Photo Tour from a QM2 Ships visit today

LibraLass41

Hello there,

Well ! I am impressed. !:)

Today I stepped onboard Queen Mary 2 - a virgin Cunard visitor..but a cruiser who has done 12 assorted P&O cruises on all the present fleet (except the new Adonia) and a few other ship visits on lines such as Celebrity, RCI and HAL.

Isn't she a lovely liner! I won't say cruiseship, because as we all know she is a cruise liner.

The food we ate in the Britannia Restaurant for lunch was hot and tasty and dare I say it slightly better than P&O, the cabins were lovely, I have managed to get photos of Suites, De-luxe and standard balconies, a obstructed balcony for interest, and an inside. Which maybe of interest to those who have cruised on her, but not managed to get a peep inside another grade.

Photos here, click link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/QM2ShipVisit161011?authkey=Gv1sRgCMPm3tXrworjrQE#5664132750415573538

P1020708.jpg

Great photos thanks but your photos entitled "Balcony Room" and "Balcony deluxe" look more like Grills suite cabins to me. The desks in Britannia balcony cabins are on the opposite side to the bed, not to the side as in your photo. Also, you don't get steamer chairs on your balcony in Britannia cabins.

https://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/QM2ShipVisit161011?authkey=Gv1sRgCMPm3tXrworjrQE#5664133389213382066

https://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/QM2ShipVisit161011?authkey=Gv1sRgCMPm3tXrworjrQE#5664133403855440834

I'm reminded looking at those photos how small the Commodore Club windows are on the QM2 compared with the ones on the QE and QV.

I'm reminded looking at those photos how small the Commodore Club windows are on the QM2 compared with the ones on the QE and QV.

I think that's due to the rough North Atlantic seas she might encounter, which could break larger windows.

LibraLass, Your set of photos were lovely and have increased my excitement. I am traveling in a few weeks on a transatlantic and taking a friend on her first cruise. I have read such awful reviews lately about the condition of public areas and carpeting, speaking of immense deterioration and lack luster upkeep of the public rooms. But looking at your photos the ship looks like she did in 2005 when I last sailed on her. I am sure there will be areas that need attention, and thats why QM2 is in for dry dock, but it will not mar my transatlantic. Thanks again for taking time to post such great photos!

Ashley

Hi LibraLass. Thanks for sharing the photos. Can you tell us a little bit about your tour? I know Princess has a fairly new scheme termed a Bon Voyage Experience. What were the conditions of your tour - was it also called a Bon Voyage Experience? Thanks again, -S.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos!

My dear cousins are currently on the QM2, on the final segment of their voyage that began with the October 7th Trans-Atlantic. What a wonderful trip! One day I will see her in person!

PARTIAL QUOTE

....I'm reminded looking at those photos how small the Commodore Club windows are on the QM2 compared with the ones on the QE and QV.

I think that's due to the rough North Atlantic seas she might encounter, which could break larger windows.

If larger windows could break in the rough North Altlantic seas, and QE and QV do trans-Atlantic crossings, and both ships have larger windows...that would mean :eek: ?

PARTIAL QUOTE

If larger windows could break in the rough North Altlantic seas, and QE and QV do trans-Atlantic crossings, and both ships have larger windows...that would mean :eek: ?

But they don't do them regularly all year round!

But they don't do them regularly all year round!

Salacia - When was the last time you heard of a window breaking on a Cunard ship? We had a wave hit us while in Britannia Restaurant in mid-Atlantic and it made such a noise against the hull and the windows it was heard throughout the dining room. I mention that September wave in the below web address.

http://awesome.webplus.net/theqm2/

Jack Morris

Archived