Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

Aww, thank you so much! You must have known that I needed a reason to smile today. :D There it is!

I'm praying that all works out as well. Ugh..I need a drink and I'm not even on the ship yet! :eek:

Please take this as a compliment - you look way too young to have children that age!! ;)

I hope this all works out for you. :)

Thought I would take a look at this for you - there doesn't appear to be any triple insides available.

The best way to go would be 2 connecting B1 boardwalk balconys (have no idea of the cost difference) and no ocean view - 14711 and 14713 as well as 10311 and 10313 are connecting cabins and are available. Both will fit 3 and 2. Just a thought.

You are talking a pretty significant price jump to up both cabins to D1's... doubt your TA is about to absorb that one.

Then again,maybe the OP paid more when she booked and the prices of the Ds might have come down.:confused:

I have 3 teens and we had connecting B1 balcony cabins on the Allure and loved them - we opened the balcony divider too.

One thing I did want to point out - and we've had no problem in the past swapping the people into the right cabin once we checked in that one time the kids' room was about 5 doors away but it did place them in a different muster station. I wasn't too concerned and had a long talk with my oldest and all of them on what to do in an emergency if something happened and we had to report to the muster stations but it is something to keep in mind as you will definitely be in different muster stations if you aren't right near each other. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll find something that works out well for you all!!!

Our ov balcony is a D1

Yea,but the kids have an inside.........who knows,maybe the D1s now have come down in price enough for your TA to move them or for you to add a little more $$ so they can be connecting.

Just spoke with my TA. She said 5 family ov balc have become available,but we really didn't want to do this due to only having one bathroom.

She said that she is calling her Corp office to see if they can apply some American Express discount to our booking since this is her mistake. She's also checking to see if any connecting cabins have dropped in price..

Not sure where you live,but there are some resident rates.

Residents Promotion - At least one guest must be a resident from one of the following: AR,AZ,CA,CO,CT,DC,FL,GA,KS,KY,LA,MA,MD,ME,MI,MN,MO,NC,NJ NY,OH,OK,PA,RI,SC,TN,VA,WA

I really wouldn't care to add a couple 100 more bucks, but that's about it. We're really on a tight budget with this cruise.

My TA says she checking with RC for any price drops since this morning...so we shall see. keeping myfingers crossed!

You guys are awsome!!

The problem I am seeing is that there are no cabins below a B1 that will hold 3 passengers. I checked for TN res rate discount and I don't see it. I don't see any D1 cabins that connect - but I do see some that are next to each other on deck 6

Don't know what your original cost was but current rates are

triple B1 $3789.92 double B1 - 2913.28 = 6703.20

triple D1 $4209.92 double D1 - 3333.28 = 7543.20

I have a 7 and a 15 year old, and my 7 year old is VERY mature, he has been cruising since he was born, and knows the entire layout of any ship in the first day. However, all that being the case, I would NEVER, EVER leave him in a room without an adult, especially not so far from me. No way. I don't worry about him, I worry about the 5,000 other people on the ship, I don't know them.

Originally we had: L 6535 $2929.92 and D4 6164 $2721.28= $5651.20

We are paying the same price for our current booking as well. We REALLY would like to stay at this rate give or take a couple hundred extra.

Cheapest resident rate for your three would be a Boardwalk balcony(B1)=$3451.92 and for the two of you,it would be $2641.28(total $6093.20)...and there are two connecting cabins available 9699/9701......but then again,I know you do not want to give up your oceanview balcony but you can see the water from those cabins..

shp_oa_deck09_v11-12_dpl.gif

Yup, I was afraid this would be the case.

Looks like we'll just have to play the waiting came and see if any more blocks drop off. Worse case scenario,we'll have to stick with what we have. :mad:

Still staying optimistic and praying something will come up! ;)

Cheapest resident rate for your three would be a Boardwalk balcony(B1)=$3451.92 and for the two of you,it would be $2641.28(total $6093.20)...and there are two connecting cabins available 9699/9701......but then again,I know you do not want to give up your oceanview balcony but you can see the water from those cabins..

You said you would be willing to pay a couple of hundred more.......the difference is $400..........maybe the TA would pitch in since it was her fault to begin with.Its really not much $$$ for peace of mind..

Good find, this is what I would do. Good luck with whatever you decide, I hope it all works out!!!

Yes, this is true. I'll pass this on to her and see what she says.

Thanks so much! I should've found you BEFORE I found my TA! :)

You said you would be willing to pay a couple of hundred more.......the difference is $400..........maybe the TA would pitch in since it was her fault to begin with.Its really not much $$$ for peace of mind..

Originally we had: L 6535 $2929.92 and D4 6164 $2721.28= $5651.20

We are paying the same price for our current booking as well. We REALLY would like to stay at this rate give or take a couple hundred extra.

shp_oa_deck09_v11-12_dpl.gif

Not too bad - however you said your hubby doesn't want to give up the OV balcony - what a mess! But honesly this is a very good alternative to what you have. Id see what the TA will do for you.

Yes, this is true. I'll pass this on to her and see what she says.

Thanks so much! I should've found you BEFORE I found my TA! :)

:p:p:p Good luck.....

Not too bad - however you said your hubby doesn't want to give up the OV balcony - what a mess!

Like I said,they can see the ocean from their balconies PLUS see the AquaShow!!:D:D

I have a 7 and a 15 year old, and my 7 year old is VERY mature, he has been cruising since he was born, and knows the entire layout of any ship in the first day. However, all that being the case, I would NEVER, EVER leave him in a room without an adult, especially not so far from me. No way. I don't worry about him, I worry about the 5,000 other people on the ship, I don't know them.

smart Mom:)

Archived