Why is LOS sailing a 4 day itin?

delta13

Not sure why you were surprised:confused:....none of the med sailings have had high demand for USA'rs....the ships weren't brought across the pond for the American market...they were brought for the European market....it's only when demand in Europe slowed that the push to try to sell them to the US market was on.....but it hasn't worked......air-fare is the killer....in a poor economy people are going to trend closer to home...especially with a currency exchange that works against them.

I was surprised because the ships weren't as full as the USA based ships I've been on and the extreme lack of C&A members onboard..Have only been on 2 European based cruises..so yes..it was a surprise...:eek:

For those that have to travel from a long way and have a bit more vacation time a B2B of two 5-day cruises on Liberty is a way to create a pretty decent 10 day cruise. You can string together a Fort Lauderdale - Labadee - Falmouth - Fort Lauderdale itinerary with a Fort Lauderdale - Belize - Cozumel - Fort Lauderdale itinerary for variety.

Take a look at the most prime spring break week.....4/1/12.....Freedom balcony pricing has jumped above Oasis balcony pricing.....and they are both on the western route...... seems like strong demand for Freedom class.

There ya go.

I think a lot of their marketing/pricing is going to be geared around filling up the Oasis class. Maybe they're not concerned about it at all and I'm totally wrong... but that's my opinion.

The reason that Liberty is doing shorter cruises and not Navigator is because Navigator was originally scheduled to be in Europe this winter. It's likely that Navigator would be the ship doing 4/5 night cruises and Liberty would be the ship doing 6/8 night cruises if they originally planned for Navigator to be here this winter.

Also, I heard that RCI had to guarantee a certain number of passenger

cruise days out of Port Everglades when they contracted with the port

as part of the terminal expansion for Oasis class ships.

Navigator is going to NOLA. Liberty is replacing her, from Miami, for winter

season next year.

Being locals, we like the 5/5/4 day cruises....fit our work schedule much better

than the 7-day cruises.

:cool:

Hi,

I am glad that the Liberty of the Seas is doing the 4 and 5 day cruises this winter. I am booked on the Dec. 15, 2011 cruise. I have done many cruises with Royal Caribbean, but I have never cruised aboard a Freedom class ship. This gives me a chance to try the Liberty of the Seas and only miss three days of work. Considering that the four day cruise has two full days at sea, there is a decent amount of time to enjoy the ship. I did this same itinerary this past March on the Navigator of the Seas and had a great time.

Last month, I cruised aboard the Allure of the Seas (what an amazing ship). I really enjoy comparing the different ships.

Chuck

I guess it all depends on one's personal opinion of what a "decent amount of time" is.;)

2 years ago Oasis was the new toy...

A lot of vacationers are coming back favoring the Freedom class.. I could be wrong but I feel strongly about this. With the Liberty on a 7 day itinerary, they would essentially be competing with themselves..

You're not wrong... they don't want any competition for the Oasis/Allure and be able to keep prices up..My 8 nighter last March on the Indy was priced so much lower than the Oasis that was leaving the same day...similar itinerary but one less night...

Stags, I was not trying to say that you were wrong. I am sure RCI will do what ever they have to to protect that mega investment of theirs. And there are things that I also prefer of the Freedom class ships over Oasis. We had a blast on Oasis but I would have no issue going back to the Freedom class.

Ashland, we also had much better pricing for Indy over Oasis and got the extra day. I can still so vividly remember standing on the deck of Independence watching Oasis sail out ahead of us and not feeling the slightest bit of remorse over my decision over my choice in cruises. Of course, one year later I was standing on the deck of Oasis and feeling pretty good about that decision too.:D

Which sailing did you do on the Navigator in March? It would be interesting, since we are both doing the same cruise in December, if we were both on the same one in March as well. We did the 4-night Navigator sailing that left March 17th (St Patricks day)

We will be on the Liberty with you, just missed you on the Navigator in March (the 31st), and possibly the Majesty in December (Christmas weekend). Guess we are good examples of what appeals to people who live in South Florida and are still working.

We will be on the Liberty with you, just missed you on the Navigator in March (the 31st), and possibly the Majesty in December (Christmas weekend). Guess we are good examples of what appeals to people who live in South Florida and are still working.

Yes, we did this same weekend on the Majesty last year (it was a 3-nighter the weekend befor Christmas, the 12/17th sailing) We like that weekend ahead (much cheaper, the decorations and atmosphere are already there, and not having to take the DD to school when we get back works well) Very true, there are a lot of floridians on those sailings!

Have two upcoming Liberty booked and so looking forward to it, as it sounds like its one of frequest cruisers favorites. Being Floridians, my daughter and I are so over the Majesty and have overdosed on the Navigator also for the short haul cruises. Our lot in life now if getting on different RCI ships to enjoy. Its hard to pass up the prices on the winter Liberty cruises though so end up double booking it. We are squeezing in the Jewel between our two Liberty sailings. We love the short haul cruises as we don't have to take too much time off of work. We were even to get on the Allure when she first arrived for a 4 night cruise. Luckily living in So. Florida we can take advantage of these cruises without worrying about airfare.

Have two upcoming Liberty booked and so looking forward to it, as it sounds like its one of frequest cruisers favorites. Being Floridians, my daughter and I are so over the Majesty and have overdosed on the Navigator also for the short haul cruises. Our lot in life now if getting on different RCI ships to enjoy. Its hard to pass up the prices on the winter Liberty cruises though so end up double booking it. We are squeezing in the Jewel between our two Liberty sailings. We love the short haul cruises as we don't have to take too much time off of work. We were even to get on the Allure when she first arrived for a 4 night cruise. Luckily living in So. Florida we can take advantage of these cruises without worrying about airfare.

We were on that one also, LOL.

Which sailing did you do on the Navigator in March? It would be interesting, since we are both doing the same cruise in December, if we were both on the same one in March as well. We did the 4-night Navigator sailing that left March 17th (St Patricks day)

Hi,

I was two weeks ahead of you--the sailing that departed on March 3.

Chuck

I guess it all depends on one's personal opinion of what a "decent amount of time" is.;)

Hi,

I like the fact that this four-day itinerary spends two full days at sea. I think this is a much better itinerary than the four-day Bahamas cruises that have no sea days. Two sea days on a four-day cruise is a good ratio. Of course, I prefer the longer cruises, but these short cruises are a lot of fun.

Chuck

They didn't bring Navigator back for no reason. Now, if I can only arrange to get Indy back.:):)

Who said that they brought the Navigator back early for no reason? That they did only serves to prove my premise that they will deploy their ships where they believe that they can make the most profit. It is profitability or lack thereof that will bring Indy to the US, not anything special that we can do. If Europe is such a disaster perhaps you can explain why Princess recently announced that they were deploying the same large number of their ships in that region next year as they did this year. We still see a large great degree of interest in tours of European location despite the "outrageously high" airfares involved.

Who said that they brought the Navigator back early for no reason? That they did only serves to prove my premise that they will deploy their ships where they believe that they can make the most profit. It is profitability or lack thereof that will bring Indy to the US, not anything special that we can do. If Europe is such a disaster perhaps you can explain why Princess recently announced that they were deploying the same large number of their ships in that region next year as they did this year. We still see a large great degree of interest in tours of European location despite the "outrageously high" airfares involved.

Negc, I was agreeing with you as in... they brought Navigator back just for the reason that you had previously mentioned. Maybe I didn't make that clear. And, obvious, I don't really think there is anything I can do to bring Indy back. Don't have a arguement with yourself and while you are at it work on the sense of humor a bit.;)

[quote name='Ocean Boy']Negc, I was agreeing with you as in... they brought Navigator back just for the reason that you had previously mentioned. Maybe I didn't make that clear. And, obvious, I don't really think there is anything I can do to bring Indy back. Don't have a arguement with yourself and while you are at it work on the sense of humor a bit.;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry I misread your post and I promise to work on that sense of humor.:D

Archived