Elevator noise ?

Dreamakermom

If you get a cabin by the elevators, can you tell me if they are loud and if you hear them opening and shutting all day and night??? I am trying to narrow down a possible cabin and thinking for the absolute best ( and trying to avoid obviously, the worst) cabin possible! :o

Fabulous!!!! I will try to request one near the elevator then. Although my DIL just called and said they were already booked for a 4 person cabin with a balcony (we only need 3 person) for next June's 14 day cruise. This may change EVERYTHING!!!! :eek: What are the chances of a cabin becoming available??? Does anyone know?

I used to avoid those rooms out of fear. Three cruises ago, it was the only room available in my category. Absolutely no problem or no issue:)

We never heard a peep. I think you would be fine:)

Usually, there are hallways separating the elevators from the cabins.

We usually book close by as DH has some walking issues -- we have

never been botheresd by any noise. Look at the deck plans -- if there

is some "white space" across from you cabin -- that is usually an

access area for the crew. You might encounter some noise there.

Since your cruise is for next year --- you can change cabins or

book additiional if available at this point. Even if you have put a deposit down -- the cabin can be changed.

3 in a cabin with 1 bathroom --- may be more of a challenge than

possible elevator noise, IMO.

Fabulous!!!! I will try to request one near the elevator then. Although my DIL just called and said they were already booked for a 4 person cabin with a balcony (we only need 3 person) for next June's 14 day cruise. This may change EVERYTHING!!!! :eek: What are the chances of a cabin becoming available??? Does anyone know?

Which ship?

My husband and I were on Nieuw Amsterdam this past March. Had a spa room on deck eleven. I found the "ding" sound from the elevator very annoying especially late at night and early morning. I do tend to be a light sleeper though. Perhaps something to consider....

Noise from the elevator is usually not the issue, although I could hear the 'ding' when it arrived. It was similar to the 'ding dong' before an announcement...just not as loud. However, noise from people getting off the elevators can be a problem. EM

I was in 7042 on the Westerdam that fronted the elevator lobby.

I could hear the dinging of the elevator & also it was noisy as people passed the cabin to go down the corridor.

Cruisingly Yours

We always get a cabin directly next to the glass elevators. There are many elevators coming and going, you might hear an occasional ring when it stops on your floor.

Nothing to be concerned about, having the elevators nearby is a great convenience.

Archived