Airlines messing with flights

rtw68

Kind of aggravated, but things will turn out fine. Can't wait to go for our cruise!

I have been checking our flights at least once a month since we booked them in May, and I'll be darned if they didn't move our 3:30PM flight out of Orlando back to 12:35PM (actually cancelled the 3:30PM flight and no longer offer it).

Considering we will be in Port Canaveral and have to have time to get off the Dream and get to Orlando, I thought that was pushing our luck to make a 12:35PM flight.

The bummer is the old flight was a direct 2 1/2 hour flight to Cleveland, now it will be a 6 hour flight (going through Houston) back to Cleveland. Good news is I caught it in time and it was at no charge (because they cancelled the 3:30PM flight).

Word of advice, check your flights regularly! They didn't notify me at all of that significant a change.

Kind of aggravated, but things will turn out fine. Can't wait to go for our cruise!

I have been checking our flights at least once a month since we booked them in May, and I'll be darned if they didn't move our 3:30PM flight out of Orlando back to 12:35PM (actually cancelled the 3:30PM flight and no longer offer it).

Considering we will be in Port Canaveral and have to have time to get off the Dream and get to Orlando, I thought that was pushing our luck to make a 12:35PM flight.

The bummer is the old flight was a direct 2 1/2 hour flight to Cleveland, now it will be a 6 hour flight (going through Houston) back to Cleveland. Good news is I caught it in time and it was at no charge (because they cancelled the 3:30PM flight).

Word of advice, check your flights regularly! They didn't notify me at all of that significant a change.

AA did that to us in Jan for our August flights. Thankfully, I did not settle for their alternate flights and got a refund. It started out a 2 1/2 hr direct flight and they wanted us to fly west or way up north for a 7 hr flight. Nope not me, LOL

Things worked out well for us though. When Irene decided to poop on VA and parts North all but 2 flights were cancelled from RDU. Our JB flight was one of them:D Had we stayed with AA we would have missed our cruise.

I check my flights regularly too. In August, I noticed they were no longer there so I called the airlines. The change had just occurred and they would email me soon. While on the phone with the CSR, I went ahead and confirmed what the changes were. Anyway - "soon" turned out to be 33 days later that the email came. Good thing I don't leave until January...

Thankfully, our flight going down to Orlando is still going through, I asked them (ha ha) if they would be possibly changing that too, and they said that it would have happened by now (since we fly in 63 days).

We will see! I will keep checking them regularly until we fly out.

I don't trust the airlines at all, its no wonder the industry as a whole was rated 2nd worst (I think compared to the building industry).

I went through this a few years ago with Delta. Booked in Feb. for a July cruise and booked from RDU which is a 3 hour drive for us but way cheaper than flying from our small, local airport. I had SEVEN flight changes before it was all over. The only one I was notified of was at 30 days prior.

Our nonstops became connections, then changed to not arriving back at RDU post cruise until midnight instead of 3pm. Another change had our flight from Florida arriving into Atlanta 30 minutes after the connection departed. The non-English speaking rep I got on the phone said to me, "Why you book this flight this way?" :mad::eek: Umm, I didn't!

I finally got a nice rep on one of the calls who told me to check at least every two weeks and that the flights could change so much that they wouldn't even bother sending the final notification of flights until 30 days out. She also said that options for changes might be very limited at that point. It all worked out in the end but I had to stay on top of them - after about the 4th call, I pointed out that I had booked nonstops and that if I wanted to do connections I could have flown from home instead of driving three hours to and from the airport. They actually switched my flights at no charge to our local airport and kept my $179 rate - even though local flights were over $600pp. No wonder the airlines are nearly bankrupt, though.

Airlines drive me crazy. Finally bit the bullet and booked for San Juan in April, but not b/4 exploring all avenues and times. Seems like the rates change daily. Why don't airlines put out a reasonable rate and quit playing the games. You used to be able to take a chance by waiting.

Yep. not happy Jetblue just changed our February flights by 3 hours:(

Nothing better to switch to.

They did that to me for my flight home for my sailing next week. I had a 6pm meeting that I needed to be at, now I'm not getting into Boston until 6pm. Wouldn't give me a refund since it was "within their stated timeframe of cancellation refunds or something like that"...how convenient :mad:. Its not what I booked, I should have been able to get a refund.

Frontier Airlines has made two changes since I bought the tickets (7 months early, by the way, which is probably part of the problem). On the last switch, they sent me about 1000 miles out of the way on a stop-over, so I finally called and they gave me another flight. I didn't even bother printing out the information, considering there's still 72 days to go, and more changes may still come.

:eek: After reading this, I just went to check our JetBlue flights for January and so far, no changes! Whew!! Note to self--keep checking JetBlue website for flight changes! ;)

Another thing to check if they change your flight. We were 5 women seated in two rows (3 and 2). We booked early since thats when gas prices were really high and nobody knew how high they were going to go. When they changed our flight, they changed our seats...only 2 of us were sitting together. The other 3 were in individual seats :mad:.

They didn't have 2 rows that we could have sat in so the CSR who told me she "was in a good mood that day" and moved us to the Extra Leg Room seats free of charge...wasn't that just so nice of them :rolleyes:

I agree!!! We fly Delta thru ATL to FLL for all cruises out of FLL. Delta changes flights at least once a month. I check every week.

Our flight for Oct 16 has been changed 6 times 2 required later flight then they changed back to earlier flight.

Always a game with Delta

One time on Delta, they had me arriving in Detroit a half hr after my connecting flight left.

When I called, I told her I don't know how to parachute from one plane to another. Of course she changed my flight times to one that will work.

She also said it is done by automatic computer.

Melanie

One time on Delta, they had me arriving in Detroit a half hr after my connecting flight left.

When I called, I told her I don't know how to parachute from one plane to another. Of course she changed my flight times to one that will work.

Melanie

I believe that, USAirways has changed our flights that we purchased in Jan for our cruise next month 3 times already. When I tried to get an agent at the airport to help me update the itinerary, they wee not even aware of the flight changes but they could see that I was booked to fly into San Juan twice on the same day, so I had to spend an hour on the phone getting their schedule change fixed. We are still losing a day after our cruise because of the Monday flights schedules now.

I am so beyond frustrated with Delta about changes in our flights... they have moved up the connecting flight to have a 47 min layover from a 1.5 hr layover... in ATLANTA! I called and the CSR said "we only need 35 minutes to have a good connection" Really makes me wonder if the CSR has ever been to Atlanta trying to make a connection.

Melanie

Delta just did that to us. Have us leaving LaGuardia before we actually land. Wouldn't you think the computers could catch this! We booked our flights about 2 months ago, already have had 3 changes:(

We leave for a couple of fun days and our Miracle Cruise in 7 days!! We were originally booked to fly on United flights operated by Continental. I cannot tell you how many times they changed our flights...it seemed like a daily occurrence!! Then they changed our return flight a significant amount, with a connection that left 20 minutes before we arrived. I called and changed that flight to one that was more convenient for us. When on the phone with the CSR of our online travel site she informed us that our outgoing flight had also been canceled.

Ugh...I waited for United to inform me of this...didn't happen. So I went onto both United and Continental's sites to check my itinerary. United still had me on my original 12:30am flight and Continental had me on a flight that left Sacramento at 6:15 am arriving in Houston at 11:30am my connecting flight left Houston at 7:35 arriving in FT. Lauderdale at 10:53. I called and asked them to tell me how that would be possible!! All she could tell me was that the computer puts you on the next available flight! My husband programs computers for a living so I know that you can make a computer program that can figure out a 24 hour clock and not have you leaving before you arrive.

We have since canceled these nonrefundable flights with no penalty due to the fact that they changed our flight times by more than four hours and are now flying Southwest!

American Express travel is worse.

I had booked a flight from South Bend to Baltimore, going and coming back through Chicago.

They updated my flight, and on the way back, they had me land in Chicago, after that, nothing.

When I called, she cheerfully mentioned that they also had cancelled the flight from South Bend. Then she said if I wasn't happy, I could cancel at no charge. Of course, I said I wasn't happy...lol.

Booked again at Delta..that is the only choice for me. Cheaper, too.

It was actually Carnival which goofed up my schedule. When I booked my cruise, we were originally supposed to dock at 8AM which meant I could not make a 10:30AM international flight home from Barcelona. I booked on USAir for the following day which I did not particularly want to do- anxious to get home plus spend for another hotel.

Then a month later, the dock time was changed to 5 AM which meant we could get home that day instead.

USAir would not change the date without a high fee so we stayed an extra day. I meant several people at the airport who were in the same situation.

Make sure to keep checking the ship's arrival time before you book your flight!!!

I will do anything possible to STAY away from connecting through ATL. even if it means getting me home a little later. Flying U S air to San Juan in April and so far no changes. Blame it on the computers , they can't answer back so easy way out. NOW if we can just get some CSR that speak some English that we can understand would be helpful also.

American Express travel is worse.

I had booked a flight from South Bend to Baltimore, going and coming back through Chicago.

They updated my flight, and on the way back, they had me land in Chicago, after that, nothing.

When I called, she cheerfully mentioned that they also had cancelled the flight from South Bend. Then she said if I wasn't happy, I could cancel at no charge. Of course, I said I wasn't happy...lol.

Booked again at Delta..that is the only choice for me. Cheaper, too.

I love my AE card and used their travel agency to book a cruise and flight, because I used by AE points for money off the cruise. I got a notice that on my flight from home to Miami the day before the cruise had been changed by US Airway from 6 PM(they had cancelled it) to 10 PM, which meant I would not get to the hotel until past midnight. I called AE Travel and talked to a woman with an accent(think it might be outsourced to another country) and she told me she she would be glad to change it to the 2:30 PM flight and the charge would be...I stopped her right there-asked for a supervisor and proceeded to tell her that I was not changing by choice, but because the flight cancelled, and I should have the option to go earlier, as opposed to later. I do not have the friendliest sounding voice(my nickname at work is Bulldog and I am proud of it!) and did not waiver in what I wanted and got the flight changed to the earlier flight, at no cost. End of story.

I have checked my Continental flight to Miami in Nov regularly and the schedule has not changed.

However, yesterday I also checked my assigned seats and found that my seat to Miami had been moved back 4 rows. I am now in front of the exit row which means my seat will not recline and there are no other aisle seats available. Its not a big deal since its only a 3 hr flight, but it is annoying, particularly since I am Elite so I do not understand why they would move me. Hopefully, I will be able to move when I check in.

Our Delta flights for January have been changed 5 times now...each time, it's only by an hour or two..but it keeps getting further and further away from the original times.

I'm just not even looking again for awhile. We are fairly flexible - flying to Orlando the day before the cruise and not flying home until the day after.

Thankfully it's a one way flight with no time restrictions...as long as the flight stays on the same day, I'm okay. But jeez, it's ridiculous.

Archived