Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival? (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

We just got off the Glory. I am shocked to say that James was one of the highlights of our cruise, certainly the entertainment highlight.

Great voice ? No but a great pianist and incredibly funny with a wonderful mean/hilarious sense of humour.

Ya gotta hear his circumcision song ,A little off the Top. Or maybe the Beer Song or the Warm Kitty song from the Big Bang Theory.

All killers. Ask him to play Piano Man if you dare.

So so funny. His act got more and more adult oriented and funnier and more risqué as the night went on.

Don't want to get him in trouble but he really gives his liver a workout.

I agree that James was the best entertainment we found on the ship....only problem was it was the last night when we found him!! He was hysterical and has the exact sense of humor we love! My friend and I had the best time there and were sorry it had to end (at 1 am!!). Our other friends had gone to room to pack and hit the bed early...their loss!;) I am not sure if I will sail Carnival again, but James certainly has made me think twice about it! Awesome guy! ("The bathroom's to the right").:D

I just cruised on The Victory and had a blast in the piano bar with Joe. It seemed like he had quite the fanbase which only grew as the week went on. It was pretty much standing room only from night 2 on. I noticed there were guests in the bar from previous sailings who seemed to know him quite well. He sang many well known songs, but has also written some really funny sing along songs of his own as well. Fun times :)

C-

Edited by caro1998

• 3 weeks later...

Who is currently in the piano bar on the Triumph? We are sailing on 8-31-13.

We have usually had good luck on Carnival in the piano bars.

Last year we had Frank Glenn, one of the very best I have ever heard.

He was hilarious, talented, and had a great repertoire. He even took time to find our favorite song after the first night, and played it for us every night afterwards.

I agree that James was the best entertainment we found on the ship....only problem was it was the last night when we found him!! He was hysterical and has the exact sense of humor we love! My friend and I had the best time there and were sorry it had to end (at 1 am!!). Our other friends had gone to room to pack and hit the bed early...their loss!;) I am not sure if I will sail Carnival again, but James certainly has made me think twice about it! Awesome guy! ("The bathroom's to the right").:D

Just got off the Glory and I have to say that James was a highlight! I didn't stay late because I had my 10yo daughter with me and we got out by 10:30. He even let her and another young girl help with the piano when he played "When I'm 64!" They had a great time! It was funny how he would obviously change some lyrics to keep it PG. the adults knew what he meant but it went right over the kids' heads. We really wanted to go back our last night, but rough seas sent us to bed early.

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just went on the victory 4day trip, Joe Hollywood is awesome made my first cruise experience unforgettable just amazing!! Saw him the first night went every night from when he started till close!! You won't regret it Joe Hollywood is awesome!

Just went on the victory 4day trip, Joe Hollywood is awesome made my first cruise experience unforgettable just amazing!! Saw him the first night went every night from when he started till close!! You won't regret it Joe Hollywood is awesome!

I agree just got back from the Victory Cruise 8/29 - 9/2 and Joe Hollywood was really good. Also my first cruise experience and I could not get out of the piano bar. haha There was times we will go to the club or Karaoke and then I will sneak out and head back to the piano bar. Good Times..

Just off Fantasy last week. The piano entertainer went by the name of Imani, so unless that's a stage name, it was NOT Keith Turner.

He was obviously a very talented musician but I much prefer the piano during afternoon tea to the whole piano bar thing. I don't care much for sing-alongs and usually dislike the "popular" songs that people demand over and over and over and over.

Anyway, not sure whether he was just filling in briefly or what.

WE LOVED BEN!!!!!! HE is awesome, and I highly recommend sitting in his show.

"we need the baaaaartender"

My sister and I love Ben too! We had him his 3rd week ever as a piano bar player when he was on the Liberty, and he has really gotten better as he has gained experience. He actually remembered us from that cruise too. Funny. He had a packed bar every night, he plays just about anything you request. He has some really fun toats and props.

Marty was very fun, got the crowd going. If you were not there early you would have to stand. Most came and stayed for most his night shift, so seating is at a premium.

He sure does like to do a few shots, a lot of songs are changed with adult content. Have a great time!

I agree, just got off the Freedom and stopped in to see Marty and he was great. A lot of fun.

I just booked on the splendor out of nyc on Jan 28th ...From what I have read the female at the piano bar now is not so great, I hope that there is a change b4 then .... and roger from the pride still the best...

My fingers are crossed he will be back from his vacation by the time I board! If he is anywhere close to as much fun as James, I'll be a happy girl!

My fingers are crossed he will be back from his vacation by the time I board! If he is anywhere close to as much fun as James, I'll be a happy girl!

I think you got James last cruise. It says on his web site that he was on the Glory till August 11th.

Hope to see him again although it was hard on the liver.:o

Glad that piano bar is now non-smoking so that I can enjoy it. (Not an anti-smoking rant. I just couldn't enter it before)

I think you got James last cruise. It says on his web site that he was on the Glory till August 11th.

Hope to see him again although it was hard on the liver.:o

Glad that piano bar is now non-smoking so that I can enjoy it. (Not an anti-smoking rant. I just couldn't enter it before)

I was and he was quite stoked to be going home! Is he done, or just on vacation?

Edited by kangaand2roos

I was and he was quite stoked to be going home! Is he done, or just on vacation?
No idea. Hard to believe I would care about who the piano bar entertainer was .

He lives in Toronto and I am going to see if he is performing next time I'm there.

I've spoken to various performers on ships. It's a hard gig. It has great benefits but also big downsides.

Some can't wait to end their contract and then they go and sign up again. I'm betting James is in this category.

Any reports from the Breeze - since Ben took over from Ron??

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just off a B2B on The Breeze and Ben Gentry was great!! We closed the placed down with others every night (one night not until 2:40AM!!!). He does a great job of getting people involved and part of the acts. If you just wanna sit and listen --- well, you'll still get calls out - especially if you need a Baaarrrrrrr Tender.

Just off a B2B on The Breeze and Ben Gentry was great!! We closed the placed down with others every night (one night not until 2:40AM!!!). He does a great job of getting people involved and part of the acts. If you just wanna sit and listen --- well, you'll still get calls out - especially if you need a Baaarrrrrrr Tender.

Thank you for sharing your mini-review of Ben - I will be sailing the Breeze in 9 days, looking forward to enjoying the piano bar scene :)

• 4 weeks later...