Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

If the dress fits right it will be comfortable and you won't be "tugging" at it all evening. Most strapless dresses either have cups built in for support or boning and stays. You don't want the dress too tight as that would be uncomfortable. I would suggest that you find a good alterations person and have them "tweak" the dress just enough to make it fit well and look well.

Drew, I did take to seam and she did take out, feel real comfortable

when standing but the sitting down, it feels a little tighter.

Will have to wear around house to decide to take it or not. :(

Found a dress for $30. Not sure if it's formal night worthy for our summer sailing on the Oasis (with the red shoes) or to pair it with casual sandals and wear it on a "regular" night?? Thoughts?

(excuse the just-out-of-the-shower look with the wet hair...not sure what the explanation for the deer in headlights look is-haha).

Cheers!

You could just bling it up with jewelry and it would be perfect for formal night .

I can't figure out how to download a pic of this dress so I can upload it to my flickr. I bought this dress as my formal night dress from Macy's in January. I got it at 45% off, plus I had a 20% off coupon, and a $25 gift certificate.

I was afraid it would make me look dumpy, but I think it rather looks cute on me!

I was wondering if I should buy silver sandals to wear with it, and since the model clearly is wearing silver shoes, I shall follow suit.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Robbie-Bee-Woman-Tiered-Chiffon-Dress_301_-1_301_502913230

I love that dress . It would look great with silver sandals !

I think it would be fun to add a pop of color with a red or purple sandal, in a style similar to the ones on the model.

Unfortunately, I can't buy a unidress shoe. (I feel like Alton Brown. NO Unitaskers!), and I don't have any other dresses that would go with a red or purple sandal. I'll probably get a bright red peony to pin in my hair or something.

Found a dress for $30. Not sure if it's formal night worthy for our summer sailing on the Oasis (with the red shoes) or to pair it with casual sandals and wear it on a "regular" night?? Thoughts?

(excuse the just-out-of-the-shower look with the wet hair...not sure what the explanation for the deer in headlights look is-haha).

Cheers!

It's hard to tell from the photo what kind of fabric it's made of and what kind of detailing it has, but I think it would work for formal night, LBD's of any kind usually look dressy no matter what the fabric. I wore something similar on the Emerald Princess in January, with red shoes too!:

IMG_0693-1-1.jpg

Cheers!

you can def. wear it on formal night! looks good :)

Thank you so much for posting the Dillards link. I don't have a Dillards near me, so I have never been to the online site. I have been looking for a particular dress Lauren by Ralp Lauren dress that is out of stock at Macy's and Nordstrom's. While browsing the Dillards site I saw the dress and they have it in my size YAY!....

Hubby and I leave for our 10th anniversary cruise on Sunday and I hope it gets here in time.

Here is a picture of the dress

2324641090106831890S200x200Q85.jpg

You're welcome for the link!

That's a great dress! I love red and the off shoulder look.

Have a great time on your upcoming cruise!

Unfortunately, I can't buy a unidress shoe. (I feel like Alton Brown. NO Unitaskers!), and I don't have any other dresses that would go with a red or purple sandal. I'll probably get a bright red peony to pin in my hair or something.

Jeannie, the pin is a great idea or you could add a pop of color with a bright necklace.

It's hard to tell from the photo what kind of fabric it's made of and what kind of detailing it has, but I think it would work for formal night, LBD's of any kind usually look dressy no matter what the fabric. I wore something similar on the Emerald Princess in January, with red shoes too!:

IMG_0693-1-1.jpg

I love your dress and it works great with the red shoes!

May I ask where you purchased the dress from?

I love your dress and it works great with the red shoes!

May I ask where you purchased the dress from?

Thank you! I bought the dress at Ross in December for $13.99! I already had the shoes, and debated about whether to wear them or buy some silver strappy sandals, but I really liked the more "current" look that the shoes gave to the outfit.

So I've been lurking this thread for awhile...did ask some questions. I love seeing everyones beautiful dresses. Marie...you have the most beautiful sense of style!!! How many dresses did you bring onboard? I believe you were on a very long cruise. I am terrible about posting pics on line....I get so confused on how to do it :confused: :o. I'll give it a try when we return fromour upcoming cruise. Keep them coming ladies!!!

Thank you! I bought the dress at Ross in December for $13.99! I already had the shoes, and debated about whether to wear them or buy some silver strappy sandals, but I really liked the more "current" look that the shoes gave to the outfit.

Wow! That's a great bargain. I love to shop at Ross but can only do so when I am visiting mom in Maryland since we don't have the store in our state.

As a newbie to cruising and this site, i have been perusing this part of the forum, i have thoroughly enjoyed looking at everyones dresses, Lexipoo (Marie) i adore your dresses, i cannot believe how many different ones you have, how have you got them all in your suitcase!!!! You look beautiful in each and everyone x

http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/silky-belted-tank-dress/100987690/500

I just bought this purple "silk" dress. It looks better on of course. It manages to have a straight cut without clinging in the wrong spots ;). It kind of has a retro vibe. I plan to pair it with black heels and a very sparkly bracelet and earrings. AND it was only $39. I like that I can wear it on the cruise as well as other places. :D

Hello ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone. I had a cold and ordered room service for a week. I am back to the main dinning room.

7007587085_b46a00d973_b.jpg

7007587083_ee767cc801_b.jpg

6993067059_afc523d1e0_b.jpg

Brought a matching shoes for this gown, but I could not get them on, my right foot was a bit swollen.

va va voom love the red dress!!!!