Chef's Table: Cost Increase???

tennisobo

I've done the Chef's Table three times. I never noticed the wine being tightly poured. I always received plenty and never had a problem getting a refill.

We won't be doing it again on our upcoming cruise. We're opting for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner instead since this is the first cruise on Princess where we've had a balcony cabin since 2003. We may also try the balcony breakfast too. Both of those together are cheaper than the Chef's Table.

We also don't need any more copies of the cookbook. Since we're both guys, we each get a copy at the end of the meal. I think straight couples are cheated in that they just receive one cookbook and a rose. The lesbian couple at my last Chef's Table, however, received two cookbooks plus roses. At $95 per person, I think everyone doing the Chef's Table should receive a cookbook.

We have also done the chefs table 3 times and I loved it. I am a foodie and found this to be top notch. I think the wine selection was rather good. With that said, $95 per person is too much. I can go to a fine restaurant in the Napa Valley for about $150 for the two of us including wine(but we often bring our own). Except for going to the French Laundry(one of the top restaurants in the world), I have not paid nearly $200 for 2 people in many years. So I too will most likely not be going to the CT again until the price comes down to something more reasonable.

We also don't need any more copies of the cookbook. Since we're both guys, we each get a copy at the end of the meal. I think straight couples are cheated in that they just receive one cookbook and a rose. The lesbian couple at my last Chef's Table, however, received two cookbooks plus roses. At $95 per person, I think everyone doing the Chef's Table should receive a cookbook.

Finally someone that agrees with me!!!!! When there also are two women in the same cabin, they both get them. I have enough of them and they never have changed the recipes in any of mine. And too heavy, last time my bag was overweight because of it (also the robe, etc from the ship's tour).

(Also no tip required!!) I can see that if you have done it a number of times you would not want to spend the extra money for the additional items. Maybe now with all those who feel it is too expensive we will have a better chance of getting chosen to attend;)

Not necessarily...The Maitre d' hand delivers your picture to the dining room on another night, and I believe he does expect a tip for that. We did tip him, and he did not seem surprised :).

It was definitely a lot of fun and quite a show. Something to do at least once, but I can't say I feel the need to do it again.

There was enough interest on my cruise (currently on the Star 12 night Med) for two Chef's tables at $95 a pop.

I'm doing it this once because it's my Mom's first cruise, and my first Chef's table but I won't be doing it again at this price.

Not necessarily...The Maitre d' hand delivers your picture to the dining room on another night, and I believe he does expect a tip for that. We did tip him, and he did not seem surprised :).

Have done it twice, and received our photos, with the cook book and rose, before we left.

As a footnote, on Coral we did the CsT. on the first leg of a B2B. Thee days into the second leg, our head our head waiter asked us if we wished to go for a 'second sitting', we declined with thanks. This was at the $75.00 level, so, cost even at this level may have kept some cruisers at bay.

john

Have done it twice, and received our photos, with the cook book and rose, before we left.

As a footnote, on Coral we did the CsT. on the first leg of a B2B. Thee days into the second leg, our head our head waiter asked us if we wished to go for a 'second sitting', we declined with thanks. This was at the $75.00 level, so, cost even at this level may have kept some cruisers at bay.

john

That would have been nice. We got a call a day or two later asking us what time we would be dining so he could bring it to us personally. This was in March on the Ruby.

Questions regarding Chef's Table on the Golden Princess:

We have 14 in our group-the info from Princess says maximum 10, but I've seen reports of more; what is the largest group people have experienced?

What time does the Chef's Table experience begin and how long does it typically last?

Thanks!!

Tom

Questions regarding Chef's Table on the Golden Princess:

We have 14 in our group-the info from Princess says maximum 10, but I've seen reports of more; what is the largest group people have experienced?

What time does the Chef's Table experience begin and how long does it typically last?

Thanks!!

Tom

As I recall we staggered out close to 10.00 pm.:eek:

john

OMG! Just got done with the Chef's Table on the Star and I would say it was worth $95, at least for my first experience. I would pay it again if it was a special occasion.

There were two Chef's Tables on this cruise because there was enough interest. That being said, two people at our table were last minute additions apparently talked into it by someone (and they showed up in jeans & polo shirts :eek:) which made a total of nine at the table. I do think the attire was a result of the last minute invite so I won't hold it against them.

The food was SPECTACULAR! We started out in the galley and had four different appetizers and champagne and then moved to the dining room for the rest of the meal. I'll be posting more info in my cruise review when I get home.

We met at 7pm and were finished around 10pm.

OK, now I have to go roll myself back to my cabin.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived