Oceania's Free Shuttles List

hoffdahl

Hey everyone. My first post. We are sailing from Copenhagen on Marina 8/14. Should we sign up of the ship shuttle from the airport or try for a taxi? Need experienced advice.

Take a taxi

On the Marina on July31 we are scheduled to dock in Cork/Cobh. The Port schedule has us docked at Sea Area PS 01. Does anyone know where that is? We are the only ship scheduled to dock there in July or August.

Why not make this a sticky???

Hi Paul,

Anything to help our wonderful community members ! This thread is now a "Sticky"

New to this thread.

Called Oceania 2 days ago. They do not provide a shuttle from South Queensferry to Edinburgh. There is a train station (Dalmeny) nearby with a considerable number of steps to climb. Otherwise a taxi or bus is in order.

New to this thread.

Called Oceania 2 days ago. They do not provide a shuttle from South Queensferry to Edinburgh. There is a train station (Dalmeny) nearby with a considerable number of steps to climb. Otherwise a taxi or bus is in order.

When we were there 2 years ago, someone told me there was a commercial shuttle bus available for a fee. I didn't see it (but wasn't looking for it) so I don't know anything about it. However, if you happen to see one when you're there, consider yourself lucky and go check it out. As everything else, however, I would check to make sure they run all day and that you know where they will pick up in Edinburgh (big city!)

If you use the search function, you may be able to find information in the Roll Calls about the train and where to get it, use it, etc. I think you need to turn left when you get off the tender and it's not too hard to find the entrance to the infamous steps. (Yes, there are a lot, plus there's a little bit of navigating to keep yourself from going into a housing development at one point along the way to the railway station, but otherwise it is a good option from what I read 2 years ago. We did not need transportation so I didn't actually do it myself, but I CAN tell you that many people have.) The ride is fast and inexpensive and the trains frequent. Go to the Ports section of Cruise Critic and try to find the posts on the train if you're interested in that option.

I think taking the bus requires walking to the center of South Q, which is not really far, but probably not the best option except for the really adventuresome who would like to save money.

Digtexas, I have never heard of that location, but occasionally a ship must dock in the infamous port of Ringaskiddy. I think I mentioned that above, if not, I'll provide more information in a separate post. However, it sounds to me that you'll dock somewhere in Cork. Sometimes it is possible to email the port to get clarification or else the port site has a map of the port. If you can't find out that way, post back and I'll do some snooping around.

Edited by roothy123

• 4 weeks later...
I read earlier on this thread that there is a shuttle in Copenhagen. If there is still one, where is the drop off location? Thanks.

I do not think there is a shuttle

You can get the HOHO or the #26 bus to the city centre

Tendered from Oceania Marina to South Queensferry on July 25, 2014. A public bus was there that provided round trip to Edinburgh for GBP 10. I did not need it and do not know where it dropped off in Edinburgh. Sounds like a good deal.

I just returned from Explore the Isles on the Marina.

-Edinburgh - Private shuttle for 10 pounds roundtrip from South Queensferry to Charlotte Square.

-Invergordon - Not sure. We walked into town and then took a ship's excursion.

-Kirkwall - Not sure; believe we were able to walk into Kirkwall.

-Portree - Not sure; I believe town was near the tender pier. We took a ship's excursion.

-Belfast - Free shuttle to town center (near City Hall).

-Dublin - Free shuttle to Kildare Street.

-Cobh - Don't think there was a shuttle; you could walk into Cobh. We took an excursion.

-Portland - Two free shuttles provided: one to Weymouth and the other to Portland

This was a wonderful cruise and I hope to do a brief review. However, it was frustrating that we typically didn't know definitely about shuttles until we received Currents the evening before we reached a port.

Someone asked about Funchal, Madeira -

The port in Funchal has two piers. The further away "seaside" one normally has a shuttle. IF by luck you dock at the "landside" pier it is about a 10minute walk into the very centre of town. Just walk along the water and turn in when you see the spire of the cathedral! If you want to take the télécabine to Monté then just continue walking along the water for another 10mins and you will see it.

August 2014 - Shuttle in Lisbon was to Rossio Square.

In Gibraltar it was to Casemates Square area for Main Street shopping and taxi tours. I had emailed the port pre-trip and was told that there was a shuttle for around 2 euros or similar in pounds but that it only ran in the morning. However, today in Gib the shuttle folks told us it would be going back and forth all day. I ended up buying a day bus pass after our taxi Rock tour so I don't know if they truly ran all day. I didn't see any but perhaps they WERE running at 4 when I came back. If not there is a bus that will reduce your walking time from the area of Casemates to port to about 10 minutes from 20 (maybe a little less on a cooler day). Google Gib bus company or ask the tourist rep in the port terminal if you want info on the bus system. Get a day pass - very reasonable.

In Cadiz I do not believe there was a shuttle and really none is needed as the cruise dock is ship is very close to the historical part of the city. It is about a 20 minute walk to the bus station next to the train station if you want to go to Seville by bus or train. (Bus is better.)

Edited by roothy123

I do not think there is a shuttle

You can get the HOHO or the #26 bus to the city centre

Also if you dock at Langelini (forget how to spell it) the water taxi is pretty easy to find near the Little Mermaid. It goes to Nyhavn which is a key tourist area. Be careful of bus schedules if you visit on Sunday. 2 years ago the 26 didn't run then, although that may have changed.

We were on a Rio d J to BA cruise last year & I recall taking several taxis at some ports to get anywhere worth seeing.

I recall Montevideo & Paraty (tender) as the exceptions since everything was walking distance.

We took a cab into downtown Santos but you're not missing too much if you don't bother. We just wanted to go to the coffee museum & stock up on some beans.

Do your homework with regards to the Buenos Aires taxis!

Shuttle today was provided by Oceania and ran from a half hour after docking until 4:30 (1 hr. prior to onboard time). It went downtown to Calle Juan de Quesada. I highly recommend taking an excursion in Arrecife or taking a taxi tour or renting a car as there is much to see on the island but little in the city.

Does anyone know if free shuttles are provided for:

Beijing (Tianjing)

Bangkok

Saigon

Hanoi

Kuala Lumpur

Shanghai

Ko Samui

Thanks.

We took cruise in 2011 on Nautica. Bangkok no shuttle needed we were right there, Saigon docks right in the city, Ko Samui able to walk to the town, Hanoi we docked in Ha Long Bay and were three hours from Hanoi however they did have a shuttle from the dock to a little market place and where you can take a tour of Ha Long

Bay.

Hope this helps

Marseille has a shuttle from port to town. I believe Barcelona has one to the Ramblas (there may be a nominal fee?)

/.In Monte Carlo no need for shuttle. Easy walk and you can buy a town bus ticket for a few euros which you can use all day for getting around so no need for Ho ho bus. We went all over including Grimaldi Forum and Exotic gardens and more

Does anyone have recent experience with shuttles in Marseilles, Monte Carlo and Barcelona. I am starting to make plans for our August cruise on the Riviera, and would be interested in what is available at these ports.

See above