10:15 flight out of FLL

golffore2001

Walking off first is fine.....only if the ship gets in on time. Suppose the ship is delayed into port for some unforseen reason: weather or engine problems at sea. Suppose the ship pulls into port ontime, but there is a delay in the ship being cleared. You never know. If it were me, I'd give myself more leeway for the unforseen.

On the Navigator 2/4 to 2/12. See any issues catching a 10:15 flight from FLL if we do walk off or first off?

I am sailing on the Navigator of the Seas on 3/16/12 to 3/25/12 and I see that the cruise you are on is scheduled to arrive at FLL at 5:30 AM (just like the cruise I am on). I booked a 9:55 AM flight on Southwest. I'm waiting to hear from passageners on the November & December NOS to see what time they are able to get off the ship. If passengers are able to get off at 7:00, I think a 9:55 and a 10:15 flight will be fine.

I am sailing on the Navigator of the Seas on 3/16/12 to 3/25/12 and I see that the cruise you are on is scheduled to arrive at FLL at 5:30 AM (just like the cruise I am on). I booked a 9:55 AM flight on Southwest. I'm waiting to hear from passageners on the November & December NOS to see what time they are able to get off the ship. If passengers are able to get off at 7:00, I think a 9:55 and a 10:15 flight will be fine.

Your approach is logical to see what others have experienced. That is always a solid approach.

With that said, I've not heard of passengers being able to get off so early on ships arriving to Florida. Please keep in mind that the ship must be cleared including all of the passengers and all of the luggage removed. Always keep in mind that you could be stopped by a customs agent to go through your luggage.

At least with Southwest if you miss the flight and there was another flight available you would not pay a penalty to change to another flight but you would pay a differential in price if the new fare was higher.

I just think you run a big risk with such an earlier flight. The issue is that from time to time things go wrong such as the ship arriving late or some other delay. It might not happen often but if it happens to you that's when an early flight is a problem.

Keith

People have to stop looking at what time the flight takes off & start looking at what time you have to be at the AP.

For a 10:15 flight you should be there at 8:15. Do you still think you can dock, disembark & get to the AP by then? What if the ship is late? What if another passanger in front of you has a customs issue? What if there is traffic? Don't do it.

To the person who booked a 9:55 flight -- IMNSHO, you're crazy. Good luck with that. Post to update us while you are twiddling your thumbs in the AP waiting for the next available flight after you missed yours. :rolleyes:

. At least with Southwest if you miss the flight and there was another flight available you would not pay a penalty to change to another flight but you would pay a differential in price if the new fare was higher.

Keith

Just one more thing to consider: While you don't pay a penalty to change the flight, in that situation, the differential in price can be HUGE. Just for comparison sake, go to the airline site and find out what that same flight would cost, were you booking for today. Then subtract the price you paid, from today's price. THAT is the differential amount you would have to pay. It will likely be several hundred dollars.

(FWIW, IMHO 9:55 am is way, way too early.)

Well, I think we are doing that. :) Most of the people here advise against the early flights for that reason.

Not the people who reply. The people who ask if these early flights are OK, especially after they book them on a non-refundable basis. :rolleyes:

Walking off first is fine.....only if the ship gets in on time. Suppose the ship is delayed into port for some unforseen reason: weather or engine problems at sea. Suppose the ship pulls into port ontime, but there is a delay in the ship being cleared. You never know. If it were me, I'd give myself more leeway for the unforseen.

I think this is a really good answer to your question. We've only cruised twice and or 3rd is upcoming. We, I think, dodged the proverbial bullet the first time by flying in the day of the cruise and flying out the same day after the cruise. To many things can happen and create stress during your cruise while you're supposed to be enjoying yourselves.

For what your expenses are for the cruise itself an extra couple hundred bucks for piece of mind for a hotel, pre/post cruise is well worth it.

Just my opinion.

The ship comes in at 5:30am, not at 7am like most ships. If they do the walk-off, there is a good chance they will make the 10:15am flight.

Make sure you are off the ship and outside by 8am and catch a taxi from ship to airport. Do not use the shuttle busses, they take to long.

The ship comes in at 5:30am, not at 7am like most ships. If they do the walk-off, there is a good chance they will make the 10:15am flight.

Make sure you are off the ship and outside by 8am and catch a taxi from ship to airport. Do not use the shuttle busses, they take to long.

Most ships get there between 4 and 7. But it is when the ship is cleared, and they start allowing people off. That seems to rarely be before 7, and can be later.

Archived