With apologies to Laurel & Hardy: Another fine mess...

Joecors

... you've got me into, ACC U.K.

Applying online for boarding passes for a forthcoming cruise, we can get one off for one member of the party but for the other member, me, it's uh! uh! computer says "NO"!! Who knows, maybe I'm being blackballed for the contributions I've made to CC

Another problem:-Requesting luggage labels , computer says "no" again and to both of us this time.

I just wonder whether it's a cunning plan by ACC so that when guests do eventually join the ship the satisfaction of doing so becomes even greater.

What I have noticed is that these niggles always occur after you've made the final payment and with final payment Azamara is "bang on the money"; no hold-ups with that!!

Applying online for boarding passes for a forthcoming cruise, we can get one off for one member of the party but for the other member, me, it's uh! uh! computer says "NO"!! Who knows, maybe I'm being blackballed for the contributions I've made to CC

Another problem:-Requesting luggage labels , computer says "no" again and to both of us this time.

I just wonder whether it's a cunning plan by ACC so that when guests do eventually join the ship the satisfaction of doing so becomes even greater.

What I have noticed is that these niggles always occur after you've made the final payment and with final payment Azamara is "bang on the money"; no hold-ups with that!!

• You can not order your luggage labels until your tickets have been issued
  • You cannot order your luggage labels until your cabin has been assigned (in the case of a Gty cabin)
  • You cannot print your set sail pass until payment has been received in full by RCI
  • You cannot order your luggage labels if you have booked via a US T/A
  • There is no need to print a setsail pass for both of you if one has already elected to pay the on board charges for the other

Which one of the above applies?

I don't think there is any conspiracy Joecors - I have managed to get everything I need to board and I have never been with this cruise line:D:D:D

[quote=tiggertom;30716600]I don't think there is any conspiracy Joecors - I have managed to get everything I need to board and I have never been with this cruise line:D:D:D

...but I do hope you realise that "conspiracy" was my feeble attempt at a joke. I know ACC U.K. only too well that the last thing I should do is to credit them with the ability to conduct a "conspiracy"

Your first cruise with Az! I'm sure that you will find that the service and friendliness provided by the crew will provide you with a wonderful, unforgettable experience!

• You can not order your luggage labels until your tickets have been issued
  • You cannot order your luggage labels until your cabin has been assigned (in the case of a Gty cabin)
  • You cannot print your set sail pass until payment has been received in full by RCI
  • You cannot order your luggage labels if you have booked via a US T/A
  • There is no need to print a setsail pass for both of you if one has already elected to pay the on board charges for the other

Which one of the above applies?

Taking the points that you made in sequence:-

(1) We have in the past been allowed to order luggage tags before what we thought was the issue of tickets, but possibly that may have been because the tickets had already arrived in the system but not been disclosed to us.

(2) Cabins were assigned on the initial purchase

(3) Bill was settled on the dot

(4) We booked through a G.B. TA

(5) I do realise that I can complete the Boarding Pass at the dockside. but why "spoil the habit of an Azamara lifetime". Maybe with your experience you can explain why only ONE boarding pass is available; not TWO or NONE. Is this logical??

(5) I do realise that I can complete the Boarding Pass at the dockside. but why "spoil the habit of an Azamara lifetime". Maybe with your experience you can explain why only ONE boarding pass is available; not TWO or NONE. Is this logical??

On my recent cruise (last week) we had just one boarding pass, I was lead name, I submitted the credit card details and said I would be paying for expenses on board for DH - I had to sign in 2 places. He signed nothing. He was asked for nothing at the pier. Therefore I concur Albert is right in saying if one person is paying the charges for the other there is no need to have 2 boarding passes. IIRC this was the case with our first ACC cruise in March too.

On my recent cruise (last week) we had just one boarding pass, I was lead name, I submitted the credit card details and said I would be paying for expenses on board for DH - I had to sign in 2 places. He signed nothing. He was asked for nothing at the pier. Therefore I concur Albert is right in saying if one person is paying the charges for the other there is no need to have 2 boarding passes. IIRC this was the case with our first ACC cruise in March too.

Hi Little Britain,

Same thing with us. When we took our last Azamara Cruise (and always with Celebrity - as I'm sure they use the same system), we entered information for both parties, used 1 credit card, and 1 boarding pass printed. I believe 2 boarding passes are printed, when 2 separate credit cards are used.

On all our Azamara trips we have only ever had one boarding pass and as others say that person has signed the boarding form for both. Never had a problem as soon as it was in the time window going back in and clicking for luggage tags which have always arrived.

A

Click where for luggage tags? We are less than 30 days from our cruise, have downloaded the one boarding pass and a mini copy of a luggage tag (which says it isn't a luggage tag) but can't find any way of ordering or downloading real luggage tags. I thought it was we Brits being second class citizens again, but UKtog sounds as though he is also from the east side of the pond.

Hi Balloon Man,

I am from this side of the pond too. I am on Quest in 13 days....and my luggage tag request button became available last week. I pressed it, entered my details and the luggage tags arrived four days later.

There will be a "luggage tag request" on the front page of your Reservation Details on the Azamara website soon....just keep looking. As I said it's usually about 20 days or so before your cruise. They are proper tags too...not the flimsy paper ones you can print online.

Hope this helps....and I am sure you will have a wonderful time on your Azamara cruise......I know I will. :)

Click where for luggage tags? We are less than 30 days from our cruise, have downloaded the one boarding pass and a mini copy of a luggage tag (which says it isn't a luggage tag) but can't find any way of ordering or downloading real luggage tags. I thought it was we Brits being second class citizens again, but UKtog sounds as though he is also from the east side of the pond.

Hi Balloon Man,

Cant say for certain, as our procedures appear to be different here in the US... but you should be able to order the luggage tags via your Travel Agent, or with Azamara if you booked directly.

Edit : I see Lottie A answered your question at the same time, so she's able to give you her excellent insight on how it works in the UK - which appears to be similar as to how it works in the US. It would be great if Azamara would expand the window, to make the luggage tags available within a few days after making final payment. Hopefully, Bill Leiber will see this, and pass along the suggestion.

Thank you Lottie and Andy. I suppose I'm just impatient. My wife and I are really looking forward to trying Azamara. Having been on Seabourn and Celebrity (plus a few others including Paul Gauguin) I'm hoping it will match the high expectations people on CC have given me for this line. Alan

For our first Azamara cruise our luggage tags did not arrive in time. I printed the 'flimsy' ones and put clear packing tape over them. I attached them to the bags before we boarded and they worked just fine.

So failing all else when you have one boarding pass and have printed out your luggage tags, boarding will be quick and smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Bag tags can be requested from the moment your e-docs are released and up until 10 days before you sail. Problem is that often the TA does not tell you that this is the case and they hold onto them until much nearer the sail date, reducing your chances of getting tags in time. I always check my booking online, because whenever the e-docs release, you can see they are available online so you know you can also request the bag tags.

Don't forget as well, just because we have paid a TA, doesn't mean the TA has handed that money over to ACC! :rolleyes:

Don't forget as well, just because we have paid a TA, doesn't mean the TA has handed that money over to ACC! :rolleyes:

In the US legally they have to do so. We refuse to work with any TA who does not charge our credit card direct to the cruise line. I know it is different in the UK.

Don't forget as well, just because we have paid a TA, doesn't mean the TA has handed that money over to ACC!

In the US legally they have to do so. We refuse to work with any TA who does not charge our credit card direct to the cruise line. I know it is different in the UK.

It is different in the UK. When I queried all this with our TA when we had paid several weeks earlier, they told me that the amount was debited from their account by ACC so that they didn't know when it would be. I felt very uncomfortable that the TA did still had our money so soon before departure date. I think that the 'luggage tag request' appeared a day or so after the e-docs.

This is how UK agents manage their own cashflow, effectively borrowing clients cash, though you are protected by their ABTA bond.

If you look you have to pay them 10-12 weeks before however, when you book direct with the cruise line it is only 8 weeks before

For my trip with AZ last month, my TA wasn't able to order the luggage tags until about 2 weeks before departure. The issue was that I'd booked Choice Air, and apparently that takes a little longer. It wasn't a problem, we finally did get them in plenty of time for our amazing B2B!

I know you will all be relieved to hear that we now have our e-cruise docs and a promise that the baggage tags are on their way to us by mail!

Good news! You will have a wonderful cruise. The Amazon is an amazing experience. I was so naive when I went. I couldn't imagine how wide it is and

Manaus was an unexpected jewel.

Archived