Butler was a no show until next to the last day??

scarlett123

I was very disppointed in reading a post from a CC member's review stating they never saw their butler until next to the last day! This poster sail on Millie's short cruise, it was either the 4 or 5 day cruise...mostly a negative review. I booked a suite for the first time for all the perks it offers especially the butler service. This is totally unexceptable if it's true.

Has anyone else had this problem on Millie's short cruise?

Scarlett

I was very disppointed in reading a post from a CC member's review stating they never saw their butler until next to the last day! This poster sail on Millie's short cruise, it was either the 4 or 5 day cruise...mostly a negative review. I booked a suite for the first time for all the perks it offers especially the butler service. This is totally unexceptable if it's true.

Scarlett

I wouldn't believe that post for a second! Every Butler I've had has been excellent. They come to the cabin soon after you board and discuss what services you require and your specific preferences. If someone did have a problem a call to Guest Services would resolve it in seconds.

Scarlett

This happened to me years ago on the horizon we went to guest relations after the second day of not seeing butler. Was told ours had gotten off the ship and no one was resigned...poor excuse.... we finally saw one the third day... it is upsetting but speak up... and ask ...

The last suite we had in Feb of this year we told the Butler we did not need his services.

We did coffee in Michael's Club daily and do not waste calories on the tea cart pasteries in the afternoon.

The wife packs and unpacks the suitcases. We never eat food in the cabin.

It worked out great without seeing the Butler.

He still got his standard gratutity.

We had a Royal Suite years ago on the Galaxy, and NEVER saw our butler on embarkation day (not even an introduction). The 2nd day of the cruise, we attended the Celebrity Connections party where one of our fellow CC's were sailing in the Penthouse and we had mentioned to him that we had not seen or heard from our butler yet and he could not believe it. I had planned on saying something that day but he must have beat me to the punch, and shortly after the party, we had one of the ship's officers and hotel director in our suite trying to smooth things over and aplogizing (no reason given) for the absence of our butler. Shortly after the mysterious butler appeared and introduced himself and from then on he provided good (I would not say excellent) service for the remainder of our sailing.

We just got off the Millie 5 day cruise yesterday. We got to our room at about 130. Met our stateroom attendant who told us what she did and that we'd soon meet our butler. We waited in the room until we did. We had already walked around the ship. He arrived within 10 mins and we were told the services he could provide. He would have helped us book specialty dining, spa treatments, excursion tours, etc. But it was kind of stupid to call him with what we wanted when we could call directly and say the same thing. Maybe if we anticipated a hard time, we could have asked for his help.

I asked about a bridge tour which we were invited to on the last day.

Tea service from 345 to 5 was one of the services as well. We had tea in the room 3 out of 5 days. But you can get scones between 4 and 5 daily at the buffet. Our butler at first said he couldn't offer that. 2nd day, we received our tea and sandwiches. My husband was taking off for the scones to bring back to the room and the butler offered to get them which we declined. He then stated he'd have them from now on. Next day, he must have forgotten. No scones. We decided to skip the tea service in our room. Other than that, he was great.

I'm not sure why you'd wait until your last day to say something. I wouldn't have. Selva was our butler. We were in room 6127. Nice guy.

While on the Eclipse TA last April my DW and I were sitting in the Sky Observation Lounge when the Asst. Head Housekeeper approached. Told us that he recognized us from a past cruise when he was our Butler. That cruise was back in 1999-11 years earlier. Totally amazing as was his service. Very glad to see him moving up the ranks.

Three cruises all in Celebrity Suites on Millie Class vessels. 33 days total. Saw our Butler numerous times every day. Excellent service. Rikki on Summit was our first in 2004. The standard by which all butlers should be measured.

My family members have sailed in Sky Suites a number of times and never, ever had a problem with butler service. Don't worry about it - I'm sure it will be great. If for some reason you do uncover an unexpected problem with Butler service (or lack thereof) I would report it immediately. Celebrity is known for their great service and when a failing is brought to their attention it will certainly be dealt with quickly, especially so for their suite passengers.

We had a Celebrity Suite on Solstice, and saw our butler an average of 3 times a day, sometimes more. He was not at all intrusive, but was always available if we needed anything. We were given his cell # on the first day, so that we could call him for anything. I hope our butler is as nice on Millie in March. :)

We are booked in a sky suite on the Constellation in November. This will be our first experience with a butler. My husband thinks we are crazy to have one but liked sky suite room.

So what should we ask for/expect our butler to do? I know they can help with unpacking..but we probably will do that ourselves. Have already reserved dinners...what is this about a bridge tour?

Thanks for your good advice that only cc members can give.

I wouldn't believe that post for a second! Every Butler I've had has been excellent. They come to the cabin soon after you board and discuss what services you require and your specific preferences. If someone did have a problem a call to Guest Services would resolve it in seconds.

Not at all true. we had a butler on the Mercury who was difficult to locate, and who's initial answer to almost every request was "I don't

think they can do that". When he did agree to do something, he

followed through about half the time, usually a day late. It was a

waste of an extra gratuity. We received much more, and better, service from our cabin steward. He was more of a butler than the butler was

We are booked in a sky suite on the Constellation in November. This will be our first experience with a butler. My husband thinks we are crazy to have one but liked sky suite room.

So what should we ask for/expect our butler to do? I know they can help with unpacking..but we probably will do that ourselves. Have already reserved dinners...what is this about a bridge tour?

Thanks for your good advice that only cc members can give.

I will give you the answer that I always give: "What do you want your butler to do?" It is your holiday and only you know what will make it wonderful for you. Discuss with your husband before you leave home and then with your butler when you first meet him.

My advice would be to tell your butler what you would like rather than how it can be achieved. For example, I need to eat a lot of fruits which I find boring especially on holiday. Our butlers have often found interesting ways of presenting my favourite fruits to me. They have also searched the various cold stores on the ships to find fruits getting in low supply on transatlantic cruises.

Personally, we have never used our butler to make speciality restaurant reservations or request a bridge tour [we can do that ourselves] but they are invaluable when you want to invite new friends back to your suite and would like to have a few snacks available.

Sue

We have had wonderful butlers on our Celebrity Cruises. The shorter cruises as well as decks with fewer suites may have less experienced staff. However, they have always been most accomodating. I use a CPAP (for sleep apnea) and require an extension cord which they always have available. As a suite guest, the butler can provide you with espressos/cappuccino's in your room for no extra charge. Extra hangers?

I have never had a problem with a butler, but we never really use him for tasks mostly friendly conversations...In Europe 2009 in the penthouse suite (was a free upgrade) on century we had Richard, the guy on the tv menue page...he was great...since S ships I stay in Aqua Class because I like BLU so we do not have a butler, but our cabin attendents have been great

I have never had a problem with a butler, but we never really use him for tasks mostly friendly conversations...In Europe 2009 in the penthouse suite (was a free upgrade) on century we had Richard, the guy on the tv menue page...he was great...since S ships I stay in Aqua Class because I like BLU so we do not have a butler, but our cabin attendents have been great

Just off of the Silhouette and stayed in Aqua (for Blu). With a stateroom attendant like I had (Oliver), I didn't need a butler. He was fantastic. I never heard the word "no" from him. He has a wonderful singing voice and walking down the hall he could be heard serenading as he cleaned. Can't say enough about him!!!!!!!!!

Archived