Live From The Ruby Princess Med-T/A 10-19-11

Woobstr112G

Good evening from the Ruby Princess. We sailed from Naples a short time ago. DW and I had a wonderful day on a private excursion I had arranged for 24 Roll call members. We went to Sorento, the Amalfi Coast, and Positano. The scenery was absolutely stunning. Our group had lunch at La Tagliata restaraunt in Positano. This was the highlight of our excursion. everything was great.

The Ruby Princess continues to shine. Everything is always clean. Every crew member has always had a smile on their face and always goes the extra mile to please the passengers.

We decided to skip the MDR tonight to rest up for tomorrow's excursion. The MDR, imho, has been very good. Food has been very good to excellent. Service has been good however it is a tad slow. The Horizon Court on the Ruby is good. A marked improvement over what I experienced on the Golden back in February.

This cruise is shaping up to be a great one. This itinerary is the best.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

That is fantastic Bob that everything is turning out so wonderful for your cruise. Continue to enjoy.

Good morning from the Ruby Princess. We are just tying up at the docks in Chivitavecchia (Rome). We get off in 30 minutes or so for our shore excursion. Hope all are doing well.

As far as the mdr question regarding lunch on port days. I'm not sure specifically about the Ruby. I know I read where they were doing it fleet wide. I will look into it and report back when we return later on today.

Bob

I realize that you are going on tours during the port days and may not know the answer to this, but is/has the MDR been open for lunch during port days?

Kathy,

Hope this helps - DH and I just returned from the Ruby/Greek Isles cruise and the MDR was open for lunch on 2 of our 9 port days. We talked to a couple of head waiters and it appears to be on onboard decision by the F&B Manager on each sailing.

Good evening from the Ruby Princess. We are en route to Florence. Had a great day in Rome today. We went to Assissi(sp) and Orveto(sp). Two nice stops but a lot of driving. Darn it of I haven't come down with the sniffles already. I usually don't get sick till the end of the cruise. I even took lots of precautions:mad:

For Florence, we are touring the Chianti region. Should be a nice day.Posting this on the fly so I'll mention something about the HC tomorrow when I compose before I post.

Bob

Greetings from the Ruby somewhere in the Tyrrhenian Sea between Civitavecchia and Livorno! We've had a couple of splendid days with no time to post or blog. We had a full day tour yesterday with Biagio of Drive Amalfi and today with Marco of Rome Connections. Both days were absolutely wonderful except for the fact we came back pooped. I'm behind on my blog mainly because I haven't had time to look at the many photos we've taken to select a few to add. It's a hard job since we took so many and saw so many wonderful things.

The blog is at http://finsatsea.blogspot.com/ As I said I'm behind but when we get a break in a couple of days I shall endeavor to catch up.

So far everything has been absolutely wonderful. The weather gods have cooperated. The food has been outstanding and the service has been excellent! I can't think of a thing which could be improved at the moment.

Dobie, we wish you were here. We see Tom and Mary and the Countess every night and think of you and Roger. Hugs to you both.

Ciao for now. We have another early and long day tomorrow. More wine, cheese, olive oil and vinegar to taste :)

Greetings from the Ruby somewhere in the Tyrrhenian Sea between Civitavecchia and Livorno! We've had a couple of splendid days with no time to post or blog. We had a full day tour yesterday with Biagio of Drive Amalfi and today with Marco of Rome Connections. Both days were absolutely wonderful except for the fact we came back pooped. I'm behind on my blog mainly because I haven't had time to look at the many photos we've taken to select a few to add. It's a hard job since we took so many and saw so many wonderful things.

The blog is at http://finsatsea.blogspot.com/ As I said I'm behind but when we get a break in a couple of days I shall endeavor to catch up.

So far everything has been absolutely wonderful. The weather gods have cooperated. The food has been outstanding and the service has been excellent! I can't think of a thing which could be improved at the moment.

Dobie, we wish you were here. We see Tom and Mary and the Countess every night and think of you and Roger. Hugs to you both.

Ciao for now. We have another early and long day tomorrow. More wine, cheese, olive oil and vinegar to taste :)

Thanks so much for sharing your blog with us. I can't wait to read more:)

Hi Ann, Glad to see you are having a great time. I'm also happy you enjoyed your days with Salvatore and Marco.

Say hello to Al and all our friends onboard and also our tour buddies.

Wish we were there.

Good evening from the Ruby Princess. We are en route to Florence. Had a great day in Rome today. We went to Assissi(sp) and Orveto(sp). Two nice stops but a lot of driving. Darn it of I haven't come down with the sniffles already. I usually don't get sick till the end of the cruise. I even took lots of precautions:mad:

For Florence, we are touring the Chianti region. Should be a nice day.Posting this on the fly so I'll mention something about the HC tomorrow when I compose before I post.

Bob

Hi Bob, Thanks for your "Live from" thread. I'm following along and so sad we aren't there with you but so happy you are having a great cruise. Say hello from Joe and me to all our friends.

Good evening from the Ruby Princess. We sailed from Naples a short time ago. DW and I had a wonderful day on a private excursion I had arranged for 24 Roll call members. We went to Sorento, the Amalfi Coast, and Positano. The scenery was absolutely stunning. Our group had lunch at La Tagliata restaraunt in Positano. This was the highlight of our excursion. everything was great.

The Ruby Princess continues to shine. Everything is always clean. Every crew member has always had a smile on their face and always goes the extra mile to please the passengers.

We decided to skip the MDR tonight to rest up for tomorrow's excursion. The MDR, imho, has been very good. Food has been very good to excellent. Service has been good however it is a tad slow. The Horizon Court on the Ruby is good. A marked improvement over what I experienced on the Golden back in February.

This cruise is shaping up to be a great one. This itinerary is the best.

Bob

Bob,

Have a great cruise, I look forward to following along with you. I'm so glad to hear your trip to Amalfi went well and you enjoyed the lunch at La Tagliata. You are bringing back some wonderful memories of our cruise this past August on the Star.

Ron

Ann, I started reading your blog...you are doing a wonderful job! You really have a way with words and I am enjoying vicariously cruising with you on the Ruby! We did that cruise last year and loved every minute of it!

Your photos of Venice are beautiful! Venice is one of my favorite places, and it is so nice to "visit" there again!

I will continue to follow you!

Good morning from the Ruby Princess. We are just docking in Florence Italy. It's a little windy with cool temps. Today I've arranged a private excursion for 8 of our roll call members. We will be visiting Siena and the Chianti region. Should be a great time for all.

Something I've noticed about the Horizon Court. In my several trips up there I've noticed Cafe Caribe is usually closed for dinner and only side of the HC is open. I asked a waiter and he told me the Caribe is only open for dinner on formal nights. He also told me it is also occasionally open for special lunch and breakfast specials. This is just one waiter giving me information. I plan to ask someone else to get a more definitive answer.

Hope All Have A Good Day

Bob

Yes this also occured on the 20th August Barcelona to Venice. Only one side was open and and one sreving area

We sailed from Naples at 7pm no seats avaible over crowdered serving area.

Numerous complaints the attitude of the staff was the Dinning Roms are open why do you not go there for Dinner.

Why have three areas full ship late 7pm sailing only one open?

The overcrowding in the serving areas increases the risk of spreading infectious diseases

I suggest it is an economy measure. However it a health risk. I am a medical practioner mentioned it in my survey but have received no reply from Princess.

Cruisinlow, she sent it to me in an email. I don't want to post it publicly without her OK. Maybe you can ask her to send it to you? Or Bob can ask her, I probably shouldn't have said anything, I wasn't thinking!

Thanks for the information. And I totally understand. i have been on a cruise with Ann before and have viewed her blogs but it is true that without her OK, it is not right to post the blog address.

Apprecaite it.

Archived