Live from the Allure of the Seas - August 21-28, 2011

Daghis

Does anyone have a copy of the list of restaurants on Allure that shows which cost money and what times they are open, etc?

Thanks!

Here's a link to the published RCI list:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

However, for our cruise some prices have increased. The Chef’s Table is $95 pp, Samba Grill is $30 pp, Chops Grille $30 pp, and 150 Central Park is $40.

Hope this helps. See you on 9/11

However, for our cruise some prices have increased. The Chef’s Table is $95 pp, Samba Grill is $30 pp, Chops Grille $30 pp, and 150 Central Park is $40.

Are you sure you paid $30 for Samba? Daghis said he paid half price $12.50 on Monday, which makes full price $25.

Are you sure you paid $30 for Samba? Daghis said he paid half price $12.50 on Monday, which makes full price $25.

You are right, the price is $25.00--thanks for the correction. We had friends who were on the Allure and said it was the best meal he had ever had on a ship. But, he also said not to fill up on "salad" wait for the tenderloin---yummy. Can't wait, we booked it the first night:D.

If you have time can you see where the tables #143 , 144, 145 are located.

Thank you will check back tommorow or next day. Have a great cruise we are 32 day away.

Some request are a little ridiculous, the guy is on vacation.

I'd be happy just to hear your comments; positives, negatives and hints rather than running around this huge ship; trying to answer all the personal questions. I don't think people have any idea what a huge job/request, some of these questions are for you. This ship is huge!

Burrma very good point, the man is on vacation and people want him to run around and tell them were there tables are going to be.

Burrma very good point, the man is on vacation and people want him to run around and tell them were there tables are going to be.

I felt like a B.... saying that but just had to make people realize; he's on holidaya and whatever he posts (spending his interent time and money) should be appreciated without asking him to do more.

Good afternoon, everyone!

We just returned from a quick visit to St. Thomas to browse the shops, looking for a few souvenirs for friends. We picked up a couple T-shirts and a bag from Del Sol (the place that sells solar-active items that change color in sunlight) and a few miscellaneous items.

I'm planning to go back out to the island with our friend. We're interested in trying a restaurant that he saw on some travel program called Gladys's or something like that. I tried doing a Google search, but my 3G connectivity on my iPad is a little flaky on the ship.

In a strange twist, I haven't yet eaten today. Can you imagine that? Being on a cruise and not eating for fourteen hours?!

Someone had asked about the Promenade cabin. I like it, although this room has the bed next to the window and I prefer the bed by the closet so as to give more room in the lounging area next to the window. It's a decent room, though, with a love seat between the bed and the closet, the typical desk and mounted TV across from the love seat. There is a window that overlooks the Royal Promenade, but the view isn't as good as it was on a Freedom-class ship in my opinion. First, the Freedom- (and Voyager-) class ships have three decks of Promenade cabins, while the Oasis-class ships only have a handful of cabins on deck 7. On the good side, from where we are, we don't have any cabins across from us to look in our window, but that means our view is partially the ceiling, lights, and support structures.

We have a view of a couple shops and the edge of Sorrento's from here. It's still decent for people watching, but I think I would have personally preferred a cabin further aft. That's just a personal preference.

Anyway, we're off to Windjammer. DH is looking for lunch. Back soon!

Just curious about St. Thomas after the hurricane. I take it there was minimal actual damage, but was the water and beaches affected? Sometimes passing storms can create rough waves and murky water. Sounds like you didn't go to the beach, but did you hear anyone comment about the beaches?

I didn't explore the beaches of St. Thomas myself, but from what I heard, everything was fine. (Actually, our friend went to Honeymoon Beach over on Water Island.)

I didn't see anything that looked as though it was a remnant of the storm. Our friend did mention that there was a downed tree branch that they had to avoid during his bicycle ride excursion.

I went back to St. Thomas to enjoy Gladys' Café with our friend. I had a yummy jerk grilled mahi-mahi sandwich. It was a bit pricey, totaling $35 plus tip for the two of us.

I also went back to Cariloha, the store that sells bamboo products (shirts, towels, sheets, etc.). I picked up a new polo shirt. It's rather expensive at $60, but I do love bamboo. I've knit with bamboo yarn in the past and it's a very nice fabric.

We're trying to figure out what to do for dinner. We thought we were going to do the dining room, but we've lost consensus on that, so we're adjusting our plans. :)

Any chance you could find the 12 in by 12 in scrapbook with a picture of the Allure on it and take a picture?

I'll see whether I can do this. They might frown on me taking a picture of a picture that they're selling, but I'm thinking that since it's a package, it might be okay to get a snapshot of it.

If you have time can you see where the tables #143 , 144, 145 are located.

Thank you will check back tommorow or next day. Have a great cruise we are 32 day away.

I'm not sure I'll be able to find this out. I'm doing My Time Dining, so we're up on deck 5. I suspect that those tables are on one of the lower decks. Also, I don't know when we'll be back to the Main Dining Room as we've been eating at a lot of the alternative dining places.

If I can, I'll see what I can find out.

You are right, the price is $25.00--thanks for the correction. We had friends who were on the Allure and said it was the best meal he had ever had on a ship. But, he also said not to fill up on "salad" wait for the tenderloin---yummy. Can't wait, we booked it the first night:D.

I'm happy to hear it is still $25. I'm hoping to pay half price when I sail.

The cruise fare plus specialty restaurant prices for a family, not to mention drinks and trying at least 1 or 2 cupcakes starts to get pretty expensive. :D

Enjoy you dinner at Samba!

In a strange twist, I haven't yet eaten today. Can you imagine that? Being on a cruise and not eating for fourteen hours?!
Way too much time in between meals. :confused::eek::eek:

I also went back to Cariloha, the store that sells bamboo products (shirts, towels, sheets, etc.). I picked up a new polo shirt. It's rather expensive at $60, but I do love bamboo. I've knit with bamboo yarn in the past and it's a very nice fabric.

I would love to see a photo of you in your NEW bamboo shirt. I've never heard of this fabric.

I'll see whether I can do this. They might frown on me taking a picture of a picture that they're selling, but I'm thinking that since it's a package, it might be okay to get a snapshot of it.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Thanks so much!

I'm not sure I'll be able to find this out. I'm doing My Time Dining, so we're up on deck 5. I suspect that those tables are on one of the lower decks. Also, I don't know when we'll be back to the Main Dining Room as we've been eating at a lot of the alternative dining places.

If I can, I'll see what I can find out.

Thank you deck 3 is where they are suppose to be

Archived