Interior Plaza rooms by art gallery

newfielover

Thank you, Maureen.

We like Caribe deck locations.

My DH and I had an aft balcony there on our latest cruise this past February on the Regal.

Since the balcony is somewhat smaller than we are used to,we decided to try an inside cabin if we book the Royal or Regal in the future.

I will keep C323 or similar in mind when we book.

We were going to take the Oct.24 repositioning cruise from NYC,but we found out that a niece is going to be married on that day.

I have heard that can be a fun cruise.

Maybe another time.

May all your cruises be good!

It is a fun cruise, with lots of things to do, or nothing at all. Sorry you won't be with us. Much happiness to your niece!

Maureen

...We were recently on the Crown Princess and were in Cabin P332, an outside cabin on Plaza Deck for a 28 day cruise and were kept awake most nights by the loud whirring sound of a hydraulic pump or compressor that kept running all night...

This could very well have been the stabilizers. I have heard them in that area of the ship--they make a whirring and grinding sort of noise. I avoid rooms on the Plaza deck as I am a light sleeper, but many swear by them--heavy sleepers, I imagine :).

Booking a GTY interior I've been allocated this location a few times, and loved it, close to Int Café.

Had trouble finding the cabin once or twice , some are tucked away in the middle.

I found them very quiet.

I don't know whether its standard practise to start them off here but several times I had brand new cabin stewards who were still on probation on their first contract when staying in these cabins. They were fine, as good as any I've had, never had a really poor cabin steward on Princess.

Once I had a new steward who had previously been working on the same ship as an officer's cabin steward, apparently its a promotion for them to go to service paying passenger cabins.

I usually love Plaza Deck and have never had an issue until my last cruise to Mexico (Grand P.). First day and last night were incredibly noisy with luggage being moved .. P234 inside cabin. The last morning I walked across the hall to the odd numbered rooms and no noise!

Debr

Plaza 234 on the Grand Princess is an ocean view cabin.

We agree with most everything that has been said and have chosen to stay in Plaza Deck rooms on the Grand Class ships on two cruises. I do want to mention though we were in an ocean view room pretty far forward (about the 8th room back I think) and just so happened to be above the tendering platform area. I think we tendered twice on that cruise and the first morning we thought the beds were going to fall through the floor as they prepared the platform. We were ready the second time but it scared the crap out of us the first morning. That said, we stayed in the area a second time but chose a location further back toward the Atrium.

Dave

Just returned from a great cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We had a fantastic window cabin, P309. It was quiet and a great location. But, I would stay away from the insides. It wasn't just for an auction - but they were constantly taking down and putting up pictures. I mean constantly - we walked thru there many times every day and every time they were doing something with the pictures. I told dh about this thread and that I felt sorry for anyone with an inside that backed to the art gallery.

Thank you for your review. We will occupy that cabin on our August 29th 2015 cruise.

BTW this is my first post on CC.

Frances and Howard

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the Regal for a long cruise 2016 and first thing I did was look to see if there were cabins on Plaza! :) I love those cabins.

I was in P244 on the Emerald for 25 days and was never bothered by excessive noise. I booked a sideways interior on Regal for 25 days next year, which I'm sure will be fine.

We just came off the Ruby and had one of these cabins on the Plaza deck. We loved it very close to the IC and very quiet. There is a huge door they that close so that you can't hear any noise that is going on in the Piazza. Would book again.

Now that I am a solo cruiser, I have been doing Plaza interior behind the art gallery, and found it to be a great location. Close to the atrium, dining rooms, and I use the stairs to deck 6 & 7. Best part is not having to play elevator roulette very often. No problem with noise. They seem to be popular, and sometimes unavailable.