Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Thank you ladies. I am having a wonderful time. Hope everyone is doing well. We are in Dunedin, it is pouring rain.

M

6775138434_7ed8d06a9f_b.jpg

Semi Formal

6775138444_41e22fe0f0_b.jpg

Elegant Casual

6775138424_3b8c0645dd_b.jpg

I brought 16 pair of shoes, I can only wear one pair. My right foot has been swollen since San Francisco.

All of your dresses are stunning and you wear them well! You have excellent taste.

Enjoy your cruise and I hope your foot gets better soon.

Is there a similar thread like this for non-formal dresses? I got quite a few new ones today, none "elegant" or "formal" but I'm wanting to post some pictures to decide which I should keep or take back. Mostly sundresses, etc. If there is an ongoing "Does this dress look like crap?" on me thread, I'd rather join it than make a new one.

Thanks!

Speaking of casual, I just got this dress in the mail. I didn't like the way the other white dress I posted a few weeks ago looked, so I sent it back. Someone mentioned shopping at 6pm.com, and I gave it a shot. I love the dress, it fits beautifully and is fully lined. And it has pockets! :D Should I just do earrings and bangle bracelets, or a statement necklace in a cool color? I'm wearing my hair down, similar to the model's style. What do you think?

1536722-p-DETAILED.jpg

Cute dress Faith. You have several options, but I'd consider the statement necklace in silver... or maybe a color. There are so many pretty ones out, maybe turquoise or even white.

I found this cutie myself.

zmmnht.jpg

Edited by DivasDare

By the way, my latest Ebay dress arrived today and it's gorgeous!!!

Beautiful colors, pockets, looks great, and is comfy! Did I mention the pockets?;) [ATTACH]223243[/ATTACH]

I love the bright colors and with your dark hair I see in your avatar, it will look stunning on you!

Speaking of casual, I just got this dress in the mail. I didn't like the way the other white dress I posted a few weeks ago looked, so I sent it back. Someone mentioned shopping at 6pm.com, and I gave it a shot. I love the dress, it fits beautifully and is fully lined. And it has pockets! :D Should I just do earrings and bangle bracelets, or a statement necklace in a cool color? I'm wearing my hair down, similar to the model's style. What do you think?

1536722-p-DETAILED.jpg

That's a very cute dress.......I would go with wearing a colorful necklace, maybe red or turquoise.

You might want to check out this site for jewelry.

http://jewelry.novica.com/necklaces/turquoise/

Edited by cruz4evr

Cute dress Faith. You have several options, but I'd consider the statement necklace in silver... or maybe a color. There are so many pretty ones out, maybe turquoise or even white.

zmmnht.jpg

That is very pretty! Have you decided on what type/color jewelry you'll wear with the dress?

zmmnht.jpg

Yeah I think I'll go with a statement necklace. Leaning toward something bright like turquoise or that deep orange in your dress, which I think is very cute! I love the color.

That's a very cute dress.......I would go with wearing a colorful necklace, maybe red or turquoise.

You might want to check out this site for jewelry.

http://jewelry.novica.com/necklaces/turquoise/

Thank you! There's beautiful jewelry on that site, thanks for posting :)

Well, I got my cute yellow dress in the mail the other day, and it doesn't quite fit yet. This is hampering my weight loss efforts because I have started to feel that I shouldn't wear it anyway, that it's too young for me, too prom-y, so I've almost given up on the idea of wearing it. Little bummed here...

Well, I got my cute yellow dress in the mail the other day, and it doesn't quite fit yet. This is hampering my weight loss efforts because I have started to feel that I shouldn't wear it anyway, that it's too young for me, too prom-y, so I've almost given up on the idea of wearing it. Little bummed here...

Don't be bummed... (((HUG))) You said "doesn't quite fit yet" and I see you have a few more months until you go, I'll bet you'll be losing more inches in the coming weeks. Keep at it. And I'm sure the dress it not as "prom-y" as you say. But keep on your goals and an open mind.

You can do IT!

Thanks Ms. Lois.

Don't be bummed... (((HUG))) You said "doesn't quite fit yet" and I see you have a few more months until you go, I'll bet you'll be losing more inches in the coming weeks. Keep at it. And I'm sure the dress it not as "prom-y" as you say. But keep on your goals and an open mind.

You can do IT!

Thanks Ms. Lois.

Aww, thank you! Your encouragement is so very much appreciated. I am having such a hard time getting my mind right! That was the theme of the fitness challenge at my gym last year: Get your mind right! Anyway, if you want to see the dress, it's a couple of pages back in this thread- post #510, I think.

Thanks again. I'll keep working on it. Start over tomorrow. After all, as someone once said, "Tomorrow is another day!" ;)

Anyone look at any of the Academy Awards fashions? I was not impressed except for a few here and there. I would take many of Marie's, (Porthopper) gowns, as well as some posted here,:) over what I saw. There were a number of long sleeve gowns which normally aren't seen and they weren't on "mature" women. ;)

Anyone look at any of the Academy Awards fashions? I was not impressed except for a few here and there. I would take many of Marie's, (Porthopper) gowns, as well as some posted here,:) over what I saw. There were a number of long sleeve gowns which normally aren't seen and they weren't on "mature" women. ;)

I agree, I wasn't impressed all that much this year. In case anyone wants to take a look here are some photos: 84th Academy Awards Red Carpet Photos.

Now that I've been quietly following user Curt Jerome Wild's color guidelines, I can see where a lot of the women are wearing the wrong shades for their skin tones. It's not so much the cuts of their gowns, but the coloring that throws everything off IMO. I'm learning to wear shades that work for me and it's totally changed how I shop.

Curt's Blog

A couple of his threads:

Awards Season 2011 - Cruise Wardrobe Inspirations

Awards Fashion 2010

There were two outfits that I thought were smashing, but I'm apparently alone in this thought because nobody else has commented. The interviewer with a British accent who wore a pink suit with long sleeves looked beautiful and I loved the gown worn by Penelope Cruz. I wasn't a big fan of the grey color but the style was smashing!