Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Thanks! I'm surprised how heavy the dress is, but it's nicely lined and the sequins are a good material. The only adjustment I need to make is the one-shoulder strap, which is a plain material behind that "flower." It needs to be about 2 inches shorter to keep the shoulder up on me. I may even do it myself, if I can dig out my sewing machine. LOL

Oh, and that slit goes right to top of my thigh. :eek:

Laurie,

If you are referring to the spaghetti strap, I recently ordered these on amazon. You pin it on the inside of the dress or pin/hook to your bra. If you decide you don't want to sew at all. You could just stick the current strap in the dress and use that. Hope the link works from my phone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008ZTLV2E/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Laurie,

If you are referring to the spaghetti strap, I recently ordered these on amazon. You pin it on the inside of the dress or pin/hook to your bra. If you decide you don't want to sew at all. You could just stick the current strap in the dress and use that. Hope the link works from my phone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008ZTLV2E/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

Oh never mind. I see now you said the flower strap.

Hello all. I am new and will be going on my first cruise in 18 days! [stoked!]. I just wanted to share my bargains I got. I am not a fashion guru or experienced shopper. I rarely have an occasion to dress up. But I was so excited to get the chance. I live in a fairly small town. Macy's and JC Penny's are about it around here. I searched high and low and found nothing. I was hoping to get 2 gowns around $100 each. Good much huh? Well I finally broke down and ordered the ivory one on eBay. It was a Clarisse which seemed to be a good brand. It was beautiful but too big and did not fit well so I planned to get it altered which i sure would not be cheap. Then I went to Macy's again and found this beautiful purple gown for $99. I found out later it was an online return. When I bought it I opened a Macy's account to get 20% off my purchase (as I had about $600+ in other cruise summer clothes and accessories) plus I would get another 20% off my first statement. I also paid $25 to sign up for their "thanks for sharing" program to get a 10% rebate next spring. When I got home I realized they only gave me 15% off and there was a big flaw on the dress. I went back and they corrected it, ordered me a new dress, and gave me $25 Macy's bucks. So I thought I was all set. Then yesterday I stop in and I spot a bunch of gowns (that i have no idea where they came from because i've been there a couple times a week for months) and there is this beautiful grey gown on a 65% off rack but only marked 25% off. Its so heavy it must weigh 5 lbs! I ask about it expecting to hear "too bad" because I've been trying to get a cocktail dress for weeks that still rings up 25% off and they say they can't. Well today they got the ok on the gown! Wish the darn cocktail dress was still there! First day I could not find it! So long and short I ended up getting both gowns for $24 after my rebate next spring! Holy cow! Plus I was able to put a stop on the other gown from being altered. Maybe I'll try to sell it online as they won't accept returns. I've learned my lesson there. So I did spend $100 on that as well. I hope the pics come through. This is my first try.

All three gowns are stunning. Congrats on the great bargains at Macys. :)

Lisa

Hello, my name is Lisa and I have a shopping problem...

I found another cocktail dress that is a beautiful green and just had to get it for the cruise. Walt has a feeling that this will be a repeat of our Liberty cruise where I wore a different cocktail dress every night to dinner. I will have Walt take a picture of me in the dress this week and post it. :D

Lisa

I found another cocktail dress that is a beautiful green and just had to get it for the cruise. Walt has a feeling that this will be a repeat of our Liberty cruise where I wore a different cocktail dress every night to dinner. I will have Walt take a picture of me in the dress this week and post it. :D

Lisa

Does Walt have a problem with you wearing a different cocktail dress each night or is he envisioning having to schlep extra luggage?:D

Does Walt have a problem with you wearing a different cocktail dress each night or is he envisioning having to schlep extra luggage?:D

Well, his nickname is Sherpa Walt, so I think he is envisioning all of the suitcases that will be stuffed in his Mazda 3 for the trip to Florida. We may have to take my mini van at the rate I am going. :D:eek::D He has always says not to worry about bringing too many suitcases...he is a keeper. :)

Lisa

my goodness all the dresses were just beautiful ---------

I would like to follow Lisa's lead and say ,,,,

I, too have a shopping problem ... I put my dresses on the closet door to review for the 8 day cruise and I have 14 dresses lol .... mmmm something is wrong here I think :-) .... but then again my husband did buy a few of them for me so really is it over packing if I bring them all ??? :-) :-)

my goodness all the dresses were just beautiful ---------

I, too have a shopping problem ... I put my dresses on the closet door to review for the 8 day cruise and I have 14 dresses lol .... mmmm something is wrong here I think :-) .... but then again my husband did buy a few of them for me so really is it over packing if I bring them all ??? :-) :-)

LOL...I say bring them all! :D

Lisa

Lisa

Like!!!!:D

Hello, my name is Lisa and I have a shopping problem...Lisa

I, too have a shopping problem

Sorry yall, I still have you both beat. :p I now have, JUST my short dresses....sundresses, Sunday dresses, cocktail dresses......are you sitting down????? Are you ready for this?????? 112 short dresses....some still with tags.....This does not include all my evening dresses or just my every day long dresses....this is ONLY my short dresses :eek:

Edited by arhillbilly

Sorry yall, I still have you both beat. :p I now have, JUST my short dresses....sundresses, Sunday dresses, cocktail dresses......are you sitting down????? Are you ready for this?????? 112 short dresses....some still with tags.....This does not include all my evening dresses or just my every day long dresses....this is ONLY my short dresses :eek:

And how big is your closet?!!!:D

This is just the short dresses.....

IMG_1194_zps07741dae.jpg

IMG_1195_zps242e7460.jpg

IMG_1197_zpsd1917059.jpg

and there are prob about 20 dresses in this one........

IMG_1196_zpse744fe6b.jpg

I'm SO going to show this to my husband and prove to him once and for all my 20+ dresses are indeed not too much :D:D

Hi fellow shopaholics !

I'm Geraldine, from France, and I like this thread, so many opportunities to see nice dresses...

I like to cruise, I've been on 3 cruises already, inclusing one on Oasis of the Seas last year.

One of the things I love on the cruises is the opportunity to dress up.

I will try to post the 2 dresses I wore last year for formal nights. I hope it will work, it will be the fist time I try...

Here is the first one : I bought it on sale at Macy's, it's a Ralph Lauren.

ROA-121128-2FML_LSP-17862259_zps0052ef3d.jpg

And here is the 2d one : I bought it in a cocktail dresses store in Sawgrass Mills the day before our cruise last year (on Black friday)

ROA-121125-1FML_Car-17815559_zpsf79e4b09.jpg

I will be cruising again, in the Allure of the Seas in November, and I haven't bought any new dresses yet for this cruise.

Like last year, I hope I will find new dresses on the eve of our cruise while shopping at Sawgrass Mills.

I will bring alternate dresses in case I do not find anything, maybe this one that I wore for a wedding this year (I lost 30 pounds between my cruise last year and this picture this year). I also bought this one at Sawgrass Mills on sale, it's a Ralph Lauren that I love.

DSC00069_zps76aa8fcb.jpg

I'm excited about the cruise, and excited about the shopping to come :)

globetrekkie, Congrats on the weight loss. You look fabulous. I am partial to your first name. ;-)

I love going to Sawgrass Mall when we are in Fort Lauderdale. They have so many fabulous stores and such great sales.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA

globetrekkie, Congrats on the weight loss. You look fabulous. I am partial to your first name. ;-)

I love going to Sawgrass Mall when we are in Fort Lauderdale. They have so many fabulous stores and such great sales.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Gerry

Thanks Gerry ! it was not easy to lose that weight, and now I try to stabilize. But it gives me great encouragement when I can dress in outfits that I could not consider trying on before.

As for Sawgrass Mills, I also love it, and we always go there when close to Fort Lauderdale (which is not often as we live in France... a little far to go there regularly;;;)

Please, don't take offense.

I got really bored last night and began reading the posts on "Post a Pic of Your Dress" thread. I was amazed at how many beautiful dresses had been posted. Many of the posts were from ladies who are still posting but some were from ladies who no longer post.

What I noticed is that there were many more pics than are being posted now and less off topic information. I like the thread because I love to look at the gorgeous dresses. More pics ladies, please.