Speedos - Square Cut & Trunks - Oh My!

Mermen

......we just got off of the Oasis Of The Seas for the Western Caribbean Cruise,,,,,there were speedos all over the deck,,,:eek:,,,so many in fact, we had to start wearing Sun Glasses,,,:cool:,,,lol...OMG , some of those married men or at least men with women on their arms were sure not afraid to show off what they had...that being said, several should of NOT worn them,,,:eek:,,,including an Asian man that even the women in the pool said "That cant be real"....out loud I might add,,,,,,LOL :D

Sppedos were "alive and well" ;) on The Oasis!

Yep, you got it. For some reason americans are uptight about men's bodies in bathing suits. A woman can wear two postage stamps and a piece of dental floss and be OK but any man in a speedo is gross, disgusting and a pervert. :rolleyes: And to illustrate their posts they will always find a picture of the most obese, hairy man in a speedo.

I don't get it, but then again, I am not American born.

You are perfectly right. Most Americans are hung up on sexuality and attire for swimming/sunbathing. For a country that has claimed to be number one in most areas, we sure fall behind in that area. I am with you on what people can't handle, they should not look at. Or are they afraid they might get aroused if they see a man's package outlined vividly in his speedo. Personally, I wear not only a speedo, but square cuts that have a pouch, which brings all my junk front and center for all eyes to feast on.

Not bragging here, just proud of my body and like those who want the attention, I will give it to them.

As for people who make one word slurs about anyone in a bathing suite, you have to ignore them. Some people are so critical about everything, they can't be satisfied, ever!

For my point of view, I wouldn't be caught dead in speedos or a square cut. But if someone chooses to wear them, vive la difference. Thing is, guys I have "been with" like to see me in "brief" briefs; my feelings on the matter isn't about seeing other guys "junk." Frankly, I could go on YouTube and search "men," "speedos," "Brazil" and watch the videos for HOURS! The guys are HOT HOT HOT! Watching a bunch of sagging butts and sagging guts just doesn't appeal to me. Doesn't mean I don't value you them as human beings, I just know what I like. Moreover, being gay, I conversely don't want to see ANY woman with two patches over each nipple and butt floss. Especially now that I have gotten used to sleeping without a light on again! :)

Waaaah! Why can't I come to the dining room in cut-offs, wife-beater shirt, and flip-flops on formal night? Waaah! It's my vacation and it's all about ME! I should be able to dress like trailer trash if want to!!! Waaah!!!

Well, because you also don´t dress that way in a decent restaurant at home. That´s why. Plus there are people who enjoy dressing up during a cruise in our horrid informal world.

Hi guys, I promised to write what I saw on the Southsea cruise from San Francisco to Sydney on the Sea Princess.

Lots of Brits, Germans, Canadians, Swiss. So really lots of speedos and square trunks on men of all age groups. Well, like a European public swimming pool I shall say.

900 Americans on board - but those were to some 60% of chinese decent - they didn´t go to pool area at all. So over all not too many long bath shorts. The exception to all was one not so young anymore chinese guy who always laid next to his wife in bright neon coloured THONGS. And he always laid there so you could see right between his butt. Hilarious!

Guys, enjoy!

Oliver

Personally, I wear not only a speedo, but square cuts that have a pouch, which brings all my junk front and center for all eyes to feast on.

Rick, unfortunately you appear to be part of a minority. I know the kind of suits you're talking about. I designed several of them when I was sewing/selling men's suits. There is a much larger demand for them than most people realize.

Hi Steven & Daniel,

Thanks for the note of support. I said I usually wear briefs or square cut suits with the front pouch, but I don't think this cruise is the proper environment for such a suit. I will save it for the beach, but I will wear a standard speedo on the ship. And no you will not see a fat belly hanging over the suit!I plan to enjoy myself at the pool area. :p

Rick, unfortunately you appear to be part of a minority. I know the kind of suits you're talking about. I designed several of them when I was sewing/selling men's suits. There is a much larger demand for them than most people realize.

Except the styles arent changing fast enougth.. By the time Speedos become the "norm" again. I will be to old to look good wearing them.. BTW. Im American and I wear them still, Been doing so since the mid 1980s.

Why does a guy have to cover up after getting up from his lounger to walk the Lido, but yet a women fat or slim can walk anywhere around the ship in a bikini even at the food line?...

Hi David,

I am with you on that. Are you going on the November 6th cruise on the Star?

Scamper,

Yes you are entitled to your point of view on everything. But I don't see what the big deal is about wearing speedos or square cuts on or off the ship. That is unless one feels self conscious about their body? Personally, I enjoy seeing and watching men with nice bodies and tight revealing swim suits walking by. I don't find it appalling or disgusting in the least. Granted I can get any kind of video online I need to get better and different views of hot men, but somehow seeing it in person provides for a nicer experience. As we get older, it does take some work to keep our bodies in good condition. I happen to appreciate the end results of all that hard work. So men, wear your speedos and prance the pool deck all you want!

There was a French couple on a snorkel excursione I took last year. Both were in excellent shape but were wearing trunks. I was so disappointed. But once we were underway they peeled off the trunks which were actually shorts, revealing the Speedos I thought I'd never get to see them in. Yes, there is a God! My real point is those guys knew when it was appropriate to have their junk showing and when it wasn't. P.S. By the end of the cruise one of them came down with a severe cold. That'll teach him!

After the French men gave you a eye full of bikini junk, then you bless them with

"That'll teach them"?? Shame on you!

Looks like we have three guys who are comfortable, regular speedo wearers. Are there any more out there?

For those speedo lovers (or anyone else) who are trying to get in shape (in my case, the over 40 club)....any suggestions for trimming the mid section? That slower metabolism with age is a killer. I have a very slow growing spare tire that I'm trying to stop and preferably trim. :o

...I enjoy seeing and watching men with nice bodies and tight revealing swim suits walking by.

...seeing it in person provides for a nicer experience.

Rick, I definitely agree with you on both counts. Some guys are more visually stimulated than others. My partner and I are perfect examples of each. A hot guy walks by, my partner takes one look and he's done. I enjoy checking him out all week long (in a non-stalker kind of way :cool:).

Our last cruise had three generations of hot muscular guys in a big family vacationing together. I'm always fascinated watching straight guys interact with each other. These guys were definitely worth watching (in a non-stalker kind of way :D).

Living in the mid-western U.S. provides very few opportunities to check out guys in speedos. That's why Caribbean cruises are one of my favorite things :).

Well, because you also don´t dress that way in a decent restaurant at home. That´s why. Plus there are people who enjoy dressing up during a cruise in our horrid informal world.

Thanks. My signature is an example of what we call "sarcasm."

Scamper,

Yes you are entitled to your point of view on everything. But I don't see what the big deal is about wearing speedos or square cuts on or off the ship. That is unless one feels self conscious about their body? Personally, I enjoy seeing and watching men with nice bodies and tight revealing swim suits walking by. I don't find it appalling or disgusting in the least. Granted I can get any kind of video online I need to get better and different views of hot men, but somehow seeing it in person provides for a nicer experience. As we get older, it does take some work to keep our bodies in good condition. I happen to appreciate the end results of all that hard work. So men, wear your speedos and prance the pool deck all you want!

I have no problem with wearing speedos either, with the proviso that, 1) the guy that is wearing it looks good in it, and, 2) it ain't me in them. I didn't say "everyone" looks bad in them. If you reread my post, I stated that I don't particularly care to see someone with a sagging butts and guts in them. If you can "pull them off" (so to speak) with a flat tummy and a butt you can bounce a quarter off of, I am all for seeing that body in speedos all day long.

Don't get the speedo thing. Sorry.

Square cut is so much nicer!

Speedo reminds me of some old man on the beach in France.

Square cut is much more tasteful. My opinion. :)

Robert,

Squarecut suits (sometimes called a Brazilian) are definitely hot and probably a little more accepted than the speedo as far as the general public. Of the suits that I designed and sold, a squarecut was my personal favorite.

Robert,

Squarecut suits (sometimes called a Brazilian) are definitely hot and probably a little more accepted than the speedo as far as the general public. Of the suits that I designed and sold, a squarecut was my personal favorite.

Squarecuts are more accepted, even though they show the outline the same as a Speedo. Its just that general public thinks that the male "thigh" is considered a "sex organ" to which a squarecut covers some of it. Look people, Thigh is a Thigh, they are NOT sex organs.. they can be shown.

Squarecuts are more accepted, even though they show the outline the same as a Speedo. Its just that general public thinks that the male "thigh" is considered a "sex organ" to which a squarecut covers some of it. Look people, Thigh is a Thigh, they are NOT sex organs.. they can be shown.

I have never heard this and I am pretty immersed in the 'general public.' I would suggest that perhaps it is more that the line is horizontal from the thighs across the 'organ' and therefore does not tend to draw the same amount of attention as a speedo which has a rise up the leg from the crotch.

I have never heard this and I am pretty immersed in the 'general public.' I would suggest that perhaps it is more that the line is horizontal from the thighs across the 'organ' and therefore does not tend to draw the same amount of attention as a speedo which has a rise up the leg from the crotch.

I would tend to agree with you. Men are not supposed to have bulges. :rolleyes:

Just back from two weeks in the French Riviera.

Appeared to us that the European guys at the mainstream beaches are mostly wearing board shorts these days just like their American counterparts.

Everytime I read a post about Speedos it make me think. Should I stop wearing them. I'm in my early 50's in good shape and now wear the square cut swimsuit. I like the look and drying time of a speedo at a swimming pool. When I go to the beach I do wear board shorts. Richard:)

My pretentious friend who thinks he knows everything says that if you're over 50 (which he is), speedos are fine as long as you're on a lounge, blanket, sun bathing platform, etc. The minute you get up to move around you should put board shorts on. Take that for what it's worth.

Personally, I think the square cut is sexier than the speedo and leaves a better tan line too :)

Everytime I read a post about Speedos it make me think. Should I stop wearing them. I'm in my early 50's in good shape and now wear the square cut swimsuit. I like the look and drying time of a speedo at a swimming pool. When I go to the beach I do wear board shorts. Richard:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived