"Stupid travel complaints"

Cupcrazy

This is my favorite! :)

20. “My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”

We were at a top optional resort and our son commented (early 20's) that IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO COLLECT SOCIAL SECURITY YOU SHOULD NOT GO TOPLESS.

VERY good point! I am not quite there yet but I will not be going topless in public......you're welcome!! :D

WoW!! People really are that dumb!

When we went on our Excursion in Cozumel we did the ATV excursion. It states that you will be driving through water and mud in such! That was the best part about it.

So there is two other couples (it was a girl, her husband and her parents) that go on this trip with us. And we have to ride 25 minutes in the van with this whining air head. When we finally get to the place. We set down and wait for our tour guide and this place has dune buggies and ATV's.

One of the tour guides drives up in the dune buggies and she goes " is that what we are riding?" Her husband is like no babe, thats a dune buggy! You know what a ATV is. APPARENTLY NOT!

Then after hearing her whine for 10 minutes about "why isnt the tour guide isnt here yet? and we are gonna be late getting back to the ship!" He shows up and drives one of the ATV's up, well its got mud all over it! Me and my husband are like all hyped up. Miss Smarty pants says " Ewww there is mud on that one are we gonna get muddy??" " I said NOPE! its that rare mud that slides of people and only gets the 4-wheeler dirty!" My husband lost it! I was waiting for Bill Engvall to come out and say "heres your sign!"

People really get me how, they dont slow down enough to let their brain think!

WoW!! People really are that dumb!

When we went on our Excursion in Cozumel we did the ATV excursion. It states that you will be driving through water and mud in such! That was the best part about it.

So there is two other couples (it was a girl, her husband and her parents) that go on this trip with us. And we have to ride 25 minutes in the van with this whining air head. When we finally get to the place. We set down and wait for our tour guide and this place has dune buggies and ATV's.

One of the tour guides drives up in the dune buggies and she goes " is that what we are riding?" Her husband is like no babe, thats a dune buggy! You know what a ATV is. APPARENTLY NOT!

Then after hearing her whine for 10 minutes about "why isnt the tour guide isnt here yet? and we are gonna be late getting back to the ship!" He shows up and drives one of the ATV's up, well its got mud all over it! Me and my husband are like all hyped up. Miss Smarty pants says " Ewww there is mud on that one are we gonna get muddy??" " I said NOPE! its that rare mud that slides of people and only gets the 4-wheeler dirty!" My husband lost it! I was waiting for Bill Engvall to come out and say "heres your sign!"

People really get me how, they dont slow down enough to let their brain think!

That's classic:D

Love it - mine to add - we were in Cancun at a lovely beach resort and a couple were complaining that there was seaweed on the beach - horrors. The staff would clean it in the morning but it still comes in during the day and only a little. Also, we were at a top optional resort and our son commented (early 20's) that IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO COLLECT SOCIAL SECURITY YOU SHOULD NOT GO TOPLESS.

Ha ha.. I'm not sure I agree. If you have been blessed to live long enough to collect Social Security, do what makes you feel good! :)

Ha ha.. I'm not sure I agree. If you have been blessed to live long enough to collect Social Security, do what makes you feel good! :)

I agree! Whenever I see comments like that about clothing optional places, I can't help but think that if the reason you're going is to look at other people, that's kinda creepy... :eek:

My favourite was number 5 also. The whole list was hilarious though. I think second place might be the complaint that the Americans got home faster. Ha ha ha

The worst complainer I've had the displeasure of encountering was a woman at the buffet on embarkation day. She and I ended up in front of the baskets of rolls and bread at the same moment. They had been picked over and there were just a few very dark rolls left that didn't appeal to me and apparently not her either. Just as we got there, an employee walked over to check the baskets and immediately grabbed two of the three and ran off to refill them. I noted that there was a carving station just ahead of us and turned to the woman and said, 'Well at least people are in line at the carving station so we're not holding up the line alone,' and she spun on me and in a disgusted tone said, 'No, this is typical of this cruise line. The service is awful; it always was and it always will be.' As I said, this was embarkation day; I had been on board for about 15 minutes, and as she was directly in front of me in line I would guess she'd been on board for no more than 20, and that was her attitude already... I decided I could come back for bread later and got as far away from her as I could! :p

I agree! Whenever I see comments like that about clothing optional places, I can't help but think that if the reason you're going is to look at other people, that's kinda creepy... :eek:

My favourite was number 5 also. The whole list was hilarious though. I think second place might be the complaint that the Americans got home faster. Ha ha ha

The worst complainer I've had the displeasure of encountering was a woman at the buffet on embarkation day. She and I ended up in front of the baskets of rolls and bread at the same moment. They had been picked over and there were just a few very dark rolls left that didn't appeal to me and apparently not her either. Just as we got there, an employee walked over to check the baskets and immediately grabbed two of the three and ran off to refill them. I noted that there was a carving station just ahead of us and turned to the woman and said, 'Well at least people are in line at the carving station so we're not holding up the line alone,' and she spun on me and in a disgusted tone said, 'No, this is typical of this cruise line. The service is awful; it always was and it always will be.' As I said, this was embarkation day; I had been on board for about 15 minutes, and as she was directly in front of me in line I would guess she'd been on board for no more than 20, and that was her attitude already... I decided I could come back for bread later and got as far away from her as I could! :p

Oh well hunny, im sorry this cruise line " disgust" you! So why are you on board again??

Some people just like to run their traps! LOL! I know where you could have stuck one of those rolls!

Sorry you had to be around that :mad:

The list is a staple of cruise directors at welcome aboard shows:

Does the ship make its own electricity? Answer – “No we have a very long extension cord running back to Miami.”

Is the water in the toilets salt water? Answer – “I don’t know but there is an easy way to find out.”

Does the crew sleep on board? Answer – “No, they take the bus home every night”

Is the Captain in charge of the ship? Answer – “No his wife is but we let him wear the fancy uniform anyway.”

What happens if we run out of gas? Answer – “Ummmm…… we stop?”

Where does the food come from? Answer – “We grow our own up on the funnel deck”

Do we really have to go to the mandatory muster drill? Answer – “Yes”

Is there really a rivalry between Royal Caribbean and Carnival? Answer – “No not at all, they run a great line and we have a ton of respect for each other. Actually, we are towing one of their rusty, broken down ships behind us right now.”

Here is a real one – My wife asked the assistant waiter if she could have a glass of Milk.

The assistant waiter said, “For to drink?” The head waiter over heard and said, “No for to take picture… go get Milk!!!”

These are even worse than asking when Niagara Falls and Old Faithful are turned off for the night!

Actually, they can severely reduce the flow to Niagara Falls if they want to. They have power plants that bypass the water from the falls to the turbines. They are required to leave enough water in the river so that the falls look good but they could almost turn them off if they wanted to - see the attached quote from Wikipedia

"The volume of water approaching the falls during peak flow season may sometimes be as much as 202,000 cubic feet (5,700 m3) per second.[4] Since the flow is a direct function of the Lake Erie water elevation, it typically peaks in late spring or early summer. During the summer months, 100,000 cubic feet (2,800 m3) per second of water actually traverses the falls, some 90% of which goes over the Horseshoe Falls, while the balance is diverted to hydroelectric facilities. This is accomplished by employing a weir with movable gates upstream from the Horseshoe Falls. The falls flow is further halved at night, and during the low tourist season in the winter, remains a flat 50,000 cubic feet (1,400 m3) per second. Water diversion is regulated by the 1950 Niagara Treaty and is administered by the International Niagara Board of Control (IJC).["

DON

Love em" !!! :D

We had a lady screaming on the Splendor refusing to "walk" to the front and back of the ship, demanding at guest services for some special elevator to take her :rolleyes:

We laughed and searched for the Wonkavator the rest of the cruise :D

Archived