George Lopez on Carnival

zonacruiser25

Did I say anything about demographic?....No, but I will address why I will be looking elsewhere to cruise.....DJ Irie is not someone who I would chose to plan the music I dance to. Don't like Lopez....never have, never will. There is a reason his TBS show was cancelled. Goumet burgers? I don't eat burgers on a ship. Theses changes are for those of a younger generation than the one I am a member of. People complain about children and college kids being too rowdy on the ships, just wait. I cruise to get away and relax, not fight crowds, have a lot of noise and partying going on. I know Carnival is the fun ships, but this is not my kind of fun...I prefer to sit in the library with a good book, or playing a quiet game of bridge. Not everyone likes to to cruise for the ship activities. We cruise because it is the only way we can get any rest. My husband is on call 24/7. We tried the week at the beach, got 5 calls before having to return home.....Had third row center seats at a concert, security found him and he had to take a call and we had to leave. We cruise because we can't leave a ship if he gets a call. Just don't want to pay more for my fares so others can have a free burger or taco.

You didn't say anythiong about a demographic , but another poster did .

How does a new burger joint on a ship , or a certain comedian playing in a showroom take away from you reading a book in a library, or relaxing on deck or in your cabin? I am sure the comics will not be performing bthere nor will they be selling the burgers there .

And what is with fighting crowds ? The ship holds X amount of passengers wheter George Lopez , Lady Gaga , or The Mormen Tabernacle Choir is playing in the showroom.

Don't want to pay a higher fare for others to get a free burger or taco.

That's fair, but I think if you look at the big picture, we all pay for something we don't care for.

I don't attend the art auctions but I bet the free champagne is paid for by everyone.

I also don't eat any seafood, but I bet I am paying for everyone's lobster and shrimp cocktail.

I may not use a lot of the things that they are bringing but I enjoy the overall product so I will still cruise them and continue to pay for things I don't use either. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have more variety for those that might use it...

Did I say anything about demographic?....No, but I will address why I will be looking elsewhere to cruise.....DJ Irie is not someone who I would chose to plan the music I dance to. Don't like Lopez....never have, never will. There is a reason his TBS show was cancelled. Goumet burgers? I don't eat burgers on a ship. Theses changes are for those of a younger generation than the one I am a member of. People complain about children and college kids being too rowdy on the ships, just wait. I cruise to get away and relax, not fight crowds, have a lot of noise and partying going on. I know Carnival is the fun ships, but this is not my kind of fun...I prefer to sit in the library with a good book, or playing a quiet game of bridge. Not everyone likes to to cruise for the ship activities. We cruise because it is the only way we can get any rest. My husband is on call 24/7. We tried the week at the beach, got 5 calls before having to return home.....Had third row center seats at a concert, security found him and he had to take a call and we had to leave. We cruise because we can't leave a ship if he gets a call. Just don't want to pay more for my fares so others can have a free burger or taco.

Library (reading with a sample of wine?) , cabin, balcony... NEW Serenity Deck... quiet closed (yet open) areas of the ship during the day... there are ALL KINDS of them. On the Liberty most of the day places like the Stage and other rooms on deck 5 aft are quiet... There is a perfect bridge room in the middle of deck 4 between the old (VERY QUIET) cigar bar and the mid ship dining room...

This upgrade is just giving others more options while not taking away from your quiet relaxing experience....

I dont see the complaint here unless prices skyrocket which remains to be seen.

Did I say anything about demographic?....No, but I will address why I will be looking elsewhere to cruise.....DJ Irie is not someone who I would chose to plan the music I dance to. He playts the same kind of music that is in the night clubs, he is not doing all of the music on the ship... Don't like Lopez....never have, never will. There is a reason his TBS show was cancelled. He is only going to be on certain sailings. Goumet burgers? I don't eat burgers on a ship. Maybe so, but millions of cruiser do and this gives them more options...it is not going to take any of your options away. Theses changes are for those of a younger generation than the one I am a member of. I don't think that is necessarily true...my dad is in his late 60s and is very excited about some new choices on the ships...I guess it depends more on what you are looking for. People complain about children and college kids being too rowdy on the ships, just wait. I cruise to get away and relax, not fight crowds, have a lot of noise and partying going on. I know Carnival is the fun ships, but this is not my kind of fun...I prefer to sit in the library with a good book, or playing a quiet game of bridge. Not everyone likes to to cruise for the ship activities. We cruise because it is the only way we can get any rest. My husband is on call 24/7. We tried the week at the beach, got 5 calls before having to return home How about not having a phone on him and not telling anyone where you are going that they can get a hold of you...Surely they can't make you fly home from Turks and Caicos if they don't have a phone number to get a hold of you...Had third row center seats at a concert, security found him and he had to take a call and we had to leave. We cruise because we can't leave a ship if he gets a call. Just don't want to pay more for my fares so others can have a free burger or taco.

I think these changes are going to be much less noticable than you think...someone loyal to Royal or Disney or Celebrity isn't going to jump ship to Carnival to bet a free gourmet burger...

In my opinion, Carnival is on the right path. No one has to go to the comedy club and no one has to eat a hamburger. Many people will book a cruise depending on who will play at the piano bar. Some will pick a ship because of the CD. My husband likes Persy Crews and Frank Del Piazzo. He hopes to see their acts again. My favorite entertainer is Marcus Anthony. I am not one who remembers the names of entertainers. I can remember Marcus because....I am a high school history teacher. Actually, I would remember him no matter what his name.

My husband also likes George Lopes. He watched Fox this morning. He doesn't believe he will be one the ships.

Carnival has something for everybody. If you don't like what you see, go to another part of the ship.

We have sailed with several companies. Carnival is my favorite. In November, we will sail with Celebrity on a fourteen night Holyland cruise. This will be our fourth European sailing in four years. We have booked with a different company each time. My favorite was in 2008 on Carnival's Freedom. All have been very good; however, the Freedom was the best.:)

LOL .............Those free burgers, tacos and burittos are sure to be seen in the fares, with these changes coming fleetwide to the tune of 500 million dollars. Also, no more music from my era....goodbye funky music...hello gansta rap...DJ Irie...I know he is popular in Miami, but Carnival will be seeing more of the younger crowd and older cruisers will be going to other lines that are less "active". While these changes will entice more younger cruisers, Carnival will see an exit of those more seasoned platinum cruisers.

Out with the OLD and in with the NEW!:p

Everytime Windows made an upgrade there was always people complaining about it and said this is the end of Windows...yet it is still here. Everytime facebook makes a change there are people crying over something they get for free.....yet it is still the largest social media site in the world and growing. CCL as with every company realizes they cant make everybody happy but also know they have to upgrade to maintain or grow market share. Do they hit a home run every time? Nope. But if they didnt try they would be out of business within 10 years. And if the people on here that are not "happy" with the changes then I hope they look elsewhere because I dont want to be in line behind them at guest services complaining that their favorite show wasnt on or somebodies 5 year old bumped into them and spilling ice cream on them and "ruined" their whole cruise.

That's fair, but I think if you look at the big picture, we all pay for something we don't care for.

I don't attend the art auctions but I bet the free champagne is paid for by everyone.

I also don't eat any seafood, but I bet I am paying for everyone's lobster and shrimp cocktail.

I may not use a lot of the things that they are bringing but I enjoy the overall product so I will still cruise them and continue to pay for things I don't use either. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have more variety for those that might use it...

Actually....I believe Park West pays for the champagne for the art auction. That's why at some you can get a whole bunch of champagne, and others are pretty stingy. The idea is to relax the buyer so they are more easily parted from their money.

But you are right. I've never gone into a night club on Carnival and they aren't my style, so.....Who ever the new DJ is, he is not going to effect my cruise at all.

I didn't find much in the announcements to impress me. I have never watched one of George Lopez's shows or heard his comedy routines and from what little I know of him (mainly through his feuds with people), I'm not impressed with him. But, I don't go to the Comedy Clubs now, so it wouldn't matter to me who is playing there.

I like the idea of the brunch, but NOT if I'm going to be "entertained" by a comedian while I'm trying to eat.

I drink very, very little, so the wine bar, the beer and pretzels, the rum bar, the Red Frog, etc., don't matter one way or the other.

I very seldom eat a burger on the ship, so I might try one of Guy's burgers, but I prefer the buffet or the dining room.

EA sports bar - nope, don't do that either.

The thing is, none of the changes improve on my personal cruise experience which, to me, says more about the direction Carnival is going and that maybe Carnival may not be such a good "fit" for me in the future. I have a B2B booked on the Breeze for 2013 and it will be interesting to see how that goes.

yes, but there are going to be some drunks in there now with the new wine tasting machine. :)

The library is there, yes with a machine, a MACHINE, to dispense wine samples......This is real class....NOT. There will be a continuous flow of loud wine tasters in and out of what is supposed to be a quiet place for reading and games.

Its just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone. But I guess that really doesnt matter on these boards anyway. To me its like this. Having him on a ship is like people talking about to many drunks, jeans at dinner, unsupervised kids, who is the CD, what piano player is on board and so on and so on. Just another fail in my book. But its just my opinion.

And you are just as entitled to that opinion as everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Heald says fleetwide, so I guess I will be going elsewhere, also.

I'm amazed that there are people who are already jumping ship before the changes have even been done. I guess if something like this happening will cause you to no longer cruise on Carnival, you will eventually stop cruising because change is inevitable. Everyone and everything goes through it.

I cruise primarily for the ship-on-a-stick!!!!!

The library is there, yes with a machine, a MACHINE, to dispense wine samples......This is real class....NOT. There will be a continuous flow of loud wine tasters in and out of what is supposed to be a quiet place for reading and games.

Maybe while they are all drinking wine in the library, you could read The Grapes Of Wrath" and get in the spirit :)

Any comedy show they have would be better than the one that was on the Miracle 9/11 cruise. It was the same comedian from a year ago with the same act. I'll wait till tomorrow to see what the big anouncement will be. I won't be cruising Carnival 2012 anyway. It a NCL year on the Star.

OK Peeps, let's do the I am an experienced cruiser thing here... But I am trying to get excited about the announcement, but I find myself sayin, " I really thought it was going to be something new".?

New burgers, I already think Carnival has the best tasting burgers.... The new comedy acts created by George Lopez, I already think the comedy acts are funny as they are now. New sports bar, the only change I would make is, better satellite system that shows more sports - and offer small food dishes, expand them with a juke box and a couple pool tables, now thats a sports bar.

Sorry, I'm just not excited by these changes, maybe cause I don't really watch George Lopez on tv, or think he is that funny. The other hispanic comedian, I would like to get him instead. Now the Red Frog Pub on Magic, I think thats a great Idea, and can't wait to visit there!!

Maybe once everything is in place, I'll enjoy it all, but now, I really thought it was going to be something else, as opposed to a makeover.:confused:

Get ready, Get set.... Let the bashing begin!:(

Maybe it's just me but I kinda thought George Lopez had a sort of falling out with the American peeps. I mean it takes a really special guy to cheat on and then divorce a wife after taking her kidney....

If he's on a ship, I will avoid that one. Did they actually say he was going to be on a ship?

The other changes don't make a difference to me pro or con, but GL I could seriously do without!

Archived