Hair Styling During Cruise

Immebsmom

My dad's girlfriend is a little old school and likes to get her hair shampooed, dried and styled once a week. She will get it done right before we leave, but as it is a 2 week cruise, she wants to get it done again during the cruise. I have gone into the cruise personalizer, and click on hair but get told there is nothing available to book at this time. Can anyone give me an idea of what this kind of service costs? I know that they vary from ship to ship. Also, is this something you can book in advance? Our girls like to get updo's for special events and as this is a Christmas & New Years cruise, they were thinking of getting updo's for Christmas. Again, any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Laura

I have had some great haircuts on cruises..BUT...as others have said they are pretty pricey...suggest you stop in at the salon when you board, talk with the salon or spa manager and tell then the services you want and they can give you the price. you don't want any unpleasant surprises!

My dad's girlfriend is a little old school and likes to get her hair shampooed, dried and styled once a week. She will get it done right before we leave, but as it is a 2 week cruise, she wants to get it done again during the cruise. I have gone into the cruise personalizer, and click on hair but get told there is nothing available to book at this time. Can anyone give me an idea of what this kind of service costs? I know that they vary from ship to ship. Also, is this something you can book in advance? Our girls like to get updo's for special events and as this is a Christmas & New Years cruise, they were thinking of getting updo's for Christmas. Again, any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Laura

Hi Laura, my Mom is very "old school" also and gets a wash n set done at least once every cruise, usually more since we cruise for at least 10 days. Last cruise (12/10) she paid at least $40.00 and tip.

My sister got a haircut on Star Princess in 2002 and it was over $50. EM

I will be cruising for 35 days soon, and I KNOW I will need my hair trimmed by about 3 1/2 weeks into it. But it galls me to think that I would have to pay $50 for a mere trim. IMO, that's ridiculous!!

Guess I will be packing my hair cutting scissors!!!

I will be cruising for 35 days soon, and I KNOW I will need my hair trimmed by about 3 1/2 weeks into it. But it galls me to think that I would have to pay $50 for a mere trim. IMO, that's ridiculous!!

just make sure when you decide to cut the ship isn't rocking back and forth...LOL

btw: I agree with you. We usually get ours cut the day or two prior to sailing and don't have to worry until we get home.

Nita

I will also be on a 35 day cruise next April with total door-to-door time being 42 days.

I'm used to getting a trim (I'm a guy BTW) every four weeks. This time I figure I'll get a trim just before departure at a number 3 setting (usually number 4) and simply have the better half trim the neck hairs about half-way through.

Plan on it costing her $45 plus tip. When I used to get my hair styled straight in the salon, I asked and found out the price for what your dad's girlfriend wants was $40 plus tip.

My hair stylist used to work for P&O and was trained by Steiner. He left them after 12 years of managing the salon and went to work for Jose Eber. He said he had to totally re-learn how to cut hair again because he was taught wrong by Steiner. I realize Steiner isn't on all the ships anymore, but it's the same general training. As long as you aren't too picky, you'll do fine with the ship's salon services. They're good enough in a pinch. ;)

Archived