Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Once again I use this post as my guide for selecting a cabin. You'd think I'd have kept track of which cabins are best especially since I'm going on the same ship for the third time. But...no...I have to keep coming back, just in case Princess changes the cabin configurations :o

Thanks for keeping the site visible.

Once again I use this post as my guide for selecting a cabin. You'd think I'd have kept track of which cabins are best especially since I'm going on the same ship for the third time. But...no...I have to keep coming back, just in case Princess changes the cabin configurations :o

Thanks for keeping the site visible.

I hope you got the cabin you wanted. Which ship are you on? Maybe you can take a picture for the website.

Theo

I hope you got the cabin you wanted. Which ship are you on? Maybe you can take a picture for the website.

Theo

I have submitted photos to the website and I will continue to do so although most of the cabins I choose are already posted.

Now, I print out the photos and keep them in my Princess file. I made the mistake this time when I was booking, I simply looked at the wrong ship. But fortunately it looks as though there are still several choice oov cabins left.

This is a wonderful resource.

Theo:

This may sound crazy but I love searching for a cruise. When I see something that I'm interested in I check out your post (its in my favorites) and look at the pictures of the cabins. I find it very helpful. We are thinking of the Grand for 4/14 to celebrate our 50th (can't believe he still puts up with me:D) and I started to check out cabins. However, maybe he'll spring for a balcony;)

Thanks again Theo your doing a great job!

Carol

In March, we had L104 on the Ruby. When I was booking our cruise on Ruby for next April, L104 wasn't available. I went straight to Theo's website to review the views from the available cabins and got E423 with a pretty nice view.

Thanks, Theo!!

We are lookig into sailing on the Crown out of Galveston in Feb.2012..Earlier I had asked about 415 being like 416 and you said it was more like 417..but your view of 417 sweems to have some big green thing infront of it while 415 looks pretty clear..Am I not seeing the pictures right..I really do not want to look a big green thing the whole cruise..please help..ty..Lydia

We are lookig into sailing on the Crown out of Galveston in Feb.2012..Earlier I had asked about 415 being like 416 and you said it was more like 417..but your view of 417 sweems to have some big green thing infront of it while 415 looks pretty clear..Am I not seeing the pictures right..I really do not want to look a big green thing the whole cruise..please help..ty..Lydia

That "BIG GREEN" thing is actually one of the loading cranes on the shore. You won't have any of that showing when you leave shore. 411-412-414-415-416 & 417 all have about the same view.

Enjoy your (un)obstructed cabin, it is one of the better ones on the Emerald deck.

Theo

In March, we had L104 on the Ruby. When I was booking our cruise on Ruby for next April, L104 wasn't available. I went straight to Theo's website to review the views from the available cabins and got E423 with a pretty nice view.

Thanks, Theo!!

I should have said. E323.

Cabin is above Club Fusion, will we hear a lot of noise at night? Anyone have experience with these cabins?

What's your cabin #. If you are right above the stage, in the early evening you might but later (like late,late) probably not.

Theo

Edited by Renmar

What's your cabin #. If you are right above the stage, in the early evening you might but later (like late,late) probably not.

Theo

Thanks for compiling all the photos. Was upgraded so didn't have a choice other than stay inside. On rechecking deck plan, I see our cabin is over rest room outside of Club Fusion so don't think we'll have a noise problem. Even tho the window is in front of small boat, according to your picture we'll be able to see right thru it:)

This is a request to all cruisers who have booked, or are planning to book, obstructed view cabins.

I’m still looking for pictures of the following cabins;

Caribbean Princess: E222-E223-E224-E225-E226-E227-E307 & E308

Coral/Island Princess: E316-E317-E318-E319-E324-E325-E326-E327-E328- E329-E330-E331-E334-E335

E503-E504-E505-E506-E509-E510-E520-E521-E522-E523-E524-E525

E605-E606-E607-E608-E614-E615-E616-E617-E622-E623

Surprisingly there are very few pictures out there for those 2 ships.

Dawn/Sea/Sun Princess: D328-D331-D332-D337-D603-D604-D609-D610-D616-D618-D619-D620-D621-D623

These 3 ships are, as far as I know, sailing mainly out of Australia.

Diamond/Sapphire Princess: E624-E625

Golden/Grand/Star Princess: E303-E304-E422-E423

Ocean/Pacific Princess: 6036-6037-6039-6041-6045-6047

Please send me any picture you have of one of those cabins that show the obstruction FROM those cabins. Much appreciated.

Theo

Theo, what about posting on a few upcoming roll calls for those ships? You might get someone who'd be willing to stroll down and grab a photo on disembarkation day, even if they're not staying in the exact cabins. Can't hurt to try. . .

I don't see it as a negative post and I think that it is merely mend as a tong in cheek comment.

Bowie Me Me has been a big help by keeping this tread close to the top.

This post also reminded me that I should thank all the people that contributed to my website by sending me pictures. Consider it done, thank you all.

Theo

It was not negative in the least. I love the site, use the site, send photos for the site and in general act like a cheerleader.

My point was that Princess does not particularly care to educate their cruisers to the fact that great cabins can be had at a very modest price if you study the photos placed here and chose wisely using others photos and experiences. I lucked into my first OOV because I didn't think a late October Canadian cruise would make the balcony worth the cost. Cold and rainy were possible and except for one day it was pretty much cold and rainy that trip. My other point is that in the category of obstructed ocean view all cabins are not equal. Very much next to each other are views through a window (can identify some things out that window but not much) NO view (side of the tender or sometimes called the Big Orange View) or those gems that have very little obstruction (my favorite was the only obstruction on port days only was a round radar head) otherwise clear view no obstruction. The fact is all the above cabins cost the same amount! Price is based on deck and distance from midship.

My great fear is that they take this information and charge more for those cabins with the least obstruction. If a customer knows that cabin 1 has almost no obstruction, cabin 2 has a little obstruction and cabin 3 has a big orange wall, would they be happy with cabin 3 for the same amount as cabin 1. As long as they don't know or realize there is a difference it is a great thing for those of us penny pinchers who score excellent cabins. Good thing there are all kinds.

Renmar Love ya baby. Saying adios for a 30 day trip to Asia beginning Sat. that includes 12 days before cruise in Beijing, Xian and Bangkok and 16 day cruise on Diamond Princess in E410 which I will be sure to take a picture of for this board. Barbara

Theo, what about posting on a few upcoming roll calls for those ships? You might get someone who'd be willing to stroll down and grab a photo on disembarkation day, even if they're not staying in the exact cabins. Can't hurt to try. . .

The way they gather everyone into the lounges and really "insist" that you clear the rooms and the hallways on changeover day it really isn't easy to get into the rooms you need and take photos. Often in port it is hard to tell what is ship obstruction and what is building etc on shore. Can't hurt to ask but most cabins have balconies and folks who would not sail without that part of the cabin. Just a little group of OOV lovers.

Edited by Bowie MeMe

Sound like a plan. I tried this before, I think it was on the Caribbean Princess roll call, got 1picture (better than 0).

I'll try it again especialy for the Coral & Island Princess.

Theo

The way they gather everyone into the lounges and really "insist" that you clear the rooms and the hallways on changeover day it really isn't easy to get into the rooms you need and take photos. Often in port it is hard to tell what is ship obstruction and what is building etc on shore. Can't hurt to ask but most cabins have balconies and folks who would not sail without that part of the cabin. Just a little group of OOV lovers.

When we were on the Sapphire last fall my DW and I did run down the halls and took pictures of every cabin except 2.

We did clear it first with the frontdesk. Most of the cabin stewards were very helpfull.

Have a nice cruise. Looking forward to some pictures.

Theo

OK, I posted a request for pictures on about 12 different roll calls (Coral & Island) and so far received 1 reply with a promise to take a picture.

I'll try again in a few weeks.

Theo

• 2 weeks later...