Watching the price

vtwgalmm

I have booked a cruise on Carnival and was told to watch the price because if it went down and I called I could get the reduced price. I'm not sure how to watch the price because I can't seem to find the price for the different categories anywhere. Any suggestions. Help would be appreciated. :)

If this isn't the place to ask this - please direct me.

Hmm if you booked direct with Carnival and booked ES then you can submit the form yourself, you dont call unless you booked with a TA.

And if you booked another rate, you only get rate drops until final payment.

I use a handy TA site, some use fareviewer, sorry no link to fareviewer, I check prices another way. Doesnt matter which site you use to check the price as TAs cannot advertise a lower price than carnival.

My TA told me I would get OBC if it was after final payment. Is it better to book straight through the cruise company? I'm asking for next time. I'm learning. Thanks

So you must have booked early saver. I hope you TA mentioned that the deposit is nonrefundable, no name changes allowed (any other rate if one pax cannot go you can sub someone else for $50), no downgrading etc.

The fact that you didnt even post you knew you were early saver scares me that your TA did not in fact go over these restrictive terms.

If you book direct, you can see the billing tab, and all the details.

If your price drops, you dont have to call when your TA is in the office, you just fill out this easy form and click sumbit.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Now you have to go thru your TA to do anything.

My fare is refundable up until the final payment. My TA was very helpful and I have everything in writing.

If that is the case the fare you have booked is not ES so you cannot get price drops after final payment.

Odd that your TA would not discuss and tell you which fare it was. Only ES fare gets price drops after final payement .. which you cannot have if your fare is refundable (back to my first post to you).

The OP just said they booked with Carnival and was told to watch the price for reductions. Simple as that...

Thanks for the help. I did book through a TA. I'll check the website suggested. Thanks again.

My fare is refundable up until the final payment. My TA was very helpful and I have everything in writing.

Im as confused as you are .. the OP said twice they booked thru a TA (not thru Carnival as you say. They also state they have a refundable fare before final payment which isnt true of ES .. well the deposit is not refundable, in which case the OP is not price protected.

If I were this person, Id call my TA and get this figured out. I would want to know which rate and the terms.

You guys are amazing. Booked 2 cabins(ES) the day before yesterday- but didn't know about the 'fareviewer' page. Have always called. Just checked- both cabin categories are down $150. Put in my Early Saver form immediately! Thank you SO much! I love Cruise Critic!

I booked thru a TA. Had two quotes in writing. Neither call ES. One the deposit was refundable until final payment, more expensive and changes could be made. One was non-refundable, less expensive and changes were $50. I bought the more expensive. In writing I was told I could watch the price and if it went down I could call or e-mail and get the lower price. After final payment it would be in the form of OBC. I hope this answers all of your questions. Now back to my original question. How is the best way to watch the price. It seems like some time ago on cruise critic I saw a web site mentioned that you could set and it would notify you by e-mail if the rate went down. I was hoping if I posted somebody might know of something like that or at least the best way to keep a check on the price. I am thankful for the person that posted with the web site. I'm also excited that this post saved the lady $150. I hope it helps a lot of folks.

I booked thru a TA. Had two quotes in writing. Neither call ES. One the deposit was refundable until final payment, more expensive and changes could be made. One was non-refundable, less expensive and changes were $50. I bought the more expensive. In writing I was told I could watch the price and if it went down I could call or e-mail and get the lower price. After final payment it would be in the form of OBC. I hope this answers all of your questions. Now back to my original question. How is the best way to watch the price. It seems like some time ago on cruise critic I saw a web site mentioned that you could set and it would notify you by e-mail if the rate went down. I was hoping if I posted somebody might know of something like that or at least the best way to keep a check on the price. I am thankful for the person that posted with the web site. I'm also excited that this post saved the lady $150. I hope it helps a lot of folks.

OK with the info you just posted sounds like you either booked past guest rate or Fun select rate. Neither one of those rates will get you anything after final payment is made except for maybe an upgrade. NO OBC.

The fare that was cheaper was the one that would have given you the OBC after final payment but that comes with restrictions.

Bill

I vaguely remember a reference to something like that...if I recall correctly the recommendation was to Google 'cruise shark'...HTH!

Opps, either you are misunderstanding what the TA wrote .. or misinformed.

Only ES rate gives you OBC after final payment.

As I stated, pick a TA site to watch the price. I have one bookmarked but we are not allowed to post a link here is why Im not posting it, or I would.

All TA sites have the same price as carnival so any TA site you can click thru works .. or fareviewer from carnival mentioned above.

The reason I was posting last night was to help. .. I dont care if your TA promised you price drops after final payment you are not getting them from Carnival .. so unless the TA takes it out of their pocket, you can at most ask for a upgrade if your price drops and you are not ES.

You guys are amazing. Booked 2 cabins(ES) the day before yesterday- but didn't know about the 'fareviewer' page. Have always called. Just checked- both cabin categories are down $150. Put in my Early Saver form immediately! Thank you SO much! I love Cruise Critic!

Just a tip.... make sure you take a screen print of the rate ASAP. Today is the third time Carnival has replied with "your request is denied, rate never existed, blah blah blah" ...and then I reply to the denial with my screen print attached... and I have my credit ASAP. Kinda shady on Carnival's part as the first time it happened I called and got a rep who told me the rate had NEVER been that low... and so I told her I had a screen print and she had the attitude I was lying... but told me to reply to the denial email with the screen print... I did and had my new OBC within 24 hours.

Same denial last week... got my OBC again in less than 24 hours after I sent the screen print.

Another denial this morning... sent the screen print a few minutes ago...

I think it's ridiculous, frankly. At least they are responding to the screen prints...

Make sure you are comparing the same category--cruise price only.

--

To the poster-- one would think that reading these boards that almost all the cruises come down in price.

In 15 cruises only 2 of mine ever came down.

another tip when checking your price-- check your flight confirmations and make sure no changes occurred- this way you can catch it in time and make necessary changes. (seat assignments too)

Archived