George Lopez on Carnival

zonacruiser25

I thought he was joking, didnt realize he was being serious.

You mean its true?

Yes it is true lol if you want to see the video George Lopez - Carnival click on my Nick and go to home page the video is there sorry about the sound quality

I thought he was joking, didnt realize he was being serious.

You mean its true?

I think CCL got caught by surprise when Fox announced the news. John reply to me posting the video on his FB wall lol :D

John Heald:stay tuned here everyone and i will bring your the news as it happens. Cheers Marius.

Yes it is true lol if you want to see the video George Lopez - Carnival click on my Nick and go to home page the video is there sorry about the sound quality

I actually was listening to the tv when George said that about Carnival, and I had just woke up so was feeling fuzzy, what's this?? so it is true, he wasnt joking around.

He also made comments about the election and the folks running, so it wasnt like he was just talking about Carnival. It sounded more like a joke gag.

Well, I would go see him on a ship too.

I actually was listening to the tv when George said that about Carnival, and I had just woke up so was feeling fuzzy, what's this?? so it is true, he wasnt joking around.

He also made comments about the election and the folks running, so it wasnt like he was just talking about Carnival. It sounded more like a joke gag.

Well, I would go see him on a ship too.

Yes I would also go and see him and definitely would try Guy Fieri's burgers

I think CCL got caught by surprise when Fox announced the news. John reply to me posting the video on his FB wall lol :D

John Heald:stay tuned here everyone and i will bring your the news as it happens. Cheers Marius.

I find it comical that the news came out before John could tell us... Wonder if it was "spilled" accidentally or accidentally on purpose !!!

I find it comical that the news came out before John could tell us... Wonder if it was "spilled" accidentally or accidentally on purpose !!!

Lol not sure, but you are right It is interesting that George Lopez made the announcement on the same day just hours before CCL. I am thinking George Lopez will be at the press release he is already in NY.

Not good news in my eyes. Dont really like George. Whats funny for one person doesnt make it funny for another. I have never thought he is funny. But to each there own. But you can put money on it it will bring a whole new demographic to Carnival. The gourmet burger thing is pretty lame to. I guess its time to start looking at a different ship. I hope this doesnt go fleetwide or I will be looking at another line!!

Not good news in my eyes. Dont really like George. Whats funny for one person doesnt make it funny for another. I have never thought he is funny. But to each there own. But you can put money on it it will bring a whole new demographic to Carnival. The gourmet burger thing is pretty lame to. I guess its time to start looking at a different ship. I hope this doesnt go fleetwide or I will be looking at another line!!

Really... having an added place people could go for a burger, if they so choose, that you would never have to go to if you didn't want too, would make you change your cruising decisions???

Good news. though.. George Lopez can't be on all ships at one time!! lol

I don't understand the comment "bring a whole new demographic to Carnival" are we talking Hispanics because George is Mexican? Is that a problem?

No one will force you to eat a burger if you don't like to, there are so many choices of food and if you don't like George just skip that show. I don't see why this would affect you from cruising carnival.

Ditto!

The gourmet hamburger craze has arguably covered more ground than any other food trend of recent years. Ensembles of pedigreed beef, artisan breads, imaginative garnishes and distinctive condiments are showing up everywhere from fast-casual eateries to casual dining spots to white tablecloth establishments.

also stingrayfan found this (thank you StingRay): Just got back from the Splendor 8/28 - 9/4 sailing. On our first sea day we walked past the grill and saw some yummy looking burgers already made with EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine on them. There were some guys behind the grill dressed in tight black t-shirts and most were blond. One was especially blond with spikey hair. I knew they couldn't possibly be the normal grill crew, but didn't think much of it at the time. The burgers were the best I have had possibly anywhere. Guy Fieri Burgers

Really? What demographic do you mean??

George Lopez is not going to necessarily be on board. He is just going to be like the comedy entertainment director. Selecting the comedians. They called him the "curator".

Just as with the Steakhouse on board, you have the option to pass on the gourmet burger.

It is my impression that these things are going fleetwide, but I could be wrong. 1PM.

Maybe having a well known comedian will bring in people who ordinarily dont book Carnival. New pax?

I skip most of the comedians, but would go see George myself.

I still don't understand, why would that be a reason to look for a new cruise line? Because the new pax? What kind of new pax is he worried about?

Its just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone. But I guess that really doesnt matter on these boards anyway. To me its like this. Having him on a ship is like people talking about to many drunks, jeans at dinner, unsupervised kids, who is the CD, what piano player is on board and so on and so on. Just another fail in my book. But its just my opinion.

I still don't understand, why would that be a reason to look for a new cruise line? Because the new pax? What kind of new pax is he worried about?

I missed who said they are looking for a new cruiseline?

I was just saying if you really enjoyed his humor, it might bring some new pax to cruising. People who have never cruised .. or someone on another cruiseline.

Even if there were two ships I was deciding between and one had George on it, I might pick the one with George to hear him?? Others also might like to see him, .. if no other reason, he is famous.

I admit to being surprised they hired George to head the comedians. Up until now I have walked out of two comedians routines, just because to me they were not funny. One guy told the CD he was never coming back to Carnival it was so bad, the one time that was kinda offensive to me, and Im pretty open minded, believe it not. Just wasnt funny. So, Ill be interested in what he brings to the table.

Its just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone. But I guess that really doesnt matter on these boards anyway. To me its like this. Having him on a ship is like people talking about to many drunks, jeans at dinner, unsupervised kids, who is the CD, what piano player is on board and so on and so on. Just another fail in my book. But its just my opinion.

Gee and here I thought you would back pedal your way out by saying "Some of my best friends are Mexican"

I missed who said they are looking for a new cruiseline?

I was just saying if you really enjoyed his humor, it might bring some new pax to cruising. People who have never cruised .. or someone on another cruiseline.

Even if there were two ships I was deciding between and one had George on it, I might pick the one with George to hear him?? Others also might like to see him, .. if no other reason, he is famous.

I admit to being surprised they hired George to head the comedians. Up until now I have walked out of two comedians routines, just because to me they were not funny. One guy told the CD he was never coming back to Carnival it was so bad, the one time that was kinda offensive to me, and Im pretty open minded, believe it not. Just wasnt funny. So, Ill be interested in what he brings to the table.

Silverman: Not good news in my eyes. Dont really like George. Whats funny for one person doesnt make it funny for another. I have never thought he is funny. But to each there own. But you can put money on it it will bring a whole new demographic to Carnival. The gourmet burger thing is pretty lame to. I guess its time to start looking at a different ship. I hope this doesnt go fleetwide or I will be looking at another line!!

Maybe having a well known comedian will bring in people who ordinarily dont book Carnival. New pax?

I skip most of the comedians, but would go see George myself.

perhaps....but the whole post was negative.'

And I would definitely go see George. We went to LA to see him live for his first show right after his kidney transplant and shows live ever since.

Archived