back from emerald princess- southern caribbean

sunandfun4me

We did this cruise last year and LOVED the itenerary.

Took snorkel gear to Princess Cays. Thought the snorkeling was fun, but as another poster said - not like Bonaire. In Bonaire we did a shore snorkel with Rene. (Google her). It was our best shore excursion EVER. Also in Dominica we did a cooking demo that was fantastic. A small group hands on cooking class with local foods followed by lunch. They pick you up at the ship and give you a small tour on the way to their house in the hills where the cooking happens. Just a wonderful group of Islands!

Also in Bonaire is Woodwind Sail & Snorkel - a really great excursion for drift snorkeling on the best reef we've seen. We went with them the last Emerald Princess cruise and are booked again for our cruise this Dec. - recommend them highly.

If you like a unique snorkeling experience, don't miss Champagne Reef in Dominica. We did a Princess Tour which was fine. We've brought our snorkeling gear to Princess Cays several times now and haven't been able to use it due to sea conditions.

Also in Bonaire is Woodwind Sail & Snorkel - a really great excursion for drift snorkeling on the best reef we've seen. We went with them the last Emerald Princess cruise and are booked again for our cruise this Dec. - recommend them highly.

If you like a unique snorkeling experience, don't miss Champagne Reef in Dominica. We did a Princess Tour which was fine. We've brought our snorkeling gear to Princess Cays several times now and haven't been able to use it due to sea conditions.

Glad to know that. The shore entry is pretty rough, so I booked the ship's boat trip for Dec 4.

This is my 1st post to CC; 2nd cruise on Princess. We're departing Ft. Lauderdale on Nov. 28. What is the best town to tourist shop? [some of the places on Princess' videos look decrepit, but historical!

What is the itenerary?

Hi Martha. Good to see a post from you as I forgot what trip you were on. My cousin and I and 2 others are doing the Emerald again in January but it's doing the other itinerary, so it will be different. Have a great cruise. Was it the Grand? ( I hope I can find this link again!)

Peggy and Sue

This is my 1st post to CC; 2nd cruise on Princess. We're departing Ft. Lauderdale on Nov. 28. What is the best town to tourist shop? [some of the places on Princess' videos look decrepit, but historical!

You must be on the Emerald as that is the only Princess cruise that depart on that date out of Ft. Lauderdale.

IMO (in my opinion) St. Thomas or Aruba would be the best stops for shopping. Grenada also has lots of shopping close to the cruise terminal.

You should join our roll call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1329000&page=101

Hi Martha. Good to see a post from you as I forgot what trip you were on. My cousin and I and 2 others are doing the Emerald again in January but it's doing the other itinerary, so it will be different. Have a great cruise. Was it the Grand? ( I hope I can find this link again!)

Peggy and Sue

It was the Emerald with that GREAT cooking demo in Dominica.....This year we are doing a B2B on the Crown Feb 11-25. Counting the days! Maybe we'll be on the same one in 2013!!!

It was the Emerald with that GREAT cooking demo in Dominica.....This year we are doing a B2B on the Crown Feb 11-25. Counting the days! Maybe we'll be on the same one in 2013!!!

I would love to hear more details of the great cooking demo in Dominica...sounds like something I would LOVE to do!

I have been looking for Patters for this itinerary as well with no luck...it would make the time go faster if I could plan out my days using them as a guide!

I would love to hear more details of the great cooking demo in Dominica...sounds like something I would LOVE to do!

I have been looking for Patters for this itinerary as well with no luck...it would make the time go faster if I could plan out my days using them as a guide!

I've got some old Patters from the Emerald I could post but they date way back to Oct 2010 & the itinerary was also different - Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas, Princess Cays. I'm not sure how much help they would be in any planning. I pretty sure all the crew has changed also by now.

At Bonaire is there something right near or at the port? I will be on my own that day and am not sure I want to do an excursion. I don't snorkle so that isn't something I am interested in.

tigercat

The cruise pier is right in the middle of the town of Kralendijk so there is shopping near by. Vendors set up tables in the main square and there are a few stores, tourist, jewelery etc., on the main street. One of the harbor side open bars which was right by our ship had $1 cold Heniken cans of beer.

Tigercat, Are you in Hamilton?

I've got some old Patters from the Emerald I could post but they date way back to Oct 2010 & the itinerary was also different - Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas, Princess Cays. I'm not sure how much help they would be in any planning. I pretty sure all the crew has changed also by now.

1 HappyCruiser,

I got those same Patters (mentioned in post above) but they will not do any good for us going this year. Thanks for the offer.

To the OP or ANYONE WHO WAS ON THIS EMERALD-CRUISE..... some questions::confused:

1.) Do you remember what night/port of call that they had the Tropical Party on the Pool deck?

2.) What night was the Past-Passenger Party held on and where was it held?

3.) What was the name of the band that played in the lounges/pool?

4.) Did they have a band playing in the Explorer Lounge after the theater show was over with---late at night or just have a band in the Wheelhouse Bar?

5.) One last question....Was Escargot listed on the menu or will we have to request it? What night will they let you have it? Which formal night?

Thanks for any/all answers you can give me.

6travelers; We did this itenerary from 9-29 to 10-9 2011 and I posted information from the ship during the cruise and a review after. The threads are: Setting Sail on Emerald Princess 9-29-11 and Review, Emerald Princess Southern Medley 9-29-11. Hopefully some of the information in those threads may be of help.

Whitecap,

Did a search.....didn't find your reviews. Maybe I did something wrong. :confused: Can you post the links to them in this thread?

Thanks.

1.) Do you remember what night/port of call that they had the Tropical Party on the Pool deck?

2.) What night was the Past-Passenger Party held on and where was it held?

3.) What was the name of the band that played in the lounges/pool?

4.) Did they have a band playing in the Explorer Lounge after the theater show was over with---late at night or just have a band in the Wheelhouse Bar?

5.) One last question....Was Escargot listed on the menu or will we have to request it? What night will they let you have it? Which formal night?

Thanks for any/all answers you can give me.

Just got back from the Emerald 10 day sailing yesterday.

There were several past passenger parties. Your invitation was delivered to your cabin. On our cruise there were 3 different parties to accomodate all the past passengers on this cruise - I think they mentioned 1800 people with Platinum or Elite status. The drinks were unlimited, you were not only given one. Snacks were nothing to write home about.

Escargo was available one night (not formal night) and I understand that you can request it any time with a 24 hour notice to the MD.

Wheelhouse had bands or comedy acts every night.

Just got back from the Emerald 10 day sailing yesterday.

There were several past passenger parties. Your invitation was delivered to your cabin. On our cruise there were 3 different parties to accomodate all the past passengers on this cruise - I think they mentioned 1800 people with Platinum or Elite status. The drinks were unlimited, you were not only given one. Snacks were nothing to write home about.

Escargo was available one night (not formal night) and I understand that you can request it any time with a 24 hour notice to the MD.

Wheelhouse had bands or comedy acts every night.

Delete

hi, all. my appologies for being so late in getting back to this thread. talk about all heck breaking loose...ugh, it did...unfortunately, thru our roof...in several spots. dm is gathering her patters (from emerald 9/29/11 caribbean sailing) tonight and i will start scanning them tomorrow. stay tuned!

Archived