Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

This is their 3rd cruise but 1st time for big fancy dress. They arrived today and the girls are so excited! One is a real tomboy type so this is surprising me. She had me braid her hair and put pretties in it when she tried the dress on for Daddy. What do you think? The girls are 10 and 12 and growing up fast...

I really like the dresses. Your daughters are going to look like two Princesses in them.

This is their 3rd cruise but 1st time for big fancy dress. They arrived today and the girls are so excited! One is a real tomboy type so this is surprising me. She had me braid her hair and put pretties in it when she tried the dress on for Daddy. What do you think? The girls are 10 and 12 and growing up fast...

This is a photo of my daughter when she was 11. She enjoyed dressing up at the time. Now she's going through her punk/grunge stage. I hope by the time we cruise next year she will be over it so I can get a nice formal family photo without pink hair and doc martin boots.

1547067.jpg.35af2e5e8d8fba7e247855d069b25087.jpg

I live on Roatan 1/2 the year so Jams World fit my life perfectly!

They are the perfect island wear~easy wash, no iron and easy, breezy:) I fell in love with the line about 20 yrs. ago on Anguilla and have been collecting them ever since!

hotcarib,

Next time you are on Roatan please tell Debbie and Bob at Made in Roatan "Hi" from Tom and Gerry from Yuma. Thanks

Have a great day,

Gerry

Beautiful dresses!

This is a photo of my daughter when she was 11. She enjoyed dressing up at the time. Now she's going through her punk/grunge stage. I hope by the time we cruise next year she will be over it so I can get a nice formal family photo without pink hair and doc martin boots.

The phase will pass! Lived thru it with 2 stepdaughters!

I've been dress hunting for a few weeks now, for my upcoming cruise, but I did not find anything that I liked or that fit me.

I always wanted to try and wear a long and princessy dress, so I ordered one on internet, that would be custom made because i'm 5 feet tall so all dresses are too long for me.

And... I received it today ! So I tried it on, so I'll post a picture for you all to see the result of my shopping. It feels strange to me as I never wore this long a dress.

It might be a little large around the bust, but I'm still happy with the dress, I like the color of it. I intend to wear it for the 1st formal night on my upcoming cruise on the Allure of the Seas.

I will wear a green pendant from Swarovski, with matching earrings to go with it. I do not know what to do with my hair though, I never know how to style it.

So this baby will be in my suitcase in less than 2 weeks, en route to Fort Lauderdale !! can't wait...

I hope to find some nice dresses in Fort Lauderdale also...

DSC00028_zps63a2965e.jpg

So what do you think ? Will it be ok ?

Any advice for the hairstyle, or for a purse ?

I've been dress hunting for a few weeks now, for my upcoming cruise, but I did not find anything that I liked or that fit me.

I always wanted to try and wear a long and princessy dress, so I ordered one on internet, that would be custom made because i'm 5 feet tall so all dresses are too long for me.

And... I received it today ! So I tried it on, so I'll post a picture for you all to see the result of my shopping. It feels strange to me as I never wore this long a dress.

It might be a little large around the bust, but I'm still happy with the dress, I like the color of it. I intend to wear it for the 1st formal night on my upcoming cruise on the Allure of the Seas.

I will wear a green pendant from Swarovski, with matching earrings to go with it. I do not know what to do with my hair though, I never know how to style it.

So this baby will be in my suitcase in less than 2 weeks, en route to Fort Lauderdale !! can't wait...

I hope to find some nice dresses in Fort Lauderdale also...

DSC00028_zps63a2965e.jpg

So what do you think ? Will it be ok ?

Any advice for the hairstyle, or for a purse ?

Love the bodice and the drape of the skirt!!! Very pretty. I think a loose wave would be lovely on you. As for a purse I'd go for a small metallic envelope

I live on Roatan 1/2 the year so Jams World fit my life perfectly!

They are the perfect island wear~easy wash, no iron and easy, breezy:) I fell in love with the line about 20 yrs. ago on Anguilla and have been collecting them ever since!

hotcarib,

Next time you are on Roatan please tell Debbie and Bob at Made in Roatan "Hi" from Tom and Gerry from Yuma. Thanks

Have a great day,

Gerry

I am so jealous! Roatan was a stop on our honeymoon cruise. We can't wait to go back! Beautiful snorkeling. Super friendly people. While you're handing out "hellos," say one from Bob and Judy in Atlanta to Ezera, our favorite (and imho cutest :eek:) Grand Roatan Beach Resort bartender!

My choice would be earrings but no pendant. I think the neckline is eye catching enough that any necklace would compete.

My choice would be earrings but no pendant. I think the neckline is eye catching enough that any necklace would compete.

ITA, a pendant would detract from the neckline (IMO)

You could do some sparkly bobby pins in your hair

Edited by hotcarib

I vote to keep! Really love the print and drop of the dress...the shoes I really love those Miu Miu or the second ones from the right..jmho...:)

Keep or return? This is the Tracy Reese dress; not entirely pleased, but sort of loving the Boho vibe:

nqwwmb.jpg

Thoughts? Shoes? I like the Miu Miu flower shoes best

I vote to keep! Really love the print and drop of the dress...the shoes I really love those Miu Miu or the second ones from the right..jmho...:)

Thank you! I appreciate any input:):)

I think I've said I'm having a difficult time with this age thing and dressing nicely, but appropriately...VEXING!!!!