Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I will chime in and agree that the teal dress is very flattering and I can see you looking beautiful in the formal pictures!

Congrats on your weight loss and if you are bothered by your upper arms then you could wear a lace or lacy crocheted shrug in silver or gold if you would feel better.

You are making me spend money this morning.:p I liked this dress so much I went to SOMA to order it. Had it in my shopping cart and when I went to check out, it showed no longer available:mad:...not to worry, I purchased two other dresses instead, both were on sale and I received a 10% discount for signing up for their email newsletter.

Thanks Lois!

Donna

Hi Donna, glad you found 2 dresses:D

Not sure this is going to work, but here goes.

These are two dresses I'm planning to bring with me on our upcoming cruise. I'm most concerned about the teal one. It's nothing like anything I've ever worn in my life. It's much more form fitting than anything I'd normally choose. I love it, but I'm not sure it looks o.k. Neither dress is something I'd usually wear, actually, as I never wear sleeveless dresses for obvious reasons.

However, a lot of my current body problems come from having lost 143 lbs. I feel good, but am no longer sure what looks good or what is even appropriate any more. Right now, I'm feeling like nothing looks good. I thought shopping would be easier, but it's much more confusing now.

So, what do you think? Please be honest, I can take it. Should I forget these and look for something else, or are these be o.k? (Oh, yeah, I'm sure hair and makeup will help the overall look, so please try to ignore that!)

Thanks!

That teal dress on you is WONDERFUL.

I love the teal dress on you (I have one about the same color only with more layers down the dress). The other one is cute too, and wow, big congrats on the weight loss. I can't seem to lose 10 stinking pounds--due solely to poor will power.

Nebr.cruiser, Irishlassie, iheartbda, ellecruiser, host faith, divasdare

All of you are so encouraging and supportive. i love this thread!:) Will definitely wear this then!

cheers,

Jo

Please post a nice big picture when you get back.:)

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the Springtime!:) Had to share my latest purchase from my favorite website. I love the dress with the bow on the neckline and the lady has said they can make it in my favorite color of "green". Another infamous green dress!:D

804312003_Newcruisedress.jpg.271c6eb440af25e639b8225ca3e82506.jpg

You are making me spend money this morning.:p I liked this dress so much I went to SOMA to order it. Had it in my shopping cart and when I went to check out, it showed no longer available:mad:...not to worry, I purchased two other dresses instead, both were on sale and I received a 10% discount for signing up for their email newsletter.

Thanks Lois!

Donna

I love Soma. They sometimes email me coupon codes for 50% off one item if you buy a second. For the second items I buy underwear...they have the most comfortable, best fitting panties, and the vanishing back bras are my favorite.

Hi Ladies' date='[/b']

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the Springtime!:) Had to share my latest purchase from my favorite website. I love the dress with the bow on the neckline and the lady has said they can make it in my favorite color of "green". Another infamous green dress!:D

Love the dress, Sherrie! I'm still waiting on one that she has to go down in price :). It's the one shoulder chiffon gown, I just love it. Will let you know if I decide to just go ahead and purchase :D

We're getting ready for our cruise nx mo. with our kids. Can't wait. I'm just wearing the "red dress" that I posted awhile back with some BEAUTIFUL shoes I also got from Dillard's. I will post pics when we return of all of us. I'm taking my DIL's shopping the wk.end before the cruise to look for cocktail dress's. Maybe after we get back, we can plan something to meet up. Would love that!

Yes' date=' I am also a "Sherrie Lynn" and the lady that ask the question is "Lynne". Just to make things a little more fun. [/b']

Just wondering, are you from the South by any chance? Reason being, most Southern ladies are usually called by both given names.;):):D And I will say it before someone else does, sadly the same thing goes for a lot of Southern gentlemen, such as Billy Bob!:eek::D

Lets get really confused!! I am Sherrie Lynn too!! :D

I was trying to post a bigger picture but cannot figure how to do it. Any advice will be most welcome.

Jo:)

Do you have a photo storage site like Photobucket, Picasa, etc.? If you don't, you can sign up for one and they are free. I use Photobucket but they are all pretty much the same and easy to use. You will be able to post larger pictures through one of these sites.

Love the dress, Sherrie! I'm still waiting on one that she has to go down in price :). It's the one shoulder chiffon gown, I just love it. Will let you know if I decide to just go ahead and purchase :D

We're getting ready for our cruise nx mo. with our kids. Can't wait. I'm just wearing the "red dress" that I posted awhile back with some BEAUTIFUL shoes I also got from Dillard's. I will post pics when we return of all of us. I'm taking my DIL's shopping the wk.end before the cruise to look for cocktail dress's. Maybe after we get back, we can plan something to meet up. Would love that!

Can hardly wait to see..not sure which dress you are talking about..she has several one shoulder gowns. You might even just email her and see if she will lower the price.

The one I bought last night is on sale, so I just asked her if I could get the dress in green....she wrote back and said that yes and then she told me that she knew all the dresses I had bought and she told me that she would even knock more off on the dress if I wanted it! I didn't even think about asking...I was ready to pay the amount she was asking on the website. It's a possibility that she would do that for you.

Are you thinking about a certain color? I love that royal blue gown that you wore! Such a beautiful color and the dress looked amazing on you!:)

Do you have a photo storage site like Photobucket, Picasa, etc.? If you don't, you can sign up for one and they are free. I use Photobucket but they are all pretty much the same and easy to use. You will be able to post larger pictures through one of these sites.

No, i don't have either photobucket or picasa. Will sign up and then try to post. I normally store my photos in my computer and then send attachments from there.

tks,

jo

Not sure this is going to work, but here goes.

These are two dresses I'm planning to bring with me on our upcoming cruise. I'm most concerned about the teal one. It's nothing like anything I've ever worn in my life. It's much more form fitting than anything I'd normally choose. I love it, but I'm not sure it looks o.k. Neither dress is something I'd usually wear, actually, as I never wear sleeveless dresses for obvious reasons.

However, a lot of my current body problems come from having lost 143 lbs. I feel good, but am no longer sure what looks good or what is even appropriate any more. Right now, I'm feeling like nothing looks good. I thought shopping would be easier, but it's much more confusing now.

So, what do you think? Please be honest, I can take it. Should I forget these and look for something else, or are these be o.k? (Oh, yeah, I'm sure hair and makeup will help the overall look, so please try to ignore that!)

Thanks!

You look fantastic, congratulations on the weight loss. Honestly, I like the teal one much more than the other, it's younger and more sophisticated, imo.

Sherrie Lynn, AKA Drew's Wife, could you tell me how many dresses you have?:)

A boatload!:D Seriously way too many and I keep telling Drew that I am going to start getting rid of some of them...I know there are over a dozen evening gowns and proabably twice that many cocktail dresses.

The good thing, I never pay really high prices for dresses to wear on cruises. We love having the photos on the cruises, and this way I can justify buying more.:rolleyes:;)

I really do plan to weed some things from my closet once things slow down at work for the Summer. I really need the space. A couple years ago, I changed all the hangers in our closets to the space savers! Thank goodness for that...I love them...so much more room for dresses! :D

Wow! Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

The teal dress will definitely go on the cruise to be worn on formal night. I'll try not to feel too self conscious in it! I'm definitely uncomfortable about my upper arms, but they are what they are and I'll have to deal.

If I'm honest, I'll admit that the teal dress does make me feel great--feminine and sexy. Maybe I'm a little uncomfortable with it because I'm not used to feeling like that?

Now, I just need to learn to be comfortable in a bathing suit. Don't worry, I'm not posting pictures of THAT! LOL!

Thanks again. I'm still a little nervous, but feel a LOT better!