Last Minute Travel and Hotel Identification

misty57

Looking through hotels listed with LMT, I realized that the unidentified hotels did include a description with photos. If you look carefully, some of the photos show meeting facilities with a screen with the hotel name and logo!. You can also tell what hotel it is if you have researched enough hotels in the area on Tripadvisor by comparing the pictures as they often use the same photos as the hotel website. The discounts are ok but not phenomenal. I'm looking for February, so that may be one reason.

How do you do a mock booking?

Just pretend you are booking the hotel and add a car rental and then the name of the hotel comes up.

I also want to add that the car rentals do not pop up for every city. If not offered then this trick will not work.

YEs, sometimes the hotels doesn't offer to add a car. But if offered you can add any type of add on offered..limo transfer, siteseeing tour etc

Just click on "book" or "select" or whatever it says to do to purchase the night, give them a name or whatever they ask for (NOT credit card info) and then choose an add-on and then to the right of the page, they will show your final amount due WITH the hotel's name. Then log off the page without going to the billing page. ;)

I read that tip from an earlier post. I was lucky in June to have booked the Crowne Plaza, FLL airport for Feb. 24 and March 4-6 for only $85 per night (taxes included.) Haven't seen anything even comparable. I know the motel isn't really close to anything but I figure my friend and I can split the taxi to the Water Taxie and ride that all day for some sightseeing and still be way ahead. Good luck with your search.

Looking through hotels listed with LMT, I realized that the unidentified hotels did include a description with photos. If you look carefully, some of the photos show meeting facilities with a screen with the hotel name and logo!. You can also tell what hotel it is if you have researched enough hotels in the area on Tripadvisor by comparing the pictures as they often use the same photos as the hotel website. The discounts are ok but not phenomenal. I'm looking for February, so that may be one reason.
I see the one that you are speaking of:p

I read that tip from an earlier post. I was lucky in June to have booked the Crowne Plaza, FLL airport for Feb. 24 and March 4-6 for only $85 per night (taxes included.) Haven't seen anything even comparable. I know the motel isn't really close to anything but I figure my friend and I can split the taxi to the Water Taxie and ride that all day for some sightseeing and still be way ahead. Good luck with your search.

I remember reading shuttle to the convention center is free and there is a water taxi stop there. We will be there at the end of the month and I will report back.

Thank for the tips. Me and my daughter who is 23 will be in FLL on the 24th and 25th of february 2012. The rates are scary on hotels. 200$ to 600$ I am hoping to find something on 17th street $150 would be workable, as long as I was near the water taxi, we are getting in at 10 am so we have the whole day to take in some sights. I need some luck with that. Im am 100% green. This will be my first cruise and first time on price line LMT. Every time I get on CC I learn something new. :)

Thank for the tips. Me and my daughter who is 23 will be in FLL on the 24th and 25th of february 2012. The rates are scary on hotels. 200$ to 600$ I am hoping to find something on 17th street $150 would be workable, as long as I was near the water taxi, we are getting in at 10 am so we have the whole day to take in some sights. I need some luck with that. Im am 100% green. This will be my first cruise and first time on price line LMT. Every time I get on CC I learn something new. :)

February is super high peak time. :eek: What you need to do now is book something that can be cancelled later. Last min. travel allows cancelations for I believe a $25 fee. In the meantime, you need to study the priceline techniques. Use betterbidding.com to help you. Also check last minute travel every other day or so to watch the pricing.

Right now everything is high. But a month before, if there are some vacancies, some hotels will offer a FEW rooms on Priceline, last min., hotwire etc. No guarantees, but if you see a great deal, then cancel your other res and get the deal .

With no car you will want to stay downtown or near the beach. Unfortunately those will be the highest rates.

Use the LMT.UK site , tells the hotels no guessing.Pictures are identical. The price is in pounds for the UK.

Another 'sisiter' site which is north american is easyclicktravel.com - you may be able to find/identify your hotels there! :)

Archived