Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

LuvsCruising...

The weather was amazing! No rain at all and it was a bit nippy in the mornings (especially in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) but in Maine the last two ports, you barely needed a jacket mid-day. So, I would say in the 50's in the am and high sixties to mid-70's during the day. Portland Maine it was in the 70's and gorgeous!

I basically took a couple of long sleeved tops, a sweater and a lightly lined windbreaker type jacket and I was fine!

Debbie

I cruised the East Coast/Canada in a September also.

Wore long pants either yoga or Dockers every day, started out with a light sweater and removed it to spend the afternoons in a t-shirt.

Had rain in Boston and Newport but we had water proof jackets and went exploring as planned.

ezodbd.jpg I just got this dress from Ideeli by UPS today. It is gorgeous organza, much dressier in person than it looks in the photo. The fabric is very stiff so the skirt is quite poufy. It's a little youthful but I love it anyway. My husband said I look like a bride or prom queen. Well, I hope RC still has the white party nights.
Cute dress, great price.

Wear some bright shoes and accessories with it and it won't look as bridal/prom-y.

I think RC and NCL still do the white parties and our last Carnival cruise even had one. Of course I'd taken absolutely nothing in white in my luggage.

I cruised the East Coast/Canada in a September also.

Wore long pants either yoga or Dockers every day, started out with a light sweater and removed it to spend the afternoons in a t-shirt.

Had rain in Boston and Newport but we had water proof jackets and went exploring as planned.

I also cruised New England last year and except for Halifax the weather was perfect . I packed jeans ,chinos, some capris , several long sleeved shirts , two sweaters and a rain jacket plus dining outfits . Great cruise ! We went to Tub's Pub in Halifax and had great seafood chowder . They split a serving for us and that was perfect as it was a huge bowl each . In St. John's we went on a carriage tour and in Portland we did a trolley tour . Both tours we picked up in the town saving money . In Boston we went on a tour of Fenway that we had booked online .

Cute dress, great price.

Wear some bright shoes and accessories with it and it won't look as bridal/prom-y......

That's a great idea! I'm thinking red! I do have some neutral colored leather wedges that will work too. Whatever I do I'm going to look like a 48 yr old in a teenie bopper party dress, but I'm not too worried about what people think.

There was an article today in our local newspaper about dressing in layers for fall, that would have been perfect advice for anyone dressing for an autumn cruise. Unfortunately, it was unavailable on the online version.

Anyway, it starts with a thin, sleeveless shell that provides a pretty splotch of colour under a sweater or jacket. It can be worn alone but does not add bulk under a second layer.

Bottom line is that you can co-ordinate your wardrobe so that you are prepared for a typical Canadian autumn that can deliver an unbelievable range of weather conditions (within hours), but do not waste space on items that can only be worn under certain conditions. Pack a few summery things that co-ordinate with your warmer clothes. You will then be prepared for anything!

How was the weather? We'll be on a Canada/NE cruise next December so already starting to plan my clothes packing and purchasing. I hope I don't have to buy too much. But, if I see something I might need I will of course buy it.

One NEVER knows. Friends were there last year and it was cool to cold and raining most everyday. We are in Bar Harbor right now and I had to take off layers because it is so warm. So far, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous and perfect in Newport, Boston and now Bar Harbor.

One NEVER knows. Friends were there last year and it was cool to cold and raining most everyday. We are in Bar Harbor right now and I had to take off layers because it is so warm. So far, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous and perfect in Newport, Boston and now Bar Harbor.

Hi Colette! I hope your good weather holds. It is gorgeous here.

Just ordered custom dresses for my daughter and I. Can't wait to get them!

Here's mine - but I'm having it made in pink -

il_570xN481974695_ioxi_zps21c2206e.jpg

And my daughter is getting a mint/blue color - and it will have a high-low hem -

il_570xN480962165_py25_zpsd9c1c82f.jpg

Kim, both dresses look so beautiful. :)

What kind of shoes are you going to wear with your pink dress? Well, not that people can see your shoes, but I am just curious.

I have no clue! I should ask for advice because I'm too tall to wear heels. It's so hard to find something dressy in a flat. Maybe ballet flats? I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Well I bought another gown today. This is a Calvin Klein that I purchased for 65% off at Dillard's. DH loves the open back and thinks the color looks very hot with my blonde hair.

[ATTACH]287990[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]287991[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]287992[/ATTACH]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I love this on you Lisa. It compliments your complexion and hair.

Take care

Hugs

M

Just checking in to say hi. Loving everyone's dresses (and parkas?). Mom and I still haven't decided if we are going to do the cruise in December or not, neither one of us has the heart for it just now. We have insurance that will let us cancel up to 1 day before, so we have time to think about it.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping the economy robust with dress shopping!

ezodbd.jpg I just got this dress from Ideeli by UPS today. It is gorgeous organza, much dressier in person than it looks in the photo. The fabric is very stiff so the skirt is quite poufy. It's a little youthful but I love it anyway. My husband said I look like a bride or prom queen. Well, I hope RC still has the white party nights.

Nah... it is not a bride or prom queen dress. It is pretty. I like it.

M

Just checking in to say hi. Loving everyone's dresses (and parkas?). Mom and I still haven't decided if we are going to do the cruise in December or not, neither one of us has the heart for it just now. We have insurance that will let us cancel up to 1 day before, so we have time to think about it.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping the economy robust with dress shopping!

Hi Amy,

How are you and your mother holding up? I think the cruise would be good for you and your mother. Are you coming down here next week or the week after? I would love to meet for lunch.

Take care

Hugs

Marie

This made me think of the line of the song, "girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes. In honor of that song I thought I'd share a few pics that I had saved on my computer.

11645817-white-short-wedding-dress-with-light-blue-mbds1055.jpg

This one made me think more of a mans cummerbund. Or a Japanese obi

Free-Shipping-white-green-sash-evening-dress.jpg

alvina-valenta-flower-girl-white-satin-dress-pineapple-matte-taffeta-sash-501_zm.jpg

This one is a wedding dress, but it would still be a classic mix of colors.

Romantic--White-Sweetheart-Mermaid-Wedding-Dress-With-Sash-model-72704193-1.jpg

I like this dress. And the color.

I'd be curious to see the color in person. I have ordered 2 dresses online that appeared to be this color on my computer monitor. When they came in the first was a deep teal color. So I found another and ordered it. It was closer to a sky blue. Someday I'll find a dress in that pretty turquoise blue of the Caribbean sea.

Thank you all for the compliments...can't wait to go on another cruise so I can wear it........The color is pretty true on my monitor....couldn't be sure about yours tho....good luck...if you want to email me your number, I'll take a picture of it and text it to you are even email it to you....my email is kathytimlin@ hotmail.com

Edited by arhillbilly

Arhillbilly and RedHeadTexan, I love your dresses.

Arhillbilly, I know what you mean about worry too much what other people will think. Sometimes, you just need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if the dress or outfit looks good to you. I've been learning so much about the style and colors that work for me. When I put them on, it is a huge confidence booster. That in turn adds to the overall look of the outfit.

It is nice reaching an age where I don't feel compelled to follow trends. It is so much easier to be me, and just express myself.

Couldn't have said it any better. I have NEVER followed trends....there isn't any in this podunk town...LOL

Hi Amy,

How are you and your mother holding up? I think the cruise would be good for you and your mother. Are you coming down here next week or the week after? I would love to meet for lunch.

Take care

Hugs

Marie

Marie, sent you an email.