George Lopez on Carnival

zonacruiser25

John just posted that there are 7 different announcements they are making today... Wonder what 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 are.... lol

What was 1 and 2??? The Big Screen he posted he said was NOT part of the announcements...I cant get onto his blog im sure the servers will crash...LOL

Guy Fieri? The Human Cheese Fry? Whatever. This guy's so far from high end dining, he's one step above my local dive bar. (And I love my local dive bar. They make a mean Shepard's Pie.) Anyone looking to change cruiselines over this seriously has no idea who Fieri is, what type of food he does, and what they're talking about. This guy's more in line with what's currently going on right now with CCL than a massive culinary overhaul. My God. You'd think they'd contracted McDonald's to run the buffet ...

What was 1 and 2??? The Big Screen he posted he said was NOT part of the announcements...I cant get onto his blog im sure the servers will crash...LOL

Only because of what everyone has posted here... I'm assuming Guy whats his name and George Lopez are 1 & 2... and YES, I have been wrong in the past so who knows !!!! lol

Ensembles of pedigreed beef, artisan breads, imaginative garnishes and distinctive condiments

Thanks for the explanation - I must be the only one who doesn't know who Guy Fieri is or why burgers need to be gourmet. If you slap a jalapeno on it, it is still a burger. (& mine will still look a lot more like a salad bar than anything else.)

Silverman: Not good news in my eyes. Dont really like George. Whats funny for one person doesnt make it funny for another. I have never thought he is funny. But to each there own. But you can put money on it it will bring a whole new demographic to Carnival. The gourmet burger thing is pretty lame to. I guess its time to start looking at a different ship. I hope this doesnt go fleetwide or I will be looking at another line!!

You assume you're going find a mass market line that isn't doing the same thing.

(And for the record, I detest George Lopez and would like to remind everyone that the last menu Guy Fieri "currated" was for TGIFriday's. Not exactly gourmet anything.)

Thanks for the explanation - I must be the only one who doesn't know who Guy Fieri is or why burgers need to be gourmet. If you slap a jalapeno on it, it is still a burger. (& mine will still look a lot more like a salad bar than anything else.)

A lot of places will try to tell you their burgers are "gourmet" because they're Black Angus. Total fallacy. Black Angus is just like any other beef that isn't grass feed or Wagu. Throw some expensive cheeses on it, maybe some white truffle oil, a creative aoli, a grilled ciabetta roll ... now that might make it gourmet.

George Lopez is not going to necessarily be on board. He is just going to be like the comedy entertainment director. Selecting the comedians. They called him the "curator".

As long as he doesn't mess with my favorite comedian, Lance Montalto, (on the 3 nighters, LA-Ensenada run) I'll be a happy cruiser.

A lot of places will try to tell you their burgers are "gourmet" because they're Black Angus. Total fallacy. Black Angus is just like any other beef that isn't grass feed or Wagu. Throw some expensive cheeses on it, maybe some white truffle oil, a creative aoli, a grilled ciabetta roll ... now that might make it gourmet.

That Hubert Keller makes some pretty slamming burgers . I am sure the prices woulkd slam you too :)

In and out burger isnt gourmet?? .. i thought the new trend was toward real hamburgers, not something frozen. :rolleyes:

That Hubert Keller makes some pretty slamming burgers . I am sure the prices woulkd slam you too :)

I adore Keller. But he has a real knack for putting together great flavor profiles. I don't mind paying for that. Granted, I like it better when the boss pays, but what can ya do?

In and out burger isnt gourmet?? .. i thought the new trend was toward real hamburgers, not something frozen. :rolleyes:

That's not even a trend. That's been a culinary mantra for the past decade that the chains are just now catching onto. And no, In and Out Burger, while fantastic, is not gourmet; not when compared to the burgers you can get at the Waverly Inn or Mesa Grill.

I adore Keller. But he has a real knack for putting together great flavor profiles. I don't mind paying for that. Granted, I like it better when the boss pays, but what can ya do?

Have yet to be at any of his restaurants. But he did have his own show (may still just haven't seen it on in a while) and everything he made looked unbelieveable.

Now those burgers I would go for. :)

Head on over to Fleur de Lys and have Hubert cook you up a burger...just $5000 ;) comes with a second burger for a guest and a 1990 Chateau Petrus.

Have yet to be at any of his restaurants. But he did have his own show (may still just haven't seen it on in a while) and everything he made looked unbelieveable.

Now those burgers I would go for. :)

Keller does a DJ gig spinning records here for San Francisco Restaurant Week....thats a sight! :D

Ever wanted to try a delicious Guy Fieri burger… FREE? Announcing Guy's Burger Joint, coming soon to a Carnival ship near you! #FunShip2dot0

Here's the burger and sandwich menu for the restaurant Fieri (pronounced Fiehti for reasons unknown to man) partially owns called Johnny Garlic's:

Burgers & Sandwiches

Half Pound Ground Wagyu Steak Grilled Medium Buns: Brioche, Wheat, Ciabatta Served with Garlic Potato Chips, Seasoned or Garlic Fries

Mushroom Swiss $13.95

Garlic Mushrooms, Swiss, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion

Guy’s Big Bite Burger $13.95

Applewood Bacon, Cheddar, “Maui Onion Straws”, Cole Slaw, Pretzel Roll + BBQ Sauce

Black n’ Blue $13.95

Blackening Spice, Stella Blue Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion

California Classic $12.95

Pepper Jack, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato + Dijon Mayo

1/2 Pound American Kobe Dip $13.95

House Roasted American Kobe Beef, Pepperjack Cheese, Creamed Horseradish, Sourdough Roll + Au Jus

*Ask for it Tossed in Bourbon BBQ Sauce

Buffalo Meatloaf Sandwich $12.50

Swiss, “Maui Onion Straws” + BBQ Sauce

Seared Yellow Fin Ahi Ciabatta $12.50

Mixed Greens, “Maui Onion Straws” + Lemon Caper Aioli

Morgan’s Veggie Burger $11.95

House Veggie Pattie, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion + Lime Aioli

*IF* he can pull something like this off on CCL, I'll be interested to see it. I kinda worry about the effect of half-pound high-fat-content burgers on the ship's plumbing though.

Here's the burger and sandwich menu for the restaurant Fieri (pronounced Fiehti for reasons unknown to man) partially owns called Johnny Garlic's:

Johnny Garlic's is here in my town...along with his Tex Wasabi Sushi and BBQ.

I hope the food on the ship is better than either of his brick n mortar places.....they are both mediocre.

Archived