Warm chocolate melting cake?

The_ZOO

So I hope I don't sound like an idiot but what is WCMC? It looks like it could be almost custard like. It also looks delish. I have an intolerance/allergy to eggs. I cannot have cheesecake, custards, or quiche as there are way to many eggs in them but i can have cookies, brownies, ect. I just have to be careful. Any advice would be appreciated.

WCMC is a little like the the consistency of fudgy brownies but with less viscosity. DH and I took a Behind the Fun tour recently and one of the goodies we received afterwards was - ta-da - the WCMC recipe for 4 servings!

6 oz Dark Chocolate

6 oz Butter

4 ea Eggs

6 oz Sugar

2 oz Flour

While I'm sure cooking it for 2,000 people is different this may at least give you an idea if it's something you could tolerate. Good luck!

If you've ever had a molten lava cake like they make at Chili's, it similar to that. If they overcook it, it's just chocolate cake. If they do it right, it's cake on the outside and molten chocolate in the center.

Now you've made me hungry!;)

Ok, now I might be drooling a little. Sounds yummy.

Thanks for the replies.

Just make certain your arteries are clear before you eat it. After you eat it they will be clogged. But you'll die smiling. :D

We used to eat it almost every night on a cruise then decided to make it at home. Bought all the Ramikin dishes, got the Carnival recipe and started.

Whoa .... nothing but eggs, sugar, chocolate, butter and a bit of flour.

My wife now only has it one night on a cruise and I don't have it at all. (I prefer to die from ice cream overload.)

WCMC is a little like the the consistency of fudgy brownies but with less viscosity. DH and I took a Behind the Fun tour recently and one of the goodies we received afterwards was - ta-da - the WCMC recipe for 4 servings!

6 oz Dark Chocolate

6 oz Butter

4 ea Eggs

6 oz Sugar

2 oz Flour

While I'm sure cooking it for 2,000 people is different this may at least give you an idea if it's something you could tolerate. Good luck!

The above recipe has way too much sugar. I have actually made this enough times to know that the recipe below results in a product that is, in fact, Warm Chocolate Melting Cake!:D:D:D

This kitchen-friendly version will make 6 individual cakes. Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is still warm when combining. Ingredients

1/2 lb dark chocolate (60% cacao bars or chips)

1/2 lb butter

5 eggs

1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar

1/4 cup less 2 tbsp flour

1. Melt the chocolate and butter together.

2. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and sugar; whisk for a few minutes, then add the flour.

3. Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate and mix.

4. Pour the mix into greased individual serving dishes. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius (between 375 and 400 Fahrenheit) for 12 minutes.

5. Enjoy warm! Serve with premium vanilla ice cream

The more you beat the mixture, the higher it will rise as there is no leavening agent in this recipe. I cook these by observation as the time will vary with the room temperature and the humidity.

Doc

So I hope I don't sound like an idiot but what is WCMC? It looks like it could be almost custard like. It also looks delish. I have an intolerance/allergy to eggs. I cannot have cheesecake, custards, or quiche as there are way to many eggs in them but i can have cookies, brownies, ect. I just have to be careful. Any advice would be appreciated.

It is the best reason to cruise on Carnival. It is the ultimate dessert. It is a bit of heaven while having the most heavenly type of vacation. It is as close to the pleasure of sex as you can get without actually having sex.

3 more days!!

I have a love-hate relationship with it. My only wish is that when it is delivered to the table that it would ALWAYS have the same consistency. Sometimes it comes out much, too much runny and I can only eat the part that is mostly cooked. I do enjoy the soft gooeyness but more of a velvety texture and not just dark runny goo. Oh well, I only have four more days before I get to "critique" them again.:D

Another desert nobody talks about is the Grand Mariour Soufle with the white sauce.. That is another favorate of mine. My sister swears by it, of course It was served on the last night of a 8 day trip, but the other was offered every night. Also the melting cake was served on the buffet line on one of the nights when I was on the Miracle.

I have a love-hate relationship with it. My only wish is that when it is delivered to the table that it would ALWAYS have the same consistency. Sometimes it comes out much, too much runny and I can only eat the part that is mostly cooked. I do enjoy the soft gooeyness but more of a velvety texture and not just dark runny goo. Oh well, I only have four more days before I get to "critique" them again.:D

I'm jealous!! :p Have a bite and extra scoop for me! lol.

Just make certain your arteries are clear before you eat it. After you eat it they will be clogged. But you'll die smiling. :D

We used to eat it almost every night on a cruise then decided to make it at home. Bought all the Ramikin dishes, got the Carnival recipe and started.

Whoa .... nothing but eggs, sugar, chocolate, butter and a bit of flour.

My wife now only has it one night on a cruise and I don't have it at all. (I prefer to die from ice cream overload.)

lmao, sometimes ignorance is bliss. Same thing happened to me after I discovered the nutritional values of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (wife used to work at CCF and would bring it home almost daily). 30-40g of saturated fat per slice. :eek:

Other than the amount of butter, the WCMC doesn't seem that bad.

I know they can make it for people with wheat allergies (celiac)... I don't care for it myself, to me it is like raw cake batter... It is not custardy. It is like cooked cake with raw cake in the middle.

I also have an egg allergy and have been able to have it (several times!!) every cruise!!! My allergy sounds almost exactly like yours with the same intolerances so I think you should be OK!!!

Enjoy!!!!

I'm with @iceleven there -- the consistency is *usually* just right, but sometimes it comes out a little undercooked. (I've never had it come out overcooked, though...) It's still pretty good undercooked, IMHO, especially when you include the second scoop of Ice Cream (which, as others mentioned, is a requirement... :D ). Good idea posted above about getting a glass of milk - I might have to ask for that next time.

Archived