outdoor space.

Dont take this the wrong way....but....You must be a "sandy wet blanket" on vacation. Go with the flow. Complain when at work or when someone hits your car. People go on vacation to do what they want and not have to follow rules.

If this is your belief than you need to vacation in very remote locations (cruise ships are by no stretch of the imagination remote) because the rest of society has rules to live by, even on vacation.

I go with the 'flow' and I don't complain, but I sure as heck will remove your belongings if your behind isn't in a chair in a reasonable amount of time. You can take the issue up with a Carnival Staff member, I would just ignore you (that's my rule for a good vacation -- ignore the idiots in life, they're a dime a dozen).

If this is your belief than you need to vacation in very remote locations (cruise ships are by no stretch of the imagination remote) because the rest of society has rules to live by, even on vacation.

I go with the 'flow' and I don't complain, but I sure as heck will remove your belongings if your behind isn't in a chair in a reasonable amount of time. You can take the issue up with a Carnival Staff member, I would just ignore you (that's my rule for a good vacation -- ignore the idiots in life, they're a dime a dozen).

Good rule!! :)

latest trick we noticed on the splendor in june was to use white room bath towels held down with picnic table clips. Also saw people pull these towels after 30-45 minutes and move them to the back with clips thrown in the pile. Also a few robes tied down. Like the trays of undisturbed breakfast food laid at a 45 degree angle neatly on the lounge. Wish i could have got a pic.

think next move is the old duct tape trick or red velvet security rope and chrome posts.

bungee cords!

I believe I would do the same thing.

Has anyone else had a problem where passengers, not only claim a sunlounge for the day - but they take two instead of one mattress to put on it....... this happened on the Dawn Princess, World Cruise 2010. And the habit grew and grew..... On really hot days when the pool area was in great demand, you would find many passengers just lying on the hard plastic sunlounges with no mattresses, while the 'hogs' were sprawled about with two or three mattresses. I was mortified but they didn't appear to have any conscience at all. Of course most of them obviously spent any time they weren't at the pool in the dining room or at the buffet so I guess they needed that extra padding :rolleyes:

Archived