Future Cruise Vouchers

CarlaMasterson

I assume Carnival keeps track to these. As we bought two on our cruise last February on the Glory, and would like to use them on our cruise in March on the Miracle. Problem is, my DH can't find them! Will Carnival re-issue a copy of the vouchers to me?

I've never had to deal with that particular problem, but I'd suggest calling Carnival.

the new future cruise certificates is only valid for 2 years. if you had old certificates like what i have, then they are good for 4 years

Mine are good for 5 years, depends when you bought them. I still have 4 of the 5 year expiration FCCs.

Then they changed to 4 years, then to 2 years.

Thanks for posting the information.

I lost the very first one I bought, some time ago, and Carnival was VERY helpful in replacing it, and applying it to my "future cruise". As I understand it, you can only use one certificate at a time, ie: can't apply two certificates to the same cruise, and cabin. Yes, the new certificates are good for only two years, but that's not bad IMO. I just bought three of 'em, and applied one to my seven day in Feb., 2012, for a saving of $100, one to my wife's "Breeze" Med Cruise in 2012, for a saving of $100, and one to her "Breeze" repositioning cruise for a saving of another $100. Pretty good! I spent $300, and will get back $600. I'll go for that any day! (I'll only get $100 on each of the "Breeze" cruises, even though one is 12 day, and the other is 15 day, because it's going to be a single occupancy cabin. Still very, very worthwhile though!) :D

"SKY"

I just had the same issue. They were able to track it with booking number of sailing you purchased FCC on as well as the last four digits of the CC you used.

I was in panic mode when I could not locate mine and CCL was very helpful.

Good Luck

I lost the very first one I bought, some time ago, and Carnival was VERY helpful in replacing it, and applying it to my "future cruise". As I understand it, you can only use one certificate at a time, ie: can't apply two certificates to the same cruise, and cabin. Yes, the new certificates are good for only two years, but that's not bad IMO. I just bought three of 'em, and applied one to my seven day in Feb., 2012, for a saving of $100, one to my wife's "Breeze" Med Cruise in 2012, for a saving of $100, and one to her "Breeze" repositioning cruise for a saving of another $100. Pretty good! I spent $300, and will get back $600. I'll go for that any day! (I'll only get $100 on each of the "Breeze" cruises, even though one is 12 day, and the other is 15 day, because it's going to be a single occupancy cabin. Still very, very worthwhile though!) :D

"SKY"

Thank god I was freaking out just a little bit. I will contact Carnival. Thanks for your responses.

I just bought three of 'em, and applied one to my seven day in Feb., 2012, for a saving of $100, one to my wife's "Breeze" Med Cruise in 2012, for a saving of $100, and one to her "Breeze" repositioning cruise for a saving of another $100.

So were these cruises already booked when you bought the certificates? :confused: Seems some people are getting by with it and some aren't.

I'm also wanting to know if I can buy one in October and apply it to my already booked December cruise~~wish Carnival could give us an answer and stick to it~! Seems like everybody that works there does whatever they want~:rolleyes: Wonder how they'd work it also since I've already paid off my December cruise~ would they give me the $100 back in a refund or would they give it back as OBC on top of the $200 since it's a 15day cruise...Hmmmm What to do~:rolleyes:

"SKY"

they are supposed to be now giving full OBC to solo cabins, so I would call and get that fixed if you are not getting the full amount. (I am).

You say you "saved" $100 and I dont want someone to get confused. You get the $100 off that you paid for the FCC, i.e. you get your money back. The only benefit is the OBC. .. which to me is spending money, more so than "I saved whatever the OBC" is.. for instance I get $50 OBC for my 5 day Triumph, but I dont think of it as a savings exactly. People read that and think they will get a discount, not just their own $100 they paid back.

they are supposed to be now giving full OBC to solo cabins, so I would call and get that fixed if you are not getting the full amount. (I am).

You say you "saved" $100 and I dont want someone to get confused. You get the $100 off that you paid for the FCC, i.e. you get your money back. The only benefit is the OBC. .. which to me is spending money, more so than "I saved whatever the OBC" is.. for instance I get $50 OBC for my 5 day Triumph, but I dont think of it as a savings exactly. People read that and think they will get a discount, not just their own $100 they paid back.

Yes, the cruises were already booked when I bought the coupons, and I had no problem applying them. (On line) As far as I'm concerned, I SAVED the money, because I would have spent more than the $100, just on gratuities, if nothing else, and now I don't have to put out that money, so yes,,,,I SAVED $100. Yes, the $100 I spent for the coupon was deducted from my final payment, so I got that back. Bottom line, I spent $100 for the coupon. I got $100 deducted from my final payment. (At this point, I'm even.) Then I got $100 more credit on my "sign-n-sail" account. HOORAY! I'm $100 ahead!

"SKY"

WOW, that'll be GREAT if my wife gets the full $200 OBC for the Med Cruise, and another $200 for the repositioning cruise. We just got those coupons applied, and I haven't seen the amount posted on her booking yet, so if we get the full amount it'll be another $200 in total savings. THANKS for the info!

"SKY"

So is there any haggling or better price for booking the next cruise while on the ship besides the FCC?

I dont know of any cruiselines that haggling works.. except sometimes I have heard of someone calling the last day before a cruise leaves, who is a big gambler who got $50 off the posted cruise amount on RCL.

Only that one instance out of all my cruises that I have heard of haggling.

Nope, and dont expect the FCC agents to be all that knowledgeable or to know all the ins and outs of ES for instance. They sell FCCs, so I would buy one and bring it home to use.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell me in what order they will use the OBC? I have the unrefundable $100 OBC from the FCC and I also have OBC that I purchased. Will Carnival use the non refundable credit first?

yes nonrefundable will be used first. so be sure and use up at least that much.

OBC from price drops is refundable, despite what carnival say ahead of time.

OBC can be used for anything, even tips, despite what carnival has in print.

I just applied mine last week, one for a 7 day I got $100 toward payment and $100 OBC. Is that right?

One for 5 day, $100 to payment, $50 OBC.

I just applied mine last week, one for a 7 day I got $100 toward payment and $100 OBC. Is that right?

One for 5 day, $100 to payment, $50 OBC.

yes, if you are solo, you got the full OBC.

.. I still need to apply for my stockholders on my Nov 7th Triumph and make sure the other OBC doesnt dissapear .. then Im done with that one. Hopefully I get the full stockholders too.

Archived