Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Theo, we will be on the Diamond soon. Any particular cabin#s that you are interested in obstructed o/view or balcony?

We have been on both the Diamond & the Sapphire but have never been able to get a picture of the following cabins;

E620 or E623

E624 or E627

Thanks for offering to get some pictures.

When we took the pictures on the Sapphire we waited for people to move out on disembarkation day. Just ask the cabin stewards nicely, they are very accommodating.

Theo

On these attachments all I get is a pop up that says Invalid attachment..Is this just me??

Which attachment are you revering to?

Also..Crown is coming to Galveston Texas(our home port)..Can you suggest a good OOV that is not to obstructed..I kinda have my eye on E416..what do you think??

E416 would be a very good choice because the only obstruction is a small light. This light is only used in ports as far as I know.

The other drawback might be that this cabin is right outside the midship elevators and you could have some noise.

Theo

Just noticed you said Crown and I gave you the info for the Diamond, however, apart from the fact that there is no light the thing with the elevator is correct.

Edited by Renmar
Wrong info

TY Theo so much.. I always keep your site in my favorites and go there to look up what cabin I might want..You have been a lifesaver to so many..guess you found your calling so to speak..lol..so E416 is good and I am assuming so E415 would be??..port is left and starboard right..right?..lol..I have alot of trouble remembering that..

Going on the Golden at the end of the month...have a grantee OOV...will try to get a pic for you if you don't already have it...love thus sue.

Thanks for all your hard work...I have contributed a couple pics but this is very beneficial to all....

Going on the Golden at the end of the month...have a grantee OOV...will try to get a pic for you if you don't already have it...love thus sue.

Thanks for all your hard work...I have contributed a couple pics but this is very beneficial to all....

I know and thanks for that. Everybody that ever cruised on the Emerald decks (on some ships it is a different deck) of the Princess ships probably have pictures on their computers that show the view, those are the ones I like to get my hands on so I can complete this website.

Theo

Edited by Renmar

Ugggg...got my OOV TTY cabin assignment on the Golden today...looked at your site right away to check it out....bummer, looking right at a lifeboat...oh well..at least there will be light..

Your ste will help me get prepared before I open my cabin door!

Thanks...

call Princess and see if there is another cabin in that cat. with a better view and they will probably change rooms for you. Have Renmar's page open so when they suggest other cabins you can see the difference and pick the best view. You are not asking for an upgrade, staying in the same cat. so Princess could help if a better view is still available.

Britten 16... I did it. Per Renmars page I went from a totally obstructed view looking into a lifeboat to a few cabins away, between lifeboats with a couple cables...yippee!!

Thanks for your idea....love this site. . Renmars needs to get some kind of award, or at least sell this to Princess!:)

Britten 16... I did it. Per Renmars page I went from a totally obstructed view looking into a lifeboat to a few cabins away, between lifeboats with a couple cables...yippee!!

Thanks for your idea....love this site. . Renmars needs to get some kind of award, or at least sell this to Princess!:)

Glad you were able to get a cabin with a better view. My award is seeing people happy with their cabin choice, that's good enough for me.

As for selling it to Princess, why would they buy it? They most likely know better than anybody what the views are.

The only award Princess could give us is maybe a visit by the upgrade fairy on our next cruise although we would accept a complementary cruise:D.

Theo

Hi Britter...I booked a cat GG gty. I was given an F category..so up one. The first cabin they gave me yesterday was e624!!!! Check in out on Renmars site.

After my request of several numbers which were all taken, I got e630.... Much better view.

Of course I wouldn't turn down a Mini or balcony...I am happy with my new cabin....thanks to your suggestion and Renmars site!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for an amazing job Theo - what a blessing to us all :D

I have stayed in a 3 obstructed views - will dig up the photos and post here if you don't already have those cabins.

Hope that upgrade fairy comes your way on your next cruise!

Cheers

Ando

Let us know how your guarantee works out. I would not do an OOV unless I had a cabin checked out with the pictures posted here and double checked. I just hope you don't get the BIG Orange or the Great White Wall. OOV is great when you get to pick the cabin. Best of luck.

I think that Princess would rather not have pictures of the cabin views in the OOV category. People who don't know better take whatever cabin assigned in the category. With this site and a little knowledge you can have an excellent view for much less than what they pay one floor (deck) up. It is the only category that EACH cabin presents a different value matrix. If everybody knew which cabins to book, then the rest of them priced the same as the most excellent ones would not sell so well.

Save your money Renmar. You gonna be on deck 8 with the rest of us cheapies. But you know we love it and feel very superior to others:D

I think that Princess would rather not have pictures of the cabin views in the OOV category. People who don't know better take whatever cabin assigned in the category. With this site and a little knowledge you can have an excellent view for much less than what they pay one floor (deck) up. It is the only category that EACH cabin presents a different value matrix. If everybody knew which cabins to book, then the rest of them priced the same as the most excellent ones would not sell so well.

Save your money Renmar. You gonna be on deck 8 with the rest of us cheapies. But you know we love it and feel very superior to others:D

As a matter of fact I have emails from people who booked directly with Princess and the booking agent either suggested that they look at the pictures first or the booking agent had the website open and suggested certain cabins to the customer.

I noticed that with the new pricing for 2013 Princess changed some of the categories most likely so they can charge higher prices for the better locations.

Still I think these cabins are the better deal.

Theo

As a matter of fact I have emails from people who booked directly with Princess and the booking agent either suggested that they look at the pictures first or the booking agent had the website open and suggested certain cabins to the customer.

I noticed that with the new pricing for 2013 Princess changed some of the categories most likely so they can charge higher prices for the better locations.

Still I think these cabins are the better deal.

Theo

I check daily to see if new category F cabins opened up and one did last week. I immediately ran to the website- no picture, but I was able to judge by a similar cabin picture, thanks! Will take one of our cabin (unless we get upgraded:) )

However, I did notice that Princess is changing the OOV categories on the Island after May next year. Ours is now in the "best" category of OOV.

)

I check daily to see if new category F cabins opened up and one did last week. I immediately ran to the website- no picture, but I was able to judge by a similar cabin picture, thanks! Will take one of our cabin (unless we get upgraded:) )

However, I did notice that Princess is changing the OOV categories on the Island after May next year. Ours is now in the "best" category of OOV.

I know there are only e few pictures of the Coral & Island Princess available. Maybe some of you who go on one of those ships in the near future could try to get some (or all :D) of the missing pictures. Just ask and you will be amazed how accommodating they are.

Theo.

Also..Crown is coming to Galveston Texas(our home port)..Can you suggest a good OOV that is not to obstructed..I kinda have my eye on E416..what do you think??

We have been in eE414 (on Ruby) and 416 (on Crown). Both are great.

414 is a teeny bit quieter b/c further from larger bank of elevators; but 416 has the better view b/c it doesn't have the little rail that 414 does. Neither on is noisy - just an occasional "ding" can be heard in 416, and both are, in essence, unobstructed.

We spent 16 nts in 414 on A TA and 14 nts in 416 on another TA, and will be in 416 again in Dec. for 16 nts. on another TA.

Go for it! You'll be really happy.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

TY Theo so much.. I always keep your site in my favorites and go there to look up what cabin I might want..You have been a lifesaver to so many..guess you found your calling so to speak..lol..so E416 is good and I am assuming so E415 would be??..port is left and starboard right..right?..lol..I have alot of trouble remembering that..

415 is the equivalent of 414; 417 is the equivalent of 416. The port and starboard numbering is a bit staggered.

I don't understand this negative post.

Theo (aka Renmar) has provided an invaluable service to all of us.

I have personally used his website - with great success - and have even contributed photos. The Ruby 414 is my photo from the pier in Castello sestiere of Venice.

I don't understand this negative post.

Theo (aka Renmar) has provided an invaluable service to all of us.

I have personally used his website - with great success - and have even contributed photos. The Ruby 414 is my photo from the pier in Castello sestiere of Venice.

I don't see it as a negative post and I think that it is merely mend as a tong in cheek comment.

Bowie Me Me has been a big help by keeping this tread close to the top.

This post also reminded me that I should thank all the people that contributed to my website by sending me pictures. Consider it done, thank you all.

Theo