Live from the Allure of the Seas - August 21-28, 2011

Daghis

Hello, everyone!

Just as Radio has finished his fantastic cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas, giving me much enjoyment to read for the past week, we're about to embark on our own cruise on the Allure of the Seas.

As I did last year, I'll bring y'all along with me for the cruise to share the experience. I love reading "live" threads and hope that this thread will be enjoyed by others as well.

We're planning on heading to the pier around 10:30, so it's about time to get to bed so that I can awake refreshed and full of anticipation for this wonderful week ahead of us!

BTW, this is my first time using Tapatalk, so I'm hoping that this will make it even easier to access the forum while onboard. I've got my "Camera Connection Kit" for the iPad, and I've got a method for uploading photos from here, so I'm really hoping I'll be able to share photos as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works as planned.

See y'all tomorrow!

So kind of you to do this; really looking forward to reading about your trip and thoughts. We leave in 12 weeks for Allure.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this live review!! My husband and I sail on Allure six weeks from today and cannot wait :D Pretty sure I will be "tuned" in at 5pm to watch you all leave on portfever.com.

Hope your trip is a fabulous one!!

Woo Hoo! Another live review! We will be on board Allure three weeks from today and I can't wait. Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. We are staying at the Embassy Suites for the first time. How was the manager's reception and breakfast? Were they crazy crowded? Enjoy your trip. Bon Voyage! Wanda

Onboard!

We headed down to Studio B and our friend was able to get the missing reservations added to his SeaPass without any difficulty. Then we went to Rita's Cantina for lunch. Yummy! I had the spicy tomatillo soup, steak tacos, and some very tasty churros with vanilla ice cream.

We're now relaxing for a bit in the Champagne Bar while we have some pre-sail-away drinks and waiting for the cabins to be ready, which they should be now.

Woo Hoo! Another live review! We will be on board Allure three weeks from today and I can't wait. Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. We are staying at the Embassy Suites for the first time. How was the manager's reception and breakfast? Were they crazy crowded? Enjoy your trip. Bon Voyage! Wanda

We didn't visit the reception last night, but it looked a little busy. Breakfast, especially after 8:30, gets very busy. They have limited seating, so getting a table can be tricky.

I was pleased to find this morning that we could indeed see the Allure of the Seas off in the distance!

web.jpg

It's always a wonderful time on embarkation day when you can see the ship from your hotel room balcony.

Which hotel did you pick pre cruise?? And any tips for room location to see the ship?

Never mind, question answered!

thanks for the live review.will be on the allure 12/4/11.need to know all the secrets.have a great cruise.

If you haven't seen these 2 threads..there's some good tips regarding the Allure in them:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1376347

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322933

OP - you just answered my questioned that I posted thread earlier. Thank you. I couldn't reserved entertainment show online. I thought it was too late.

We headed down to Studio B and our friend was able to get the missing reservations added to his SeaPass without any difficulty.

I am so excited to see another live thread with Radio getting off yesterday. Especially this one being from the Allure. We will be sailing the Allure on October 16, Eastern. So happy to be sailing with you. Have a great cruise.

Shirley

I will be on the same cruise on Oct.16th. It will be my first cruise on RCI. I will be on the cruise by myself.

Archived