Live From The Ruby Princess Med-T/A 10-19-11

Woobstr112G

Thanks, Bob. We'll be on the Ruby for the first time in Dec for our first New Year's cruise. Thanks for all the posts on activities. Could you tell me what the gym is like and what kind of classes they have, please?

Take care,

The gymhas great equipment. It's crowded in the morning. I've seen stretching and yoga classes. They also offer personal trainer classes (fee based).

Bob

Good morning from the Ruby Princess. Slow internet today. Today is a leisurely day at sea en route to Lisbon. Funny thing about the weather. The Patters said it was suppose to be partially cloudy all day. Right now it's total overcast and rain. Not much planned for today. Might watch a couple of movies I have on my IPad or read my Kindle. Tonight a group from our roll call are having dinner in Sabatinis.

Today's entertainment is Beyonce in concert (MUTS) at 1200. Trux 2 will be doing aerobatics in the Piazza at 1300 & 1445. After that music melodies by the ship's musicians between 1645 & 2130. MUTS also has the movie Help at 1300 with Ghostbusters playing at 1530. The evening movie will be Source Code at 1915 & 2215. In Club Fusion there will be pre dinner ballroom dancing between 1715 & 1800. Pianist Pawel Pokora will be in Adagio between 1915 & 2330. Dancing to the Jess Beck Quartet will be in the Wheelhouse Bar between 1930 - 2030 & 2115 - 2245. In the Explorers lounge there will be comedic hypnotist David Knight at 2030 & 2230. In the princess theater there will be the production show Stardust at 2030 & 2230.

Hope all have a great day.....:):):)

Bob

Bob,

Have to tell you; last night there were frost warnings in Palmdale and for today (Thursday) there is high wind and Santa Ana conditions as well as high temperatures predicated.

Keep having a wonderful time.

Are you going to try for the Chef's Table on this cruise?

Unfortunetely no. I was so looking forward to doing the CT with Generoso but I didn't make the cut. Two T/A cruises in a row on the Ruby where we wern't choosen. Got our rejection letter last night.....:(:(:(

Bob

Good morning from the Ruby Princess. We are about 3 hours from Libson. The seas last night were quite rough. They've calmed down a bit but are still rather rough.

Last night we had our roll call dinner in Sabatinis. I like the new menu style. Actually came away from dinner not feeling stuffed. Another plus was it didn't take three hours. The food was good but as with my previous Sabatinis experiences it didn't blow me away. The service was excellent. After dinner DW and I saw a funny hypnotist in the Explorers lounge.

Today in Lisbon we don't have anything planned. We may get off later and walk around a bit. Our stay in Lisbon is only 6 hours.

Nothing much more to report. Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Hi, we will be on the Ruby Princess in January, is there anyway to reserve the Chef's Table ahead of time or do you just have to wait until you board?

At the time of this posting there is no system in place to pre-reserve the Chef's Table.

I didn't have time to see if this had been covered already. My sister emailed me that the day after we were in Cinque Terre, it was hit by heavy rain that caused flooding and mudslides. Monterossa and Vernazza were particularly hard hit. Here is an article about it from Rick Steves: www.ricksteves.com/news/travelnews/cinque-terre-floods.htm This was the same day we had heavy rain in Cannes. This is terrible, terrible news and our hearts go out to the residents of the region.

Barb, aboard the Ruby P.

Good morning from the bRuby Princess. Today is a leisurely day at sea while en route to Ponta Delgada. The weather is good today. Seas are a little bumpy but not too bad. Last night we had dinner in the MDR. The menu must have been a repeat from the first 12 day portion of the cruise as it was Greek/Turkish themed. None of the items appealed to me so I choose the always available salmon. After dinner we saw a comedian in the explorers lounge. The comedian was quite funny. I had a little run in with a woman who was trying to save seats. A few words were exchanged but in the end I let her keep the seats to avoid a confrontation.

Today I went to the gym to workout. It was quite crowded but I didn't have to wait too long to get a treadmill. Tonight is a formal night. DW has a hair appointment later. I'll probably work on downloading my pictures if I can find a netbook to borrow. After that I might watch a movie or two on my I-Pad.

Hope All Are Well.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks again, Bob, for info and postings. Enjoy Ponta Delgada. We stopped there last year on the Pacific Princess T/A and found it quite charming and very physically lush and pretty.

Thanks as well for helping to bring Ruby back to this side of the pond for us to enjoy on our Southern Caribbean for New Year's!

Take care,

Good morning from the Ruby Princess. We are a couple of hours from Ponta Delgada. It is our last stop before we begin the 6 day treak across the Atlantic to Florida, Just a few clouds in the sky right now but the seas have been somewhat rough the last couple of days. The activity has ranged from gentle rocking to some very noticible ups and downs and side to side action.

Today in Ponta Delgada we plan to grab a cab and head to the crater lakes. After that we are going to wlak around Acores a little while doing a little souvienier shopping and stocking up at the market for our trek across the Atlantic.

Last night was a formal night. It was nice getting dressed up in my tux. I met up with some fellow roll call members in Crooners and had another of the 007 martini collection. My goal is to finish the collection before the end of the cruise. I personally noticed many gentlemen dressed in Tuxes or dark suits. Beefore diner DW and I had some pictures taken. This was a nice change since we hadn't taken formal pictures fduring the last several cruises.

Take Care and have a great day.....:):):)

Bob

Good morning from the Ruby Princess. We are a couple of hours from Ponta Delgada. It is our last stop before we begin the 6 day treak across the Atlantic to Florida, Just a few clouds in the sky right now but the seas have been somewhat rough the last couple of days. The activity has ranged from gentle rocking to some very noticible ups and downs and side to side action.

Today in Ponta Delgada we plan to grab a cab and head to the crater lakes. After that we are going to wlak around Acores a little while doing a little souvienier shopping and stocking up at the market for our trek across the Atlantic.

Last night was a formal night. It was nice getting dressed up in my tux. I met up with some fellow roll call members in Crooners and had another of the 007 martini collection. My goal is to finish the collection before the end of the cruise. I personally noticed many gentlemen dressed in Tuxes or dark suits. Beefore diner DW and I had some pictures taken. This was a nice change since we hadn't taken formal pictures fduring the last several cruises.

Bob

Sounds like so much fun!

We went to the Crater Lakes last year. It was quite overcast, so not the best viewing, but beautiful non the less!

Have a wonderful time!

Good morning from the Ruby Princess. Happy Halloween to all. We are enjoying our first of six full days at sea while en route to Florida. Weather is overcast and quite cloudy. Sear are somewhat rough. So much so that I decided to walk around the promenade deck instead of running on the treadmill. Tried the treadmill but it was just to difficult with the up and down motion of the ship.

Not much on tap for today with the exception of our roll call halloween party in Skywalkers at 1500. After the party DW and I will probably play some cards and I might finish a movie I started watching on my I-Pad. I'm an old movie buff and right now I'm watching Dead Reckoning with Bogart & Bacall. After that I still have The Big Sleep, Maltese Falcon, and of course my favorite Casablanca left to watch.

Today's shipboard entertainment is juggler Aaron Bonk in the Piazza at 1300. The Sixth Sense will be playing at MUTS at 1300. The Captain & senior officers will be hosting a Q & A about life at sea in the Princess theater at 1415 hours. At 1515 hours Twilight will be shown in MUTS. Aaron Bonk will be back in the Piazza at 1630 followed by e ships musicians at 1645 hours.

The night movie in MUTS will be Transformers: Dark of the Moon at 1915 & 2215. The Adagio Bar will have pianist Pawel Pokora between 1915 & 2330. The Jess Beck Quartet will be in the Wheelhouse Bar 1930 - 2030 & 2115 & 2245. There will be a Halloween dance party and adult costume parade in club fusion between 2030 - 2230. The Princess theater will be hosting magician Peter Gossamer at 2030 and 2230. The explorers lounge will have music and dancing followed by the movie Beetlejuice at 2330.

Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Sounds like so much fun!

We went to the Crater Lakes last year. It was quite overcast, so not the best viewing, but beautiful non the less!

Have a wonderful time!

Yesterday the lakes for the most part were totally fogged in. This was told to me by tour participants. The fog did break just a bit which allowed a few people to get pictures.

Bob

Bob

When all the "new" Martinis started getting popular several years back, Chuck and I spent about 6 days at the Fountainbleu in Miami. They had a martini list of about 8-10 different types....I was determined to try them all!! I think I made it through most of them!! :rolleyes:;)

Bob

Alright!!! Another martini lover! The only thing I would like better is more "savory" options instead of "sweet". (But I can still hang!:D) I am really enjoying your thread (along with SunViking). Thanks for taking us along with you.

I didn't have time to see if this had been covered already. My sister emailed me that the day after we were in Cinque Terre, it was hit by heavy rain that caused flooding and mudslides. Monterossa and Vernazza were particularly hard hit. Here is an article about it from Rick Steves: www.ricksteves.com/news/travelnews/cinque-terre-floods.htm This was the same day we had heavy rain in Cannes. This is terrible, terrible news and our hearts go out to the residents of the region.

Barb, aboard the Ruby P.

Thanks for posting this. We were there for 3 days just before we got on the Ruby. Such a shame, it was so beautiful.

Good Tuesday morning from the Ruby Princess. Today is our second full day at sea en route to Florida. Yesterday, Princess did a great job decorating the ship for Halloween. Many of the crew were also dressed up in costume. There were also tons of Halloween related activities for the passengers. The pumpkin carving in the piazza was my favorite.

Weather today is once again bleak. High winds and light rain are once again the order of the day. The Lotus pool has been empty for a couple of days probably due to the weather. The main pool by MUTS is also closed. I'm surprised they haven't closed the promenade deck.

Not much else to report. Our roll call is having a luncheon in the Botecheli dining room today. Other than that, I'll probably relax and watch some movies.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

Nice sea day today. Skies were partly cloudy with comfortable temps. We have a had a little bumping and rolling but nothing significant. At noon we had our Red Hot Rubies luncheon in the traditional dining room. It was a very nice occasion thanks to Gail (Hornet) who organized it. Tomorrow is another leisurely sea day.

Archived