Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

In both cases your view will be partialy obstucted by a lifeboat. You can see pictures for both cabins at my website.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-501--521

and

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/coral-princess/cabins-311--335

Theo

Theo - thank you so much! It's great to have someone that cares and knows so much to be able to furnish hard to find info.to people like me.

Thanks for taking the time to post these pics. My travel agent almost booked me into a really bad view. Without this info I would not have known it until we were on board. Great job!:)

Your welcome. This is one of the reasons I started this site, to avoid disapointment.

Theo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for pictures of the obstructed BALCONY cabins on the new Royal Princess. Anybody that has booked one of those could you please take a picture of the view from the inside and send them to me so I can post them on my website.

You can send them to my email theog99@telus.net

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S. Still need some pictures from a few of the ships. Please consider sending them if you have any.

Theo

I also want to thank you for this wonderful thread. I booked an obstructed view on the Star Princess. Just recently, a better stateroom was released. I immediately called my TA (no email) and she was able to secure the room. I went from having a big orange lifeboat to one of those smaller barrel raft obstruction.

This was a major plus because I had a really difficult time convincing my cabin mate that an obstructed view room for one night (Seattle to Vancouver) was going to be okay.

Renee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't do this very often but I think it is about time to bump this tread up so that cruisers that are new to CC have a oppertunity to look at what is out there for cabins with an obstructed view. I also like to ask people who are going on the new Royal Princess, and who are booked in the obstructed view balcony cabins, to take a picture of the obstruction and send it to me so I can get started with this ship as well. My e-mail is theog99@telus.net Thanks a lot.

Theo

• 2 weeks later...

theo, thanks to you I knew that my guarantee assigned cabin was a decent one.

i'll be on the island princess in 2 weeks for a b2b and have my list of ob ov to try to sneak into for photos on turnaround day. :)

theo, thanks to you I knew that my guarantee assigned cabin was a decent one.

i'll be on the island princess in 2 weeks for a b2b and have my list of ob ov to try to sneak into for photos on turnaround day. :)

You're welcome, glad you are happy with your choice of cabin. Realy appreciate it if you could get some pictures of those missing ones.

Theo

Just got back from 28 days on the Crown...great OOV cabin thanks to Theo.

Just booked another, after checking the site, another great view coming our way.

You already had my last pix on file...but I will send any to you that I can. Really LOVE this site..has saved us from disappointment many times!!

Thanks again

Dolores

Just got back from 28 days on the Crown...great OOV cabin thanks to Theo.

Just booked another, after checking the site, another great view coming our way.

You already had my last pix on file...but I will send any to you that I can. Really LOVE this site..has saved us from disappointment many times!!

Thanks again

Dolores

Any picture you can send would be appreciated, it might be better than the ones I have on file.

Enjoy your cruise.

Theo

I believe you discussed this before, but are you considering adding obstructed view balconies for the Royal/regal on you website? Paying customers will be on her in a couple of weeks now :)

Yes, my plan is to include those cabins as well. I would love to go and take the pictures myself but as of now there is no way due to the lack of fund :(. Maybe Princess can cut me a deal ;);):D.

So if there are members out there that are going on the Royal and have a chance to take some pictures you know where to send them.

Theo

• 3 weeks later...
i'm about to email you a bunch from the island p.

my cabin was e328. horribly noisy above the wheelhouse band if you're an early-to-bed person like me.

As you already know I did receive the pictures and as of now they are posted on the website.

With those pictures I have the Coral & Island almost complete, just 2 more pictures E503/E504 and E622/E623.

Thanks again cdngrl.

Theo

Because of your wonderful site I was able to get an amazing cabin on the Emerald prince E4160. No obstruction at all. Thanks again for all your hard work, it is very appreciated. Rhonda

Your welcome. We had E 417 on one of our cruises and there is only a little obstruction when you look down, straight out it is unobstructed.

Theo

• 1 month later...

The site is up and running again. Don't know what happened but all of a sudden I was receiving e-mails with requests for access. Checked out the site and somehow the permission to view was changed.

Everything should be back to normal again.

Theo

i'm about to email you a bunch from the island p.

my cabin was e328. horribly noisy above the wheelhouse band if you're an early-to-bed person like me.

Completely agree - we were in Cabin E322 in June and the noise (music) from the Wheelhouse was horrible. It was so loud, I heard every lyric and was actually able to sing along. The volume becomes imperceptible right at midnight.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this string and your web site. I recently called Princess to move from an Inside on Caribe (CAT ID) to an Obstructed View on Emerald. I wanted E314 from looking at your pix - it was available and I was happy UNTIL I got home and found a wonderful upgrade notice in my email....

It was their pleasure to upgrade me from C314 (Cat OW) to P221 (CAT OF) WHAT ? Going from Deck 8 Mid forward, to Deck 5 Forward and under the theater is an UPGRADE? I guess because P221 is UN-obstructed it's considered an upgrade but I don't understand how Princess could have even thought that was better... they are "working on" my reservation now since I called Friday afternoon and they have to put thru some "adjustment" paperwork and they need 48 hours...

Can anyone explain to me how to read the "categories: OF,OV,OW,OY, OZ?

Thanks again for the pictorial web site - it has been a great help in making our decisions.