Trayless McNoTray

elcuchio24

I'll add my 2 cents worth in as well! Those trays sure make it easier for me or DH to get our 3 y/o plate back to the table so everyone can eat together. Multiple trips are not an issue unless you are looking at 3 or 4 trips just to get breakfast for myself and my child, while DH sits with her. I think Carnival might want to reconsider this one simply due to families with small children and as some people have posted, those with disabilities and the elderly. Trays make it easier to fill two plates for two people and only have to go through the line once.

I'll add my 2 cents worth in as well! Those trays sure make it easier for me or DH to get our 3 y/o plate back to the table so everyone can eat together. Multiple trips are not an issue unless you are looking at 3 or 4 trips just to get breakfast for myself and my child' date=' while DH sits with her. I think Carnival might want to reconsider this one simply due to families with small children and as some people have posted, those with disabilities and the elderly. Trays make it easier to fill two plates for two people and only have to go through the line once.[/quote']

This is exactly the issue I had. I'm glad to see someone else feels the same way.

I asked John Heald about the the trays and here is the response he gave:

All the ships will eventually replace the cheap caffeteria type trays with large oval plates that act like trays themselves. We had them on the Carnival Magic while I was there and we didnt recieve any negative comments. You can put multiple items on there although I guess you have to use two hands if you want main course and a desert. As I said though, they look great and do the job well. Maybe you could add this to the link thingy over there. Cheers Brian and my best to you and the family

So basically, trays are going away.

Sooooo, John is saying they are being replaced. Cool, but I already knew that. Still haven't heard of a REASON for the replacement. Oh well.:cool:

It's a pain in the neck to have no trays. I like to go up to the buffet while DH is napping and grab a few "appetizers" and drinks to take back to the room. (If I wanted what's on room service, I would order room service)

Sometimes, one or the other of us will want to run up for an early breakfast and coffee and bring some down for the other. It's a real pain to juggle 2 hot coffees (yes, I know, I know - room service...) and even one plate of pastries or whatever whilst trying to quietly unlock the door.

I'm a fan of trays.

Ya really!!! Some of us don't like our food all piled on top of each other. My salad goes on a salad plate and my deserts have their own plate too! So judgmental around here.

i don't even like the food in the same meal touching each other!

So it seems the majority of no tray complainers are "table hogs".

I am not a table hog... and I am complaining... I dont need to stack up my food... but I do not want my salad and the rest of my meal on the same plate...

These platters are very big... I dont see how it is going to save from having wasted food...

I am single... so I am alone... I really dont like the thought of leaving my food to go grab some coffee or something to drink... I also dont like leaving a drink on the table while I go get my food.... I can't carry a hot platter and a hot coffee with the wind blowing and crowds bumping into me... it could end up with someone getting burned....

So for those of us that are alone... we could really use trays... as well as those with kids, and disabled....

I mean really, what did it hurt to have those trays? Nothing... It does cause problems tho, not having them for some of us who are not fortunate to have someone else sitting with their drinks or helping to carry the coffee....

So it seems the majority of no tray complainers are "table hogs".

I didn't get that from any of these posts. I just think for those people who need to get a plate for someone else in the family (i.e. children, elderly, disabled), the tray makes it easier to carry two plates and two drinks. I don't think that's being a "table hog." If anything, it allows us as a family to all eat at the same time and finish our meal more quickly as one of us is not making multiple trips to get one plate for our child and make another trip for myself.

How sad! :mad:
Perhaps sleazy is a better word if complaining is done

"to get 10 then 15 then 20 percent off my next best priced cruise" and then constantly posting how lousy Carnival is.

Then to top it off, bragging about it afterwords. Ya - sleazy works. Some people are shameless I guess.

I am not a table hog... and I am complaining... I dont need to stack up my food... but I do not want my salad and the rest of my meal on the same plate...

These platters are very big... I dont see how it is going to save from having wasted food...

I am single... so I am alone... I really dont like the thought of leaving my food to go grab some coffee or something to drink... I also dont like leaving a drink on the table while I go get my food.... I can't carry a hot platter and a hot coffee with the wind blowing and crowds bumping into me... it could end up with someone getting burned....

So for those of us that are alone... we could really use trays... as well as those with kids, and disabled....

I mean really, what did it hurt to have those trays? Nothing... It does cause problems tho, not having them for some of us who are not fortunate to have someone else sitting with their drinks or helping to carry the coffee....

I agree. The big plates are great, and if that's all you need than that's fine. But it sounds like the trays made it much more convenient for alot of folks, so if they are going to remove them, I wish they'd explain a good reason for it.

Archived