Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I have no clue! I should ask for advice because I'm too tall to wear heels. It's so hard to find something dressy in a flat. Maybe ballet flats? I don't know.

I like silver with pink, and a little metallic silver ballet flat would be sweet with that gown.

Although, I don't personally think there is any such thing as too tall for heels...

I like silver with pink, and a little metallic silver ballet flat would be sweet with that gown.

Although, I don't personally think there is any such thing as too tall for heels...

Thanks! I was thinking silver also. I need to go shopping and see what I can find.

And if I wasn't the same height as my husband (5'10") I might like to try heels. Oh well! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Royalcruz--very pretty dress!

All the dresses shown are beautiful and you will all look very elegant in them.

I am sad :( I have had to cancel our cruise that we had booked for next March due to health reasons, hopefully we can plan another for 2015 to look forward to.

Thanks! I was thinking silver also. I need to go shopping and see what I can find.

And if I wasn't the same height as my husband (5'10") I might like to try heels. Oh well! :)

I'm also 5'10", and wear 3+ inch heels pretyt much every day - embrace your height! And I've dated many guys 6' and under - meaning I'm hella taller when I'm in my sexy big girl heels....If the hollywood ellite can do it, why not me!

I'm also 5'10", and wear 3+ inch heels pretyt much every day - embrace your height! And I've dated many guys 6' and under - meaning I'm hella taller when I'm in my sexy big girl heels....If the hollywood ellite can do it, why not me!

Thanks! I do need to work on that. :)

Royalcruz--very pretty dress!

All the dresses shown are beautiful and you will all look very elegant in them.

I am sad :( I have had to cancel our cruise that we had booked for next March due to health reasons, hopefully we can plan another for 2015 to look forward to.

I'm SO sorry. Here's hoping for healthier times ahead!

I got this Nicole Miller dress in the Neiman Marcus sale online last week and it arrived yesterday. Been looking at it since it was full price and finally bought it for 70% off although had to get a 6 and bust needs taking in a little. Just need that Caribbean weather now...oh and new shoes and bag to go with but can't decide on colour. ru8yve4y.jpg

Love it!

it just screams - Take me to the ~~~~Caribbean ~~~~~~

congrats on scoring 70% off... love a bargin!

I agree with the others - embrace it and be proud.

I am just a little taller than my hubby, and understand it can be awkward...but then i feel goofy in formal or cocktail dresses in flats. So I usually get like 2"... I've been known to kick them off for pics if my feet won't show :). On our cruise last Dec i just chose to stand on the lower step for formal pics :p

I got this Nicole Miller dress in the Neiman Marcus sale online last week and it arrived yesterday. Been looking at it since it was full price and finally bought it for 70% off although had to get a 6 and bust needs taking in a little. Just need that Caribbean weather now...oh and new shoes and bag to go with but can't decide on colour. ru8yve4y.jpg

Ohhh, I love this dress! Not sure I would have the 'assets' to hold it up, but it looks like something I would buy in a hot minute whether it was on sale or not!

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Woohoo! My beautiful turquoise and silver sequined dress from Light in the Box arrived yesterday and it is freaking gorgeous! It fits beautifully in the bust, which was my main worry about the sizing. I only need to have a simple unadorned strap shortened so the one shoulder will stay up properly. I can probably do that myself.

I put it on last night and walked out to show my fiance who is visiting me right now. He was speechless. Yep, bought the right dress. :)

Woohoo! My beautiful turquoise and silver sequined dress from Light in the Box arrived yesterday and it is freaking gorgeous! It fits beautifully in the bust, which was my main worry about the sizing. I only need to have a simple unadorned strap shortened so the one shoulder will stay up properly. I can probably do that myself.

I put it on last night and walked out to show my fiance who is visiting me right now. He was speechless. Yep, bought the right dress. :)

Can't wait to see it!

I have this dress from Light in the Box and LOOOOVE it!

http://www.lightinthebox.com/sheath-column-one-shoulder-floor-length-chiffon-dress_p411968.html

And this is the dress my dear friend Jennifer got her stick thin, gorgeous blonde model of a daughter for her homecoming dance. She ROCKED it!

http://www.lightinthebox.com/a-line-princess-sweetheart-short-mini-print-chiffon-cocktail-dress_p733766.html

Hi Everyone! I'm Kristen and I'm a dress a holic! It has been 1 day since my last dress purchase. ;) Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am happy to be joining your wonderful group. I am new to Cruise Critic and I have been reading this thread for about a week now and finally made it to the end! *phew* I am both glad I finally got here so I can start posting and sad because now I have to WAIT for people to post new stuff! I feel like I've gotten to know so many of you and there is such a fantastic array of tastes and styles that I know you will be a fun group. :)

My hubby, who is an officer in the US Army and I are heading out on the RC Freedom on August 10th for our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be taking our 3 boys who are 21, 16 and 13 with us. It will be my 6th cruise and I love, love, love shopping for them!

The dress I just bought I will have to get one of my boys to snap a pic of me in then figure out how to post it up! Bought it for a gala at a work convention I am heading to in DC next week, but I was looking for something that I could wear a few times since I have a military ball coming up on my husband's arrival back from Afghanistan and the cruise.

Hubby always takes his Dress Blues with him and he just had a tux custom made for him in Afghanistan. It looks sharp!

Laurie, I live in NY close to you on the other side of Syracuse! Maybe we could get together some time and do some cruise dress shopping! :D

OK So now I guess I should ask the big fashion question. While I was in the dress shop getting my dress, the white dresses were screaming all to loudly that I needed to try some on. We are, as I said, going for our 25th wedding anniversary and I really want to do a vow renewal on the ship. So first I was thinking something simple, but I made the mistake of trying on a very definite Wedding dress. It is GORGEOUS and oh so much fun! It is light and BIG and has butterflies all over the skirt. I have to giggle because it is a Disney dress and is called the Rapunzel gown by Alfred Angelo. I feel like such a kid. I'm 49. lol. SO, after 25 years do you bypass the big dress for a simple cocktail like dress or do you say, HEY! I've loved that man for 25 years and our love is bigger now than it ever was and the dress should be too! :p I know it will be just my hubby, 3 boys and I, but what the hey! Who knows, through Roll Call I may just meet a great bunch of people who would love to come watch the renewal! :D

Here is a link to the dress: http://www.weddingideasmag.com/wp-content/gallery/alfred-angelo-disney/alfred-angelo-rapunzel-208.jpg

Hi Everyone! I'm Kristen and I'm a dress a holic! It has been 1 day since my last dress purchase. ;) Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am happy to be joining your wonderful group. I am new to Cruise Critic and I have been reading this thread for about a week now and finally made it to the end! *phew* I am both glad I finally got here so I can start posting and sad because now I have to WAIT for people to post new stuff! I feel like I've gotten to know so many of you and there is such a fantastic array of tastes and styles that I know you will be a fun group. :)

My hubby, who is an officer in the US Army and I are heading out on the RC Freedom on August 10th for our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be taking our 3 boys who are 21, 16 and 13 with us. It will be my 6th cruise and I love, love, love shopping for them!

The dress I just bought I will have to get one of my boys to snap a pic of me in then figure out how to post it up! Bought it for a gala at a work convention I am heading to in DC next week, but I was looking for something that I could wear a few times since I have a military ball coming up on my husband's arrival back from Afghanistan and the cruise.

Hubby always takes his Dress Blues with him and he just had a tux custom made for him in Afghanistan. It looks sharp!

Laurie, I live in NY close to you on the other side of Syracuse! Maybe we could get together some time and do some cruise dress shopping! :D

OK So now I guess I should ask the big fashion question. While I was in the dress shop getting my dress, the white dresses were screaming all to loudly that I needed to try some on. We are, as I said, going for our 25th wedding anniversary and I really want to do a vow renewal on the ship. So first I was thinking something simple, but I made the mistake of trying on a very definite Wedding dress. It is GORGEOUS and oh so much fun! It is light and BIG and has butterflies all over the skirt. I have to giggle because it is a Disney dress and is called the Rapunzel gown by Alfred Angelo. I feel like such a kid. I'm 49. lol. SO, after 25 years do you bypass the big dress for a simple cocktail like dress or do you say, HEY! I've loved that man for 25 years and our love is bigger now than it ever was and the dress should be too! :p I know it will be just my hubby, 3 boys and I, but what the hey! Who knows, through Roll Call I may just meet a great bunch of people who would love to come watch the renewal! :D

Here is a link to the dress: http://www.weddingideasmag.com/wp-content/gallery/alfred-angelo-disney/alfred-angelo-rapunzel-208.jpg

WOW, that dress is FAB ! GO FOR IT! Your never to old to look BEAUTIFUL! I would wear that in a minute & I'm now 70 ! We too are hopefully doing a vow renewal in Nov. 2014 & I have already purchased a wedding gown in ivory to wear. You will feel great & I'm sure your DH will just love it.

Also, welcome to CC. :D

This is an excellent choice! I hope you'll figure out how to post pictures of yourself in the dress!

I second this!

As much as we like seeing dresses on models, we like to see them on real ladies and fellow CruiseCritics even more :):)

I second this!

As much as we like seeing dresses on models, we like to see them on real ladies and fellow CruiseCritics even more :):)

Hi Sinppu,

How have you been? Hope all is well :).

Yes, I totally agree with you. This is a Fashion board; we want to see a picture of you :):p.

Marie

Edited by Porthopper101

Hi Sinppu,

How have you been? Hope all is well :).

Yes, I totally agree with you. This is a Fashion board; we want to see a picture of you :):p.

Marie

Hi Marie,

everything is just wonderful. Hope your newly-wed life is keeping you happy ;).

Hi, Kristen and welcome to the happiest forum on CC! I think the Rapunzel dress is beautiful. 25 years of marriage is something to celebrate and that is definitely a celebration dress.

When you are ready to post pictures, check out the Photography forum for some good advice. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714741