Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I love the dress! I'm wondering though, about the other nights, besides "elegant" night, do people dress up? I have a couple of dresses that I would like to take with me, but I don't want to be out of place. I'm losing weight, down from a 26 to an 18. Not much, but I'm starting to get a bit of curve! I want to feel good for these nights with hubby. This is our 25th anniversary cruise, so it is our "honeymoon."

Advise would be appreciated.

Terri

Dress varies, of course, but many people dress up very nicely for most nights--maybe not formal wear, but cocktail wear, 'church' dresses, what you might wear to a nice wedding, etc. is fine and you won't be alone. I certainly dress better for almost any night on a cruise than if I'm going out at home. (It is very casual where we live, though).

Congratulations on the weight loss. That's super, and not a minor loss at all.

I love the dress! I'm wondering though, about the other nights, besides "elegant" night, do people dress up? I have a couple of dresses that I would like to take with me, but I don't want to be out of place. I'm losing weight, down from a 26 to an 18. Not much, but I'm starting to get a bit of curve! I want to feel good for these nights with hubby. This is our 25th anniversary cruise, so it is our "honeymoon."

Terri

If I'm "dressing" on non-elegant nights, it's skirts or maxi dresses. That makes me feel better than staying in the same clothes I trod around the ship or while on an excursion. I personally think summery maxi dresses are wonderfully forgiving while losing weight.

Sherri Lynn, I have been trying to find the email or site address of the company that you get your dresses from and I just can't find it. Would you mind giving it to me again, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much,

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA

Hi Ladies, Just got my first Jessica London catalog in the mail and I'm in love! The clothes are amazing and I can see so many of the items on a cruise. The models are curvy too. ;) There's one dress in particular I'm in love with. It's called a flyaway maxi dress in a pretty print. They're having an extra 50% sale (your highest priced item) with the purchase of 2 or more items. It's code JLF4031 at www.jessicalondon.com.:)

I cannot buy any more dresses, I cannot buy any more dresses, I cannot buy any more dresses!:eek: Just wanted to share! J

Edited by jkudzu

Sherri Lynn, I have been trying to find the email or site address of the company that you get your dresses from and I just can't find it. Would you mind giving it to me again, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much,

Gerry

Of course I don't mind posting the sites for you. Here are the ones that I have used over the last few years. I prefer the first one....basically they have the same dresses, just prefer this site.

The prices have gone up some in the last month....last time she emailed me, she said that things would be going up because of the cost of materials, raising salary, and the increase in shipping cost. However for the prices, I still think they are a bargain...

If these don't work, let me know and I will try and post them again.

http://stores.ebay.com/evening-dress-store?_trksid=p4340.l2563

http://stores.ebay.com/eveningdress-garden?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Edited by Drew's Wife

Hi Ladies, Just got my first Jessica London catalog in the mail and I'm in love! The clothes are amazing and I can see so many of the items on a cruise. The models are curvy too. ;) There's one dress in particular I'm in love with. It's called a flyaway maxi dress in a pretty print. They're having an extra 50% sale (your highest priced item) with the purchase of 2 or more items. It's code JLF4031 at www.jessicalondon.com.:)

I cannot buy any more dresses, I cannot buy any more dresses, I cannot buy any more dresses!:eek: Just wanted to share! J

Of course you can.....of course you can, of course you can!!!;):D

I'll have to go check that out!!

Hello Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. We left Port Douglas last night. We are now heading to Kota Kinabalu.

Have a great day ladies.

Marie

6810824074_d5e096c592_b.jpg

6810824070_5d754809fc_b.jpg

6956962303_51067d36c7_b.jpg

The internet is too slow. I will post more later.

I love seeing all your beautiful dresses. Do you mind saying how many dresses you brought along?

Cactusgirly, very nice dresses. You look terrific.

_6156472.jpg

_6789852.jpg

Hi ladies,

Well, I'm going on my first 15 day cruise so naturally, what to wear is stressing me :p I thought for the first time in my cruising life, I'm going to try a cocktail dress (above) and fancy top (2nd pix) with silk palazzo pants for two of the four formal nights. Long gowns the other two so that I can get one more use out of them.

Good thing I live within driving distance from port - the excess baggage fees would kill me!

Porthopper, all I can say is WOW!!!!!! Those gowns are gorgeous.

Hope you are having a great time on your cruise. I see your foot has gone down some, you are in some of the other shoes you brought. They are gorgeous too.

Drew's Wife, Thank you s much for posting those for me. I have bookmarked them and put then in my favorites so i can find them again.;)

Hello Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. We left Port Douglas last night. We are now heading to Kota Kinabalu.

Have a great day ladies.

Marie

6810824074_d5e096c592_b.jpg

6810824070_5d754809fc_b.jpg

6956962303_51067d36c7_b.jpg

The internet is too slow. I will post more later.

Hi Marie,

All your gowns are so beautiful, and you look like a fashion model in them!

Continue to have a great time on your cruise, and stay healthy.

Take care,

Kathy

Terri

I wore a dress to dinner every night. Most of the nights I wore a sundress or casual dress, but I love to dress up, and don't have much opportunity to do so at home, so I did on our cruise :)

Way to go on the weight loss!!

_6156472.jpg

_6789852.jpg

Hi ladies,

Well, I'm going on my first 15 day cruise so naturally, what to wear is stressing me :p I thought for the first time in my cruising life, I'm going to try a cocktail dress (above) and fancy top (2nd pix) with silk palazzo pants for two of the four formal nights. Long gowns the other two so that I can get one more use out of them.

Good thing I live within driving distance from port - the excess baggage fees would kill me!

Very lovely outfits - really like the shoulder on the black dress!!! Enjoy your cruise. Jan

Terri

Terri, you need to dress for you...You'll look lovely, I'm sure. And don't sell yourself short on your losses. 2 years ago I was a 26 and now I'm a 10/12. Celebrate every loss!!! Lord knows I'm going to "dress up" each night. I worked hard to lose 110 lbs and I know how you feel. You and your husband have a special trip and enjoy each other's company. Screw what other people think...if you feel good and aren't wearing a see through chain mail dress (unacceptable with any body type IMO), go for it!! :D

Thank you both for your encouragement.

We are sailing on the Carnival Fantasy from Charleston on May 14.

I'm still hoping to shed a few more pounds between now and then, but my health issues pose a limit at times. Mostly my appetite and "depression" eating have cut down. We don't bring sweets in to the house anymore since the boys have left the house. We're worried about putting on more weight while on the cruise, but have read about the gym on board which we plan on using.

Have a blessed day,

Terri

Cactus, love the dresses. I particularly like it when your hair is up. It really changes the overall look.

Thank you for the nice compliments! It's funny, I love my hair down, and then after I saw the photos realized it does look better up! (Much easier too - go figure!) I will remember that for future dress up nights. You learn something new everytime you see a picture of yourself. :)

Thanks to all of you ladies I am now dying to shop for our upcoming cruise. Marie's gowns are amazing and I would love to find some similar in style. Luckily I get to take DD along to shop as well. Prom coming up and just had winter formal so she has dresses but a girl can never have to many.