Chair Hog pictures... post 'em here!

cruzn buckeye

Just to put my $.02 in...

I think it should be against the rules to hold a chair for any reason whatsoever. It doesn't bother me because (it may not make sense but) I don't like sitting in the sun much and I've always found a chair whenever I've wanted to find one. But it just makes me mad reading these posts and seeing these pictures.

Carnival should have somebody routinely remove towels that are left unattended. If you are not in the chair you are not using it and/or don't need it. If you are swimming or grabbing a bite or grabbing a drink you are not using the chair and don't need it.

You might think, "Well I will need it when I'm out and I don't want to wait forever to find one!" but if you -really- think about it.. If they had somebody always removing belongings from empty chairs and enforced a 'no chair saving for any reason' policy there would almost always be empty chairs for you to sit at. I highly doubt every chair will always have somebody in it.

I think a chair being empty for 5 minutes is too long if there are other people who are looking to find a chair to relax in.

This is RIDICULOUS! So, if I get up to get in the pool, get something to drink or go to the bathroom, I have to give up my chair? The definition of a "CHAIR HOG" is someone who saves the chair for longer than 30 minutes and is not using it at all.

This is RIDICULOUS! So, if I get up to get in the pool, get something to drink or go to the bathroom, I have to give up my chair? The definition of a "CHAIR HOG" is someone who saves the chair for longer than 30 minutes and is not using it at all.

I kind of agree with you...but where exactly do you find this official definition?

The blue towels in your stateroom are provided for the pool area. If you lose one, I believe you are charged $20 for it.

Yikes! Can you collect them, like alluminum cans and turn them in? I could pay off my cruise with the chair hogs!

Yikes! Can you collect them, like alluminum cans and turn them in? I could pay off my cruise with the chair hogs!

I guess you could collect them but you won't get anything for them if you turn them in. You could try to get $5 a towel reselling them back to the chair hogs that lost them though! ;)

I think it should be against the rules to hold a chair for any reason whatsoever. It doesn't bother me because (it may not make sense but) I don't like sitting in the sun much and I've always found a chair whenever I've wanted to find one. But it just makes me mad reading these posts and seeing these pictures.

Carnival should have somebody routinely remove towels that are left unattended. If you are not in the chair you are not using it and/or don't need it. If you are swimming or grabbing a bite or grabbing a drink you are not using the chair and don't need it.

You might think, "Well I will need it when I'm out and I don't want to wait forever to find one!" but if you -really- think about it.. If they had somebody always removing belongings from empty chairs and enforced a 'no chair saving for any reason' policy there would almost always be empty chairs for you to sit at. I highly doubt every chair will always have somebody in it.

I think a chair being empty for 5 minutes is too long if there are other people who are looking to find a chair to relax in.

Absurd. You couldn't even get up to stand at the railing for a minute and watch the wake. You couldn't use the restroom. Or the pool.

TOTAL agreement. If you are not in it, it is free game.

My feelings on the subject EXACTLY!!!! You move, you lose! :cool:

My feelings on the subject EXACTLY!!!! You move, you lose! :cool:

Save me from THESE cruisers! I can see them now, wearing their shark gear, circling the decks just waiting to pounce on a chair should someone have to go to the bathroom! A chair hog is NOT someone who is actually using the chair!

To those of you who are brave & move the stuff -

1. Where do you put it ?

2. When the people confront you, what do they say

3. What do YOU say to them??

I know I'm late to this thread, but here are my answers:

1) I would give the items to the attendant on duty and say it's for lost & found. Obviously someone left the stuff behind when they abandoned the chair.

2) I've only had one confrontation in 4 cruises and all they dd was angrily ask me what I did with their stuff before leaving. (See #1.)

3) See #1. :)

5 minutes? No way. You have to allow people the opportunity to go the bathroom or to grab a bite to eat or to even swim. However, 45 minutes is perfect, IMO.

What I have done in the past is place a sign on my chair saying I'm doing one of the 3 things above and that I would be right back. I've actually gotten a few thank yous from people for doing so. And 99% of the time my wife is still in her chair anyway.

Save me from THESE cruisers! I can see them now, wearing their shark gear, circling the decks just waiting to pounce on a chair should someone have to go to the bathroom! A chair hog is NOT someone who is actually using the chair!

Save you from these cruisers?

You are AWESOME that you can make a judgement call in ONE STATEMENT!

Be reasonable.... If a family of four is sitting in a group with a CHAIR vacant it's probably being USED....and who WANTS it anyway?? HELLO???

AMAZING how folks enjoy tearing someone a new one over an opinion about a deck chair?? Hello AGAIN??

PERSONALLY...I'm not a member of the privileged few/self rightous so if I'm not in it, I don't NEED it.

Ground control to Major Tom???

TOTAL agreement. If you are not in it, it is free game.

Totally absurd - that means going to the restroom is totally out of the question. Or down the water slide. Or to get a drink.

Wish I could find that vid of the woman that dropped trou on her chair and let loose on the deck.....

Totally absurd - that means going to the restroom is totally out of the question. Or down the water slide. Or to get a drink.

Wish I could find that vid of the woman that dropped trou on her chair and let loose on the deck.....

Guess now we know why she did that . ;)

Save you from these cruisers?

You are AWESOME that you can make a judgement call in ONE STATEMENT!

Be reasonable.... If a family of four is sitting in a group with a CHAIR vacant it's probably being USED....and who WANTS it anyway?? HELLO???

AMAZING how folks enjoy tearing someone a new one over an opinion about a deck chair?? Hello AGAIN??

PERSONALLY...I'm not a member of the privileged few/self rightous so if I'm not in it, I don't NEED it.

Ground control to Major Tom???

Yes, SAVE me from cruisers who will GRAB my chair as soon as I'm out of it. I think I have a right to use the pool, go to the bathroom, the bar, or get some food--as long as I'm not gone for more than 30 minutes (and these trips usually take about 5-10).

Everyone needs a hobby....LOL

:D

five minutes?! If you plan to sit your behind in a chair and NOT get up at all...to use the bathroom, take a dip in the pool or order a drink, or grab a snack...why insist on a chair by the pool to begin with?

Archived