Speedos - Square Cut & Trunks - Oh My!

Mermen

I am not over 50 but practice that as well. Tanning away I am all for a speedo but once I am moving to go to the washroom or get a drink the board shorts go on....

I do put on the board shorts if I'm going anywhere but to the pool. Glad to know I'm not alone. Richard

Im pushing 49 and I still wear Speedos. And I DONT put shorts on over them when i go to pool from my chair.. Why? Because im not ashamed of my body and after seeing all the fat women that can strut around in a 2 peice, why should I cover up to suit everybody else when im in good shape?

Those of you who want to wear Speedos but are aftraid?.. Dont fall into the peer pressure of society just because the average joe thinks its gross. I see allot of gross women.. Why dont they cover up and quit mocking us guys....

Im pushing 49 and I still wear Speedos. And I DONT put shorts on over them when i go to pool from my chair.. Why? Because im not ashamed of my body and after seeing all the fat women that can strut around in a 2 peice, why should I cover up to suit everybody else when im in good shape?

Those of you who want to wear Speedos but are aftraid?.. Dont fall into the peer pressure of society just because the average joe thinks its gross. I see allot of gross women.. Why dont they cover up and quit mocking us guys....

Here here! Bravo!

Nothing like a nice man in a speedo to make the juices flow. I want to see more of them.

I agree that we as men (straight or gay) shouldn't be ashamed. I don't care how "fit" or gym-toned the body is, either. Really don't agree with the shallow thinking that only those who are gym bods can wear certain clothes...screw that, I'll do what I please. Ya don't like it? Don't look.

I do cover up, somewhat, when getting up. We usually hang out in the spa or solarium and our cabin is typically near the spa, so running down there to use the bathroom, get a bottle of water, etc., I'll throw on gym shorts or board shorts. Believe me, my other half and I aren't ashamed, but do this out of habbit and we do it at a resort or hotel as well, just a form of modesty or decency I guess. As much as I like looking at men in square cuts, really would prefer it in the pool / spa area only...in my mid 40's and maybe old fashioned, LOL!

I am not ashamed either - I feel (and this may be old fashioned) that I should know and respect my audience. Some of the people of the cruises we go on (HAL) come from a time when exposure of much less than this would be considered lewd not just innapropriate.

Everyone can do what they wish of course but for me I put on shorts when traversing public areas, don't wear a hat when I am eating, put on a shirt in enclosed public spaces, and put on shoes or at least flip flops when going to eat - inside or out. I do not consider this bowing to public pressure - I consider it exercising good taste.

Just the way I was brought up.......

Agree with you, nice to hear we are not alone.

Amen David - I work out hard and am not ashamed of my body, so why shouldn't I wear a Speedo. I grew up being ashamed and made fun of because I was so skinny, so when I started working out many years ago, I vowed I wasn't going to be ashamed anymore and have worn Speedos proudly for many years now and will keep wearing them.

I wear what I like when I like!

:)

See my profile pic!! ;)

That btw was taken on Monarch of the Seas during a regular Bahama cruise. And my friends were giving me a little grief for my Speedo.

eta: wait a minute... my profile pic didn't change... :( But if you click on the profile pic you will see the speedo pic... crazy...

I wear what I like when I like!

See my profile pic!! ;)

That btw was taken on Monarch of the Seas during a regular Bahama cruise. And my friends were giving me a little grief for my Speedo.

eta: wait a minute... my profile pic didn't change... :( But if you click on the profile pic you will see the speedo pic... crazy...

rather brief speedo. :D I liked it so keep doing it.

Another Central Florida speedo wearer here - looks great JS! If I were there, I'd be wearing one too right beside you!

Jsnow

Central Florida area speedo wearer here to....

Only be ashamed for allowing others to influence how you think or act.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...
How does knee-length board shorts hide love handles any better than a speedo? :confused:

I totally agree... although being bear shape I have big swimmers shoulders and and belly.. I like my speedos as they are way more comfortable for swimming, which is one thing to do on a pool deck... they also dry quicker and dont have pockets that turn inside out when you get out the pool...

I end up with a sexy "speedo tan" rather than white thighs to my knees making it look ridiculous when I wear underwear or gym shorts.

Speedos expose the thigh areas and not the waist.... If you can see the speedos on the men, there is nothing wrong with them... if you cant see the speedos because the belly hangs low or the thighs swallow the material, then I would suggest a little more cover... a compromise is always a square cut that can be hitched up when sunbathing...

I find it is the massive thighed Floridian women who block the cabin corridors with their pendulous rears and take up two sunbeds are the people who complain of anything remotely sexual or attractive... possibly as this is a long forgotten part of their lives.

If you really want to shock try anything from AussieBum' date=' Speedos are conservative in comparison...... :D[/quote']

I love AussieBums.. they are so much more comfortable too... and the colours are more varied.. but I do avoid the nylon white and pale blue on cruise ships as they can go transparent... which is fine for the beach but you dont want to scare the grannies! I have a piercing too which can get some fun looks...

I am in my fifties & still swim daily.....the speedo is comfotable, dries quickly & is easy to pack...

Its how you wear it that counts!!!!!!

Everytime I read a post about Speedos it make me think. Should I stop wearing them. I'm in my early 50's in good shape and now wear the square cut swimsuit. I like the look and drying time of a speedo at a swimming pool. When I go to the beach I do wear board shorts. Richard:)

....if you guys from that strange place "across the pond" (i'm from the UK) lived in Australia, this 'post' would never have started. Go to any beach in Oz (gay, straight, family or whatever) and nearly ALL the guys will be wearing Speedos. It's a national tradition:):):)!!!

....if you guys from that strange place "across the pond" (i'm from the UK) lived in Australia, this 'post' would never have started. Go to any beach in Oz (gay, straight, family or whatever) and nearly ALL the guys will be wearing Speedos. It's a national tradition:):):)!!!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!!

Recent pictures I have seen of places like Bondi Beach show a lot of guys in baggy shorts :(

Yeah, not so much, at least I don't think so. :) pretty sure there is more strangeness in other parts of the world dear cousin. :rolleyes:

Archived