For those crusing from the east coast

swimmom32

Just thought id share the latest for the weekend since my family lives in Staten Island NY (NYC) and South New Jersey and as of Sunday they are calling for 90 MPH winds and will feel direct impact...My sister just called to let us know....

This is an article from AOL and our Local news is saying an Eye has formed and we are NOT out of the woods just yet as it is now possible it will hit florida Wed night....Our Kids are being told that if the winds are over 35 MPH they will be cancelling school here in Palm Beach County Florida Thursday and Friday...

I hope I can post this!!

Stay Safe Everyone who will be in the states affected and those of you who are Cruising, and Stay Positive its still better than being home :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/23/hurricane-irene-us-threat_n_933834.html?icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl1|sec1_lnk3|88803

I moved here from Boca Raton and went thru 3 and that was enough, they are lots of work if they hit. Its the no a/c afterwards I think I minded most.

Im on Oasis and arriving sept 2nd, so hopefully no impact on my cruise or ports, or the US.

People around here are saying they wish it would come here, though they dont really mean it, we have only had one little bit of rain since last spring.

thanks. I hope it lives up to its hype. I wish I didnt have to fly there though, lol. I live drive to cruises... but Oasis isnt coming to Texas.

Iv passed from the excited anticipation to the worried mode, since I have so much to do yet before I go.

there is one eastern track that has it hitting nj/ny directly.

having lived through only 1 hurricane that hit here in my lifetime, that was enough.

i feel for all those sailing this weekend. and i pray she is out of here by monday as we head north for vacation.

Leaving Friday on Miracle from NY. Have no idea where we might be heading! Not panicking - even sailing in circles will be a welcome respite from not sailing at all!:)

wow! be glad you're leaving friday. you lucked out.

hopefully, captain stuebing can rev up both engines and you can sail out east enough to circumvent it.

maybe even near bermuda!

wow! be glad you're leaving friday. you lucked out.

hopefully, captain stuebing can rev up both engines and you can sail out east enough to circumvent it.

maybe even near bermuda!

I wouldn't mind going to Bermuda. Haven't been there in 27 years. Always wanted to go back!:D

I wouldn't mind going to Bermuda. Haven't been there in 27 years. Always wanted to go back!:D

it's a great place to cruise to, right from our home port. just too bad carnival doesn't have the clout to cruise there in the summer months.

Carnival.com has posted some updated itinerary changes. Don't know if your ship is listed here or not. I'm checking cause we are meant to leave Baltimore on the Pride on Sunday 8/28 (just as Irene is meant to be hitting that area).

Here is the link to the updates: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-964549

Carnival.com has posted some updated itinerary changes. Don't know if your ship is listed here or not. I'm checking cause we are meant to leave Baltimore on the Pride on Sunday 8/28 (just as Irene is meant to be hitting that area).

Here is the link to the updates: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-964549

Thanks for the link. Our sailing isn't up there yet - I guess it is still too early to predict what tract it will be taking. Our forecasters have 5 different paths/scenarios going right now. I guess that by tomorrow afternoon everyone will have a better idea. We only live 45 min. from the port - but I feel for people flying/driving in from the south to us. Just hope this storm causes no loss of life/damage. Truthfully - it is "just" a cruise - there are many more important things to worry about in life!:)

Just keep checking they mentioned Baltimore this morning on our news...as of an hour ago it shows the storm hitting NJ directly if it shifts a bit NYC might not get it so bad...Have a great time regardless of the storm and who knows you might wind up in a Great Place :)

Im from NYC Brooklyn to be exact and well my family is getting prepared especially my parents in South Jersey....

Be Safe Everyone :) Happy Cruisin

A couple days ago it was forcast to hit around Wilmington and come through here in Raleigh late Sat night. I'm worried for the OBX but so glad it seems to be steering clear of my area. Being so far inland, it's extremely rare, but in '03 Isabel blew through Raleigh. We had some trees in the backyard loose some big limbs and lights flickered all day long. Not a fan of the howling wind unless it's snowing and I'm curled up by a fire.:D

The latest track is now going further east than it was this morning. DC was already on the fringe but now they are just barely on the fringe. And it seems like it is going to move faster than it was. Hmmm....I live in Virginia so that's why I'm keeping an eye on it - but that's also because we need a LOT of rain!!!!! I'll actually be out of town when it happens though and I'm sorry I'm going to miss it.

I am hoping for it to go far east...vacation in the Outer Banks week of 9/3

My Parents live in Port St Lucie FL...Frances came through...35k in damage to their house...then Jean came through a few weeks after...another 10k in damage

They are prepared for Irene just in case!!!

Be aware and prepare...words to live by no matter where they think it will go...they just can`t tell for sure

Archived