George Lopez on Carnival

zonacruiser25

For the sake of argument, what would you compare it to?

And what would you say is it's largest failing?

Chilis...and ironically the Garlic Fries werent good at all!

The Sushi/BBQ place, Tex Wasabi is a step above in terms of creativity and they have a good happy hour :)

Does it at least come with fries *LOL*

Ha ha...thats a great question! It had better!!

Oh, I forgot to mention that you also get to keep the wine glasses...

"Created by French chef Hubert Keller,FleurBurger 5000

the FleurBurger 5000 is a luxury burger served at Fleur de Lys at Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay. The FluerBurger 5000 is made from Kobe beef and topped with black truffles, foie gras, and served on a brioche truffle bun with a special truffle sauce. The burger is served with a bottle of 1990 Chateau Petrus in imported Ichendorf Brunello stemware, which they let you keep."

Johnny Garlic's is here in my town...along with his Tex Wasabi Sushi and BBQ.

I hope the food on the ship is better than either of his brick n mortar places.....they are both mediocre.

I haven't seen a lot of his cooking shows . What I have seen him make looked OK.

But I would love to try some of the dishes he features on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.

Ok most of that stuff is a heart attack on a plate and one serving could feed 6 people , but it sure looks good .

And most of these places he goes to have been at the same location for 50-60 years and are alwasy mobbed by the locals. So they must be doing something right.

I think CCL got caught by surprise when Fox announced the news. John reply to me posting the video on his FB wall lol :D

John Heald:stay tuned here everyone and i will bring your the news as it happens. Cheers Marius.

Doubt they were too surprised or unhappy. You get to announce something like that to a national audience, without having to pay for a spot, you take it. A lot more people watch Fox news then read john Heald.

As for me, I'm fine with it. i've gone to 4 comedy shows on my cruises, enjoyed three and left on the 4th (it was AO but pretty foul and not real funny; plus we were all the way in the back, and really couldn't see much). I'm glad Carinval is focusing on this, because live comedy is great IMO. Bringing in a big name comedian may help them get a broader range of comedians.

As far as Guy....Never ate any of his cooked food, but have tried a few recipes of his I really liked. at any rate, he will be the name behind the burger, which a lot of people will get because of his name.

Not good news in my eyes. Dont really like George. Whats funny for one person doesnt make it funny for another. I have never thought he is funny. But to each there own. But you can put money on it it will bring a whole new demographic to Carnival. The gourmet burger thing is pretty lame to. I guess its time to start looking at a different ship. I hope this doesnt go fleetwide or I will be looking at another line!!

Heald says fleetwide, so I guess I will be going elsewhere, also.

Heald says fleetwide, so I guess I will be going elsewhere, also.

That makes no sense...if you don't want to see George Lopez than don't sail on the ship he is on at the time...if you don't want to get a Guy Fieri burger, don't get one and if you don't like the idea of the Cantina, don't go there...

They are just adding some more options for people, that doens't mean you HAVE to choose them. There is nothing wrong with variety!

I haven't seen a lot of his cooking shows . What I have seen him make looked OK.

But I would love to try some of the dishes he features on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.

Ok most of that stuff is a heart attack on a plate and one serving could feed 6 people , but it sure looks good .

And most of these places he goes to have been at the same location for 50-60 years and are alwasy mobbed by the locals. So they must be doing something right.

Same here! The places he hits up on DDD look fantastic and I recently tried Gorilla BBQ here on the coast, one of this DDD stops...amazing!

Maybe he should close his places here in town and add more focus to his road show and now, Carnival ;)

Ever wanted to try a delicious Guy Fieri burger… FREE? Announcing Guy's Burger Joint, coming soon to a Carnival ship near you! #FunShip2dot0

Love delicious Mexican cuisine? Love blue iguanas? Love FREE? Then you'll love BlueIguana Cantina, our new dining destination! #FunShip2dot0

LOL .............Those free burgers, tacos and burittos are sure to be seen in the fares, with these changes coming fleetwide to the tune of 500 million dollars. Also, no more music from my era....goodbye funky music...hello gansta rap...DJ Irie...I know he is popular in Miami, but Carnival will be seeing more of the younger crowd and older cruisers will be going to other lines that are less "active". While these changes will entice more younger cruisers, Carnival will see an exit of those more seasoned platinum cruisers.

I see $$$ in Carnival's eyes....they will charge extra for Guy's burger joint... and the comedy clubs will probably charge an admission too. I see greed sneaking in...so I will now consider RCCL.

I just read on the announcement thread they will be free.

PS its probably cheaper to bring in one comedian than it was to do a whole big production number like the Magic shows they had and stopped when they started the comedy clubs.

Why? What "demographic" has you fleeing the fleet?:confused:

Did I say anything about demographic?....No, but I will address why I will be looking elsewhere to cruise.....DJ Irie is not someone who I would chose to plan the music I dance to. Don't like Lopez....never have, never will. There is a reason his TBS show was cancelled. Goumet burgers? I don't eat burgers on a ship. Theses changes are for those of a younger generation than the one I am a member of. People complain about children and college kids being too rowdy on the ships, just wait. I cruise to get away and relax, not fight crowds, have a lot of noise and partying going on. I know Carnival is the fun ships, but this is not my kind of fun...I prefer to sit in the library with a good book, or playing a quiet game of bridge. Not everyone likes to to cruise for the ship activities. We cruise because it is the only way we can get any rest. My husband is on call 24/7. We tried the week at the beach, got 5 calls before having to return home.....Had third row center seats at a concert, security found him and he had to take a call and we had to leave. We cruise because we can't leave a ship if he gets a call. Just don't want to pay more for my fares so others can have a free burger or taco.

That makes no sense...if you don't want to see George Lopez than don't sail on the ship he is on at the time...if you don't want to get a Guy Fieri burger, don't get one and if you don't like the idea of the Cantina, don't go there...

They are just adding some more options for people, that doens't mean you HAVE to choose them. There is nothing wrong with variety!

Don't want to pay a higher fare for others to get a free burger or taco.

Just don't want to pay more for my fares so others can have a free burger or taco.

In Carnival's defense, I read all the time people say they dont cruise RCL because they dont rock climb or zip line or surf etc.

I do agree, these changes do seem aimed at a younger crowd. I know when they first put the big screen on Conquest, it drove me crazy it was so loud. Finally they turned it down.

I dont remember ever having either a hot dog or a hamburger on a cruise. My choice of course.. but if I can have some else .. like a salad bar Im good. I like bridge too, but never find people on Carnival playing. Im supposed to be playing duplicate now, but my partner couldnt play.

These changes dont all look great to me either, but if I can drive to a port, heck .. I can find a way to go and enjoy myself and not many year round choices from Texas. .. but more choices are coming.

Did I say anything about demographic?....No, but I will address why I will be looking elsewhere to cruise.....DJ Irie is not someone who I would chose to plan the music I dance to. Don't like Lopez....never have, never will. There is a reason his TBS show was cancelled. Goumet burgers? I don't eat burgers on a ship. Theses changes are for those of a younger generation than the one I am a member of. People complain about children and college kids being too rowdy on the ships, just wait. I cruise to get away and relax, not fight crowds, have a lot of noise and partying going on. I know Carnival is the fun ships, but this is not my kind of fun...I prefer to sit in the library with a good book, or playing a quiet game of bridge. Not everyone likes to to cruise for the ship activities. We cruise because it is the only way we can get any rest. My husband is on call 24/7. We tried the week at the beach, got 5 calls before having to return home.....Had third row center seats at a concert, security found him and he had to take a call and we had to leave. We cruise because we can't leave a ship if he gets a call. Just don't want to pay more for my fares so others can have a free burger or taco.

The beauty of cruising...YOU can choose what you like to do ;) BTW, I believe the library will still be there.

These changes dont all look great to me either, but if I can drive to a port, heck .. I can find a way to go and enjoy myself and not many year round choices from Texas. .. but more choices are coming.

Hey, I'm in my 30s and these changes don't look all that great to me either. I have no use for George Lopez. I don't find him particularly funny. I'm not into the club scene, so DJ Irie means less than nothing to me (as in I'd have to look this person up to have a working knowledge of them). The food thing, well it's nice to have some different options. As to the EA Sports Bar, I personally think this is just stupid. I'm not going to sit in a bar and watch people play video games. And I'm not into the type of video games they would play in there anyway. That said, I'm not exactly fleeing CCL either. I like to lie on deck and read, gamble, and go to different places. CCL still accomodates these things.

This thread is funny. I don't like Lopez so I am switching lines (even though I don't have to go to the Comedy Club to see him perform). I don't like Lopez so I don't want to see any of the comedians that Lopez gets to perform and am going to switch lines (even though I don't have to go to the Comedy Club to see them). I don't like these gourmet burgers this Guy person has so I am switching lines (even though I don't have to eat one).

Faux rage from the haters. Hopefully they don't sail Carnival.

Archived