Speedos - Square Cut & Trunks - Oh My!

Mermen

When you dress whether it is swim wear , Formal night, or any other time; You are dressing for yourself and no one else . . . Wear what you want and what make you feel comfortable!

Scott

I couldn't agree with you more! Sometimes I need a little coaxing from my better half (or help with colors). I don't think I got that gene, it's work for me to figure it out and be comfortable. :)

Gary

• 4 weeks later...
Back in the day, i had a pair of flesh-colored Aussie Bums that almost got me arrested in the Cayman Islands! They went missing at the gym pool (off ship), and I hope they fit whoever took them! :)

Same with my ICE-Blue aussiebums. Forgot how shear they get when wet. Found out when a guy stumbled as he passed my lounger. Saw his wife tug him away after that. Made me smile, as did other passengers giggled. And that was on Holland America out of Tampa.

Same with my ICE-Blue aussiebums. Forgot how shear they get when wet. Found out when a guy stumbled as he passed my lounger. Saw his wife tug him away after that. Made me smile, as did other passengers giggled. And that was on Holland America out of Tampa.

I love that suit! I don't own one, but I've seen pictures of it. I can imagine a lot of people were distracted. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I love that suit! I don't own one, but I've seen pictures of it. I can imagine a lot of people were distracted. ;)

I have a pair in ice blue. Got them last year sometime.

aaaahhhh not a true scotsman then....

No Scottish blood in me, sorry. But I do so because of windy decks and to many people to get "OFFENDED" so im on the safe side.

Well I know I will see a lot of hot ones, I am still okay for 49 years old :). At least I do not think they would throw me out of bed. I have heard from a few people that are gonig on the same cruise as I. The RC Allure West Carib on June 3, 2012. So I am sure we will meet some cool people. See some hot guts in Square Cuts and Trunks!

OH MY!

• 2 months later...

I've only taken straight cruises and always wore speedos or squarecuts by the pools. No one seemed to mind. I'm cruising the Mediterranean for the first time this August (16 - Crown Princess - anyone else?) but going to switch to trunks. Not because of speedo judgements, but because I'm turning 50 and I'm no twink anymore. I kinda believe if you're going to show more skin, have something worth showing. I wish more straights would adhere to this rule!

I've only taken straight cruises and always wore speedos or squarecuts by the pools. No one seemed to mind. I'm cruising the Mediterranean for the first time this August (16 - Crown Princess - anyone else?) but going to switch to trunks. Not because of speedo judgements, but because I'm turning 50 and I'm no twink anymore. I kinda believe if you're going to show more skin, have something worth showing. I wish more straights would adhere to this rule!

Some years back I was in an icecream shop(miles from any beach)This guy wore speedos, but was so "big" he hung so far down in the front, you never knew he had the suit on unless you were behind him(I was)When he turned, it definatly wasn't pretty. Sorry, if offends the politically correct, but it was a hidious site!

There's a lot of things that bother people, being fat isn't one of them for me. I worked my arse off to drop 60 pounds and keep it off so understand the challenges some men and women can have. Wear what you want, I don't care - For me personally, it's loud and obnoxiously drunk people making bafoons of themselves, yucking it up without a regard to anyone else and being disruptive. Luckily I haven't seen a lot of that though.

So thin or fat, I think it's odd that someone would just march into an ice cream shop with a freakin speedo on!! And no beach insite? WTH? :D

Turning 50?? Im almost 50 and can still pass as mid 30s. Speedos arent for "twinks". If your going to Med.. That is the place to wear them, expecially around the italian beaches and other ports. Besides there will be more people on the ship from that part of the world and less Americans. If you going to wear Speedos Med is place to do it.. You got it all backwards.

There's a lot of things that bother people, being fat isn't one of them for me. I worked my arse off to drop 60 pounds and keep it off so understand the challenges some men and women can have. Wear what you want, I don't care - For me personally, it's loud and obnoxiously drunk people making bafoons of themselves, yucking it up without a regard to anyone else and being disruptive. Luckily I haven't seen a lot of that though.

So thin or fat, I think it's odd that someone would just march into an ice cream shop with a freakin speedo on!! And no beach insite? WTH? :D

Maybie there was a pool around the corner.. LOL

Here is what I dont understand.. Ok, your switching to shorts.. What, to cover your thighs?? I understand the upper Thigh is considered the new "sex organ" for a guy like the breasts are for women. The reason every guy wears shorts to the knees.. The rest of your body can still be seen from the waist up and the knees down.. What is the differnace? You gained weight in your thighs? LOL. I personally think you have self consious issues..

There are 50+ yo women wearing one peices and 2 peices that have the same leg exposure as a speedo and they wear them with no problems. I still wear them and im almost 50. I use the gym daily. And will continue to do so....

Yeah, I couldn't figure that! There was no beach for at least 10 miles(small lake)Basically the guy hung down to his knees. You actually couldn't see the suit until he turned around. I didn't need glasses until after that day LOL! he was asked to leave 7 return properly dressed(no shirt no service)He created quite a stir that's for sure.Sorry, but the guy was "cartoon" ugly to boot.

Yeah, I couldn't figure that! There was no beach for at least 10 miles(small lake)Basically the guy hung down to his knees. You actually couldn't see the suit until he turned around. I didn't need glasses until after that day LOL! he was asked to leave 7 return properly dressed(no shirt no service)He created quite a stir that's for sure.Sorry, but the guy was "cartoon" ugly to boot.

I saw a woman walking through wall mart near my house wearing a one peice suit, she was over 200lbs. The lake was about a mile from the store, nothing like beachfront walking distance. This was last year. Im fit, but i wouldnt walk through a store wearing a speedo. Because I know its not proper. But as soon as I get to a boatramp to launch my boat. The kilt comes off and its speedo time:D.

I saw a woman walking through wall mart near my house wearing a one peice suit, she was over 200lbs. The lake was about a mile from the store, nothing like beachfront walking distance. This was last year. Im fit, but i wouldnt walk through a store wearing a speedo. Because I know its not proper. But as soon as I get to a boatramp to launch my boat. The kilt comes off and its speedo time:D.

I've got a few too many pounds(about 25 over)to look good in a speedo. The cargo type looks better on me. Love the kilt. About 10 years back in PTown, we were walking to the beach & heard, then saw a guy in kilt playing(very well, mind you)the bag pipes really a bit bizarre, but really helped make it one cool day.

I've got a few too many pounds(about 25 over)to look good in a speedo. The cargo type looks better on me. Love the kilt. About 10 years back in PTown, we were walking to the beach & heard, then saw a guy in kilt playing(very well, mind you)the bag pipes really a bit bizarre, but really helped make it one cool day.

People ask me that.. No im not a Bagpipe player. Im not into scottish tradition since its not in my blood..

People ask me that.. No im not a Bagpipe player. Im not into scottish tradition since its not in my blood..

A hot guy in a kilt is a nice sight to be sure,Scottish or not. We see some in formal kilts during formal nights on Cunard. Richard(my spouse) always jokes that I'd like to look down at my patent leather shoes & use them to "look Up" the kilts. Tempting, but I'm not about to try that(someone might see me!)

A hot guy in a kilt is a nice sight to be sure,Scottish or not. We see some in formal kilts during formal nights on Cunard. Richard(my spouse) always jokes that I'd like to look down at my patent leather shoes & use them to "look Up" the kilts. Tempting, but I'm not about to try that(someone might see me!)

Yea.. Well I wear my Kilts "casual" which means T Shirt ankle socks and tennis shoes.. Only that the kilt replaces the shorts. If I go to the beach or out to pools, I will have on a Speedo under the kilt instead of brief underwear. Kilts make a good coverup to and from the beach and pool.

;)

Yea.. Well I wear my Kilts "casual" which means T Shirt ankle socks and tennis shoes.. Only that the kilt replaces the shorts. If I go to the beach or out to pools, I will have on a Speedo under the kilt instead of brief underwear. Kilts make a good coverup to and from the beach and pool.

Well, we can always hope for that "Marilyn" moment

;)

Well, we can always hope for that "Marilyn" moment

Yes there is plenty of those expecially going up and down stairwells on outside decks and standing right up next to rails towards front of ship. Winds tend to have a serous "up draft" effect when next to rails etc. :D. I dont do commando for those reasons.. i dont need somebodys little "brat" telling there parents that i was exposing myself in front of them.. So what they do see is nothing more then is seen at pool or beach..

• 1 month later...

Archived