Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Absolutely gorgeous dresses ladies.

Sherrie Lynn your red dress is beautiful on you; how did you handle the train:confused: or did you just stand around all evening looking glamorous? :)

Mrs Porthopper 101, you are so generous to take the time to share your photos with us. You look lovely in each and every one and so glad to hear you are enjoying yourself.

Just won this on Ebay. I wanted it to wear to graduation in May but just might have to wear it to dinner one night on the cruise too.:D

What do you think Sherrie?

[ATTACH]222343[/ATTACH]

I thnk I have the perfect shoes to go with it....I presume that you will mail it sometime next week?:D It's really cute, I love all the colors, it has such a "happy" look to it...Will be perfect for a Spring wedding, and great for your cruise!!:)

Hi Ladies' date='[/color']

Hope everyone had a wonderful week and is looking forward to a great weekend.

I finally have the pictures from the Sweetheart Dance this past week. We had a wonderful time and the Honor Guard made a good sum towards their bus renovation project. Drew was Master Of Ceremonies for the evening and he did a wonderful job!:) I'm going to try to post a couple of pictures. Hope they work.

Just won this on Ebay. I wanted it to wear to graduation in May but just might have to wear it to dinner one night on the cruise too.:D

What do you think Sherrie?

[ATTACH]222343[/ATTACH]

Lovely dresses ladies.

Absolutely gorgeous dresses ladies.

Sherrie Lynn your red dress is beautiful on you; how did you handle the train:confused: or did you just stand around all evening looking glamorous? :)

Mrs Porthopper 101, you are so generous to take the time to share your photos with us. You look lovely in each and every one and so glad to hear you are enjoying yourself.

Thanks, Lynne,

Actually, we danced all evening....people just kind of kept their distance...not sure if it was the long train or my anti-perspirant had quit working! :D

I did have to take it to the dry cleaners the next morning....the hem was dirty from being on the dance floor...now I know why people don't wear things much anymore that need to be dry cleaned ... a $27.00 dry cleaning bill!!!:eek: But it is ready to wear on the cruise when the time comes. :)

Being that he is Captain of The Honor Guard, Drew was the Master of Ceremonies for the eveining, so I was helping him with the prizes, etc during the band breaks.

I had made several gift bags filled with goodies, wine, candy, wine glasses, etc....then I went to some restaruants and they were kind enough to donate gift certificates to go in the bags...I also had one place donate a huge bear that we raffled off. It was a complete sell out...they were turning people away at the door. All in all, it turned out great and The Honor Guard recouped some funds they needed for their bus project.

Here is a photo, sorry, it's a little blurry, and I know it wasn't due to the "two Shirley Temples" I had all evening. LOL:D

1957695548_ValentiineBear.jpg.4a566974380271eee4f90aad22ed1b38.jpg

Everyone's dresses are lovely.

My son is getting married in August - It will be an outside wedding. I believe the brides mother is wearing the following dress (or something similar - with a small jacket)

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/marina-dress-cap-sleeve-lace-cocktail-dress?ID=635228&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

I have no idea - I look best in bright colors (not pinks or yellows, mauves - all the colors they want the MOTG to wear) - I don't know if I should go with a silver/grey dress or try some thing else.

I'm not sure what the brides maids are wearing yet (so I was surprised that the MOTB bought a dress already) - My future DOL loves browns and greens --- Ideas.

I did see the following http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/adrianna-papell-lace-sheath-dress/3136589?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=2179 Too close to the mom's dress?

Thanks, Jan

My son is getting married in August - It will be an outside wedding. I believe the brides mother is wearing the following dress (or something similar - with a small jacket)

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/marina-dress-cap-sleeve-lace-cocktail-dress?ID=635228&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

I have no idea - I look best in bright colors (not pinks or yellows, mauves - all the colors they want the MOTG to wear) - I don't know if I should go with a silver/grey dress or try some thing else.

I'm not sure what the brides maids are wearing yet (so I was surprised that the MOTB bought a dress already) - My future DOL loves browns and greens --- Ideas.

I did see the following http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/adrianna-papell-lace-sheath-dress/3136589?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=2179 Too close to the mom's dress?

Thanks, Jan

It's a lovely dress Jan that you're thinking of wearing to the wedding. Keep in mind you can always accessorize it with bright colors. Congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding!

Edited by cruz4evr

Congratulations Jan in Maine! I dislike MOB dresses too. I hate, hate mauve!

I love both dresses you posted and JMHO but it is very much like the MOB's dress. How do you feel about this one? http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/js-collections-ruffle-stripe-mesh-sheath-dress-bolero/3001558?origin=category

Edited by jkudzu

Congratulations Jan in Maine! I dislike MOB dresses too. I hate, hate mauve!

I love both dresses you posted and JMHO but it is very much like the MOB's dress. How do you feel about this one? http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/js-collections-ruffle-stripe-mesh-sheath-dress-bolero/3001558?origin=category

Beautiful dress Joyce, I'm with you....when we first moved into our home, we had to take down all the Country Blue and Mauve that was in the house!!!:eek:

Jan, I agree with you about the pastels...I vote for a more vibrant color!:) Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!!:)

My sister wore the second dress for her daughters wedding . It was very pretty and the jacket was a nice idea . When I was looking for a MOTB dress I went to Talbot's .They had a nice selection . I also checked out Davids bridal .They have some dresses that are not the typical MOTB dresses and reasonably priced .

I do like number 2.:) Let us know what you decide to wear.

Hi Jan in Maine--

Congratulations on your son's wedding. I think you and I live in the same city, so have access to the same "bricks and mortar" stores. I had pretty good luck shopping in Macy's for mother of the bride dress when our daughter got married, and at JC Penney when our son got married. How formal is the wedding? That may in part determine the range of appropriate dress styles. If the mother of the bride has already bought a shorter dress, then most likely you should stick to that length as well (or at least not long). And keep on eye on TJ Maxx and Burlington Coat Factory, as they often have nice dresses and other outfits. I've recently bought a dressy top (red, satin-like) and a long black, slightly sparkly skirt as one of my formal outfits for our upcoming transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2, which will be our first-ever cruise.

Thanks, Jan

My son is getting married in August too! It's an outside wedding in a beautiful garden in Montana. The bride's colors are red, chocolate and white; I'll wait until summer at least to find a dress, and pick a color. Since it's outside I don't want something too formal, but the bride does want people to dress up.

So, I'm definitely getting ideas from all the great dresses people have been suggesting.