can you order a bottle of liquor or wine for your room?

6Health7

I was really day dreaming about sitting on our balconey with a rum and coke and enjoying the waves.

I just found out we can't bring our own bottle on board.

It is possible to purchase a bottle from the ship for our room??

Jewel of the seas

I was really day dreaming about sitting on our balconey with a rum and coke and enjoying the waves.

I just found out we can't bring our own bottle on board.

It is possible to purchase a bottle from the ship for our room??

Jewel of the seas

Wine yes. Liqour no.

You can certainly get your rum and coke from any bar and bring it to your room, or order it from room service, but prepare for a wait if you do that. They don't care WHERE you drink, as long as you buy it from them BY THE DRINK!

We always stop by a bar to get a drink for the cabin while we get ready for dinner....not a problem!

Edited by cb at sea

You can pre-order a bottle of wine or champagne online from the wine cellar (gifts and gear) and have it delivered to your room. I order a bottle of champagne before every cruise and it is waiting for me when I get to the room or it is delivered shortly thereafter. I drink it on the balcony with chocolate covered strawberries. Yummy and heavenly. No need to dream, make it happen. You can enjoy a rum and coke at the bar afterwards.

• Like 1

Hi Goofy cruisers!

What does B2B mean?

So if I purchase alcohol at the end of THIS cruise....if I cruise again I can order alcohol to my room at the beginning?

Can you clarify? Might be worth thinking about ;)

B2B means back to back cruises. Booking consecutive cruises on the same ship.

We had the wine package and specifically asked for a bottle of champagne FOR our cabin and they asked when we wanted it and it showed up at the door. Another time we asked the waiter if we could take our wine back to the suite and he said yes so while you cannot bring it on, you can ask OR you can send yourself a GIFT or, eve better, have someone else send you an onboard gift of champagne.

We're DP's and we can order the wine before getting on the ship and it's usually waiting in the room. If not, when we do the back to back on the same ship, we buy the liquor on the last day of the cruise. This way we can take the bottle up to our room, without any problem. Some of my friends have walked in with a six pack of Bud. Nobody checked them, I really don't know how they did it. There's always a way, you just have to talk to the right people.:cool:

If and when you do B2B, order your liquor on the last day of the first trip and you can have your liquor on the second trip in your room.:D:rolleyes::cool:

Does that really work?? We have sailed Carnival and DH always orders a bottle for the room, we are going on a b2b next Dec. and that would surely help our drink bill if we made our own! Has anyone who has actually sailed a b2b done this??

If and when you do B2B, order your liquor on the last day of the first trip and you can have your liquor on the second trip in your room.:D:rolleyes::cool:

We did a RCI back-to-back two years ago and bought two litres of spirit on the first leg, very much hoping that they wouldn't notice and deliver to our cabins on the last night of the first leg, especially as we were changing cabins for the second leg. No such luck I'm afraid! The computer systems handle consecutive cruisers very well and if this ever were a loophole in the past, it has been closed.

For the B2B cruisers. On the last night of the cruise if you buy booze from the SHIP gift shop they let you carry the bottle out to your room. Thus, you have it for your 2nd leg of the cruise. The bottle never goes into RCCL hands. Just wait until your last night of the first cruise. :D:D:D

• Thanks 1

For the B2B cruisers. On the last night of the cruise if you buy booze from the SHIP gift shop they let you carry the bottle out to your room. Thus, you have it for your 2nd leg of the cruise. The bottle never goes into RCCL hands. Just wait until your last night of the first cruise. :D:D:D

They must still check your cabin no. and surely the computer then flags up a consecutive cruiser? Still, it is worth trying.

Now I just need to find a one-night cruise followed by a 14 night one to try this out.

They must still check your cabin no. and surely the computer then flags up a consecutive cruiser? Still, it is worth trying.

Now I just need to find a one-night cruise followed by a 14 night one to try this out.

I love your idea of 1 night cruise followed by a 14 night! "Yes, I just need one bottle please" (if it works they let you carry it out) "oh, I forgot I need 3 more bottles please!"

shssssss....... ixnay onway ethay ottlebay...... :)

We were on the Navigator this past summer. We pre-ordered through the gifts department a bottle of champagne for sail away. It was great to have it and watch the sunset.

My DH also bought a couple of bottles of wine from Vintages while onboard and brought them back to the room for all of us to enjoy on the balcony. They didn't give any problems.

But when we brought in wine from our port stops, we had to turn it in upon boarding. We got is back the night before so we could pack it.

Carnival will let you order liquor through bon voyage because we have had a bottle of gin waiting for us in our room. I really wish RCCL would do this. I think they would actually come out better.

• 7 years later...

I know it’s on older post.... but you can pre order rum, vodka, gin, or scotch on select ships. It’s only the .350 size and it’s between $40-50 you get a few sodas too... you have to order it through Royal gifts. 

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/wine-cellar/alcohol/

last time we we ordered through royal gifts it was flop. we order a romantic package with flowers and champagne. It never “reallyl showed up, day 5 finally got the champagne. In place of the flowers we got robes, no chocolate covered strawberries.

Definitely not the package we paid for.

basically, I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting on your over priced liquor to show up. Not without a lot of back and forth with customer service.

but, it’s the only way I see getting bottles of hard liquor in your room, if that’s how you roll?

• Like 1

This is from the gifts area on Royal Caribbean:

BACARDI GOLD AND COCA-COLA PACKAGE

$45.00

This package includes: (1) 375 ml. bottle of Bacardi Gold and 4 Coca-Cola cans.

Alcoholic beverages will be delivered after sailing in the state of Texas.

*For in-stateroom consumption only.

*Please allow 48 hours for delivery once an order is placed/completed.

*Must be 21 & over.

This product is not available on the following ships:

• Anthem of the Seas
  • Brilliance of the Seas
  • Explorer of the Seas
  • Freedom of the Seas
  • Independence of the Seas
  • Jewel of the Seas
  • Mariner of the Seas
  • Navigator of the Seas
  • Ovation of the Seas
  • Quantum of the Seas
  • Radiance of the Seas
  • Rhapsody of the Seas
  • Splendour of the Seas
  • Voyager of the Seas

Hope you find it helpful.

We just recently returned from our second Princess Cruise, loved the fact we could pre order spirits for the cabin and yes they were over priced compared to our local supermarket but at £12 for a half bottle on a ship I thought very good value. I had a soda package which was only £6 a day and included mocktails, root beer, hot chocolate and of course soda. We were very happy with the set up and did not have a further bar bill  on our cruise 😉.

Our current C&A perks give us enough free alcohol so we no longer need to think about it but having the in cabin set up was nice.

05128B86-F6E0-4BD2-B6C6-6E1929B8B012.jpeg

6 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

We just recently returned from our second Princess Cruise, loved the fact we could pre order spirits for the cabin and yes they were over priced compared to our local supermarket but at £12 for a half bottle on a ship I thought very good value. I had a soda package which was only £6 a day and included mocktails, root beer, hot chocolate and of course soda. We were very happy with the set up and did not have a further bar bill  on our cruise 😉.

Our current C&A perks give us enough free alcohol so we no longer need to think about it but having the in cabin set up was nice.

Very nice.  Did you order/purchase it while you were on the ship or do you pre order?

Was this a Princess cruise that sailed from the United States, or from South Hampton or a European port?

Dan