Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

First time posting a pic. So here goes... I just won this on Ebay for $7.00 I really hope it works for me! The description said it is a dark brown. I love the neckline and the ruffles.

$(KGrHqV,!jME8E7)9tUeBPJYJe3F!!~~60_3.JPG

I don't love the strings on the shoulders. Otherwise it looks quite nice.

momtoabowhead: I think thats a beautiful dress! really pretty and elegant

Thank you! I love it. My sister is actually wearing it to my wedding. I bought another but didn't take a photo as the zipper needed replaced. I picked it up from the alteration shop Wednesday. I'll try to get DF to take a photo for me so I can post it.

Well, I posted this over at the Off topics, but they said I should come over here. I've worn one of these on a cruise and the other one will be on my next one. However, I just got invited to a red carpet movie premier tomr. night and I was trying to decided which one I should wear. I have a black shawl to wear b/c its kinda chilly here. But I think I would need a silver for the purple dress. Can you guys give your thoughts?

34190_521247339618_62700819_30860212_5882094_n.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg

thanks!

Both dresses are beautiful! But I LOVE the black one!

Terri

Thanks for all your advice, everyone. I'm 66 but am ok with my arms and shoulders; they're not too bad for my age. It depends on the cut. I prefer dresses just at or just under the knees; my knees themselves are fine, but I do have some of the wrinkles above the knees that age brings.

I am kind of in between long and short-waisted, probably more long waisted, for my height. I do like long swimsuit sizes, if I can find them, mostly because I don't like legs that ride up.

I carry my extra weight mostly in the stomach area and always have. Most princess style dresses don't work because they don't fit right in the bust (the girls are not as perky as they once were.)

at 5'3" (closer to 5'4") you'd think I could wear petites, but not usually. Most petite tops fit good, petite dresses are too short-waisted and generally too short, petite pants are too short.

I'm afraid to try just measurements and I think sending things back is a pain. I would never buy unless returns (and shipping) are free. Pennys is the one place I will try, as I can return them at the store. Picky, I know.

My best bet; lose the darned 10-20 lbs and then everything will fit better! I'm working on it with probably a cruise in April and a son getting married in August. Good incentives, huh?

Off to browse the Pennys sales; I forgot how easy it is to return things there.

Hello!

This is my 1st cruise that hubby & I will be going on in May!

We will be renewing our vows before here at home in a church before leaving.

The dress that I found to wear for my ceremony I bought on the clearance rack at Dillard's for $38. It is a long, formal in champagne color with pearl accent.

I was going to bring it to wear on the cruise for our elegant night, until my son gave me $20 for Christmas. I found a purple cocktail dress with a silver pin on it at Ross . Another son who is an artist loved it on me!

My husband already owns a purple shirt and a matching tie, so we will be good for the pics!

These are suggestions you might try before spending lots of money on dresses, unless you plan on wearing them again. Also, J.C.Penney has began to mark their things down in order to compete with other stores.

terri

I didn't take any pictures of my dresses while I was on the cruise. :( Next time.

dbfd76df.jpg

First formal night dress. I honesty thought this was too prom-like for my liking.

ffef8d28.jpg

Gold dresses <3 I have another one that is more club attire. I just like dressing up. Clicky.

0eb6e3f5.jpg

By far my favorite dress!!! I wear this everywhere!!!!! And this dress costed me like $5/6 total!!!!!! My mom found it and told me to get it. At the time, I didn't like it at all. The red one costed $10. I haven't bought a dress that cost more than $20 in a long long time.

dbd36955.jpg

First pic taken when I bought the dress. It's been two years! :) Thank you Mom! But it gives you an idea on my body shape? figure?

Edited by MacBunny

I didn't take any pictures of my dresses while I was on the cruise. :( Next time.

dbfd76df.jpg

First formal night dress. I honesty thought this was too prom-like for my liking.

ffef8d28.jpg

Gold dresses <3 I have another one that is more club attire. I just like dressing up. Clicky.

0eb6e3f5.jpg

By far my favorite dress!!! I wear this everywhere!!!!! And this dress costed me like $5/6 total!!!!!! My mom found it and told me to get it. At the time, I didn't like it at all. The red one costed $10. I haven't bought a dress that cost more than $20 in a long long time.

dbd36955.jpg

First pic taken when I bought the dress. It's been two years! :) Thank you Mom! But it gives you an idea on my body shape? figure?

I think they are all cute...you're tiny, pretty and young, you can wear anything and look great!

ESLEY drape neck 2fer pencil dress

Top; 100% Polyester. Bottom; 90% Polyester 10% Spandex. Imported

View Details

2011_10_27_8476.jpg ESLEY drape neck 2fer pencil dress

More Views

• 2011_10_27_8476.jpg
  • 2011_10_27_8479.jpg
  • 2011_10_27_8480.jpg
  • 2011_10_27_8481.jpgThinking of getting this for formal night for my 4 day cruise in 2 wks. I have stuff but it's only 15 bux and it's always fun to wear something new...what do you guys think?